Bowl Season

JohnnyFootball

Yeah, that is some of it.

But not many people in Shreveport care about Virginia Tech or Tulsa too. If they had a more regionally popular team like La Tech then it would have better attendence.

Correct. The biggest part of the VA Tech fans that made the trip did so because it's Frank Beamer's last game. But probably not nearly as many locals as you'd get for a Big12-SEC matchup.

Yeah, that is some of it.

But not many people in Shreveport care about Virginia Tech or Tulsa too. If they had a more regionally popular team like La Tech then it would have better attendence.

Another thing about the Indy Bowl is that they sell a lot of their tickets cheap to corporations in the local area and give a ton to sponsors. I used to get those tickets for free every year from someone... One year a medical group, another yr a tractor company, another year a friend who worked for a sponsor... The pre-game Indy bowl stuff was terrible too...

Another thing about the Indy Bowl is that they sell a lot of their tickets cheap to corporations in the local area and give a ton to sponsors. I used to get those tickets for free every year from someone... One year a medical group, another yr a tractor company, another year a friend who worked for a sponsor... The pre-game Indy bowl stuff was terrible too...

I've been to many of the games, (pretty much anytime they've had a matchup I cared about watching) and I've never paid for tickets. I have a game ball from the 1990 game (LaTech/ Maryland) that I caught when an extra point kick went into the stands. My buddy and I snuck out with it at halftime.

Kliff Kingsbury should be embarrassed that he has a QB that good and he can't protect the guy... Brandon Harris showed plenty again of "what he can be" and "what he is". One of the best things Cam Cameron did in this one is when Fournette was getting pounded from under center plays was drop back into the spread and give him some better vision. That won't cut it against good defenses... We will need QB play against Bama etc.

Kliff Kingsbury should be embarrassed that he has a QB that good and he can't protect the guy... Brandon Harris showed plenty again of "what he can be" and "what he is". One of the best things Cam Cameron did in this one is when Fournette was getting pounded from under center plays was drop back into the spread and give him some better vision. That won't cut it against good defenses... We will need QB play against Bama etc.

The question is Cameron coming back?

Report is they got him.

I'll say it like I did last year if he does leave... LSU's defense will be fine. 4 defensive starters can declare early, I think only 1 will... If I were a defensive guy, this is a job I ride until I get a HC offer, not a DC offer for $200k more...

I'll say it like I did last year if he does leave... LSU's defense will be fine. 4 defensive starters can declare early, I think only 1 will... If I were a defensive guy, this is a job I ride until I get a HC offer, not a DC offer for $200k more...

I don't really see where this is a smart move. You're working as a DC for a defensive minded HC, who is known for going after the top defensive recruits first. You have a chance to show what kind of defense you can build. You leave that to go work for a guy who seems to think you win games by running as many offensive snaps as possible, and who uses the bulk of his scholarships on WRs and RBs. It's a step back, IMO.

It's a step back, IMO.

Same here. I don't have a dog in this hunt (don't care about LSU, Auburn, or the SEC) but I was surprised at this.

I could see it if Les Miles was being keelhauled, or if it was a head coaching gig, but it's a lateral move (at best) for a nominal bump in pay. Unless his defense wrecks shop and leads Aubie to the promised land, I don't see how this move helps his stock price.

Why does the Fiesta Bowl have a noon kickoff? Weird to see it on so early...The game stinks by the way, watching Tennessee/Northwestern instead

Am I the only one who thinks that Norte dame is constantly overrated? It just seems that they consistently get the benefit of the doubt about rankings, then flop when they play a good team. Maybe I'm biased.

Am I the only one who thinks that Norte dame is constantly overrated? It just seems that they consistently get the benefit of the doubt about rankings, then flop when they play a good team. Maybe I'm biased.

Lost by 2 at Clemson, lost by 2 at Stanford, despite suffering more than their fair share of injuries. Think they were rated appropriately. Now they'll go down.

Lost by 2 at Clemson, lost by 2 at Stanford, despite suffering more than their fair share of injuries. Think they were rated appropriately. Now they'll go down.

Agreed

I don't think Bowl games that don't matter should be used to determine what you are rated.