Is Rusk Open? Being reported on TOC that Patton is out

whousecats

Seven years is a long time, what was his record there?

Now Rusk seems to have some athletes, what is

the biggest hurdle to overcome?[

25-45. Talent has never been a problem, the kids are skilled. It just flat out never worked, from the scheme and coaching style.

Skill? ... you may be right ... I have only seen one game (on film) this year ... but what I didn't see was a true matchup against the yearly likes of what Henderson, Athens, Mexia, Lorena, and Fairfield put on the field year after year ... however, if I concede that the skill set is there ... one thing I do know - you can't average giving up 44 points a game over a two year period and expect to be winningly successful ... under this set of conditions, may I suggest that skill may not be the biggest issue ... being politically correct, may I say that it takes a different mindset to play on the defensive side of the ball ... and yielding 44 a game ain't gonna cut it in too many venues ...

Skill? ... you may be right ... I have only seen one game (on film) this year ... but what I didn't see was a true matchup against the yearly likes of what Henderson, Athens, Mexia

, Lorena, and Fairfield put on the field year after year ... however, if I concede that the

skill set is there ... one thing I do know -

you can't average giving up 44 points a game

over a two year period and expect to be

winningly successful ... under this set of

conditions, may I suggest that skill may not

be the biggest issue ... being politically

correct, may I say that it takes a different

mindset to play on the defensive side of the

ball ... and yielding 44 a game ain't gonna

cut it in too many venues ...

I agree with the defensive take....It takes a different kind of player & coach on that side. I played at the next level so I have to agree. I will say though, against Lorena, Rusk was up by 17 with 9 left to play...what do you think? Fairfield game was Rusk was up late in the 4th as well. My point is while the defense take is right, talent is there and sometimes it's time for a new voice...not to mention 25-45 speaks for itself.

The skill set is not here right now, we haven't had a D1 (FBS) athlete since Cody Glenn and defense has always been a problem in Rusk. Even when we had JB Sturns we just outscored people to win games. Don't disagree that it's time for a change. Eagles 26, I don't think a semester at Bacone College counts as playing at the next level. If I remember correctly when you were a senior we were 2-8 and gave up a ton of points also.

The skill set is not here right now, we haven't had a D1 (FBS) athlete since Cody Glenn and defense has always been a problem in Rusk. Even when we had JB Sturns we just

outscored people to win games. Don't disagree

that it's time for a change. Eagles 26, I

don't think a semester at Bacone College

counts as playing at the next level. If I

remember correctly when you were a senior we

were 2-8 and gave up a ton of points also.

I agree about the defense again and out scoring teams. Cody was the last DI(FBS) kid to out, although I thought Sturns was a better athlete. The reference you're trying to make is wrong, however I played 3 years at Northwestern so you've got the wrong guy. More importantly, I feel like a new voice could help the situation, I played for Patton, and I liked him, but it wasn't ever a good fit!! Wheatiestrong do you disagree?

I agree about the defense again and out scoring teams. Cody was the last DI(FBS) kid to out, although I thought Sturns was a better athlete. The reference you're trying to make is wrong, however I played 3 years at Northwestern so you've got the wrong guy. More importantly, I feel like a new voice could help the situation, I played for Patton, and I liked him, but it wasn't ever a good fit!! Wheatiestrong do you disagree?

I agree it's time for a change and am just trying to point out that the talent level is not what you are trying to make it out to be. We have some kids with skill, but no D1 athletes. Also, I know you are not Quinn Anthony who played at Northwestern for 3 years. I saw your picture on your Twitter pics and you are exactly who I thought you were.

The medical school or St?

I agree it's time for a change and am just trying to point out that the talent level is not what you are trying to make it out to be.

We have some kids with skill, but no D1

athletes. Also, I know you are not Quinn

Anthony who played at Northwestern for 3

years. I saw your picture on your Twitter

pics and you are exactly who I thought you

were.

I never said we have D1 athletes, we have kids with some talent. I believe and you make disagree with me, but we have better players than what we've seen the last few years. It's never all on the coach, but it is the coaches job to develop and have the players ready. I also believe Chaston had D1 skill set. No I'm not Quinn, but you're still wrong and should research a little more. With that being said, what do you see as the biggest problems over the last few years?

I never said we have D1 athletes, we have kids with some talent. I believe and you make disagree with me, but we have better players than what we've seen the last few years. It's never all on the coach, but it is the coaches job to develop and have the players ready. I also believe Chaston had D1 skill set. No I'm not Quinn, but you're still wrong and should research a little more. With that being said, what do you see as the biggest problems over the last few years?

From the outside looking in, I think it's hard to speculate about what the problems are. Hope the new guy can work it out.

True that doesn't help at all, my brother was a kid that transferred out as a freshman, but more for basketball reasons. What I do notice with Rusk every chance I get to watch them is their never really big, always smaller than whoever their playing.