Lufkin Hudson

RonSwanson

Ron there are THREE schools in the Lufkin area that in the 80s that did NOT have football.....all 3 were "old" 3A size schools....Pollock Central......Hudson....and Huntington....they all 3 were "basketball towns"......Huntington added football in the early 80s and well have NEVER HAD A WINNING SEASON....best year was 3-7....in those years Huntington has won TWO....TWO district games...one came this year aainst...Madisonville...the other was Dibol several years ago...BOTH wins cost the other school's coach their job.....Central....Hudson and Huntington are NOT football towns and need to STAY basketball/baseball/other sport towns!!!!

I can see your point purple. Central would be a copy of Huntington but Hudson might be big enough to have a competitive football team and basketball team. tbtcoach, your right, Brock is now a basketball town and a football town.

Brock has the coaching staff, the depth from what I could see on that Brock sidelines and also an administration that was committed to bringing a football program to the town. Things I don't think Hudson will ever have. So, I wouldn't compare them to Brock.

They do not want football at the school. I new the AD who was the Baseball Coach there a few years ago and he said back then that it would be more likely for Texas to vote for Hilary than it would be for Hudson to add football.

ALL true of Brock and Argyle....shoot Argyle USE ti be an 8th grade school district!!!!! BUT I also know as does Billy Clyde....foootball WILL NEVER FLY IN HUDSON.....even in Huntington...football is an afterthought....social event...NOW trueblue will get mad at me because of current HFC.....hope little Gandy can change that mind set....

ALL true of Brock and Argyle....shoot Argyle USE ti be an 8th grade school district!!!!! BUT I also know as does Billy Clyde....foootball WILL NEVER FLY IN HUDSON.....even in Huntington...football is an afterthought....social event...NOW trueblue will get mad at me because of current HFC.....hope little Gandy can change that mind set....

Trueblue already knows exactly what you speak of. Trueblue played against Huntington back in the day. They had no support for football then.

Trueblue already knows exactly what you speak of. Trueblue played against Huntington back in the day. They had no support for football then.

True.....it is really sad......football in Huntington is a "social event"....be seen.....not heard....leave at half-time and put on your "good try guys" but we can't play football...BUT we will get them in basketball!!! personna......IF...and I say IF hudson ever started football I would hope they do it RIGHT....not like Huntington did and just JUMP into the fray with a FULL set of teams....but start in 5-6 grade and groom THAT group as the first Varsity group....start as a JH independant....7th grade...then 7th-8th grade teams....add a group each year.....play JV till that 1st group becomes JRs...then play a FULL group of teams

I graduated from Huntington in 1980 when there was not football. Went back there in 1996 as a High School Principal after coaching at tradition rich Garrison for six years. Oddly enough our first game of the season was vs. Garrison, handed the head coach the entire playbook on the Bulldogs, for both sides of the ball. I was told it was not needed we got this. Long story short it was the hardest three years of my life watching high school football, 0-30 social event for the drill team.

It would be great for the kids and the community. Lufkin kids grow up knowing they are going to be a LP Panther

if it could be supported and backed it's a worthy cause for a lot of kids that would have a chance to play and grow.

I remember back in the day when there was Lee and JT here. Now there is so much growth to our south that Bullard is getting some kids. Thene is Grace, Brook Hill, TK Gorman, Chapel Hill, and even Frankston in the Smith Couny area. It takes its toll on stacking up a school but it's all about the kids anyway and look at all those kids that get to play on Friday night. It's a good thing

I don't think it will ever happen, but I could be wrong. Like I said, you can't compare them to Brock. They may be competitive, but I don't think they would ever be serious title contenders. Part of me does want to see what they could do in football though. The other programs have been pretty good over the years. Then again I don't care. I would rather have the Panthers as the only team in town. It's good to have some of the Hudson folks supporting our program during football season. I doubt we would ever be on the front of the sports page again if Hudson got a football team too lol. The LDN loves them.

And besides, if the community really wanted football, they would have football.......

That's the bottom line......I see a lot of non-Hudson ISD posters wanting Hudson to play football.......what I don't see are Hudson ISD taxpayers wanting it. ....and that's all that matters.......

I graduated from Huntington in 1980 when there was not football. Went back there in 1996 as a High School Principal after coaching at tradition rich Garrison for six years. Oddly enough our first game of the season was vs. Garrison, handed the head coach the entire playbook on the Bulldogs, for both sides of the ball. I was told it was not needed we got this. Long story short it was the hardest three years of my life watching high school football, 0-30 social event for the drill team.

Boss...I was in Alto in 85.....and it was VERY hard to watch Huntington play that year....they played....but it was as if they KNEW they didn't have a chance....I know old Tom B was VERY successful in baseball and tried really hard to coach football...BUT the mindset in Huntington was "lets play a game"....lets get a "participation award" and get on with our life.....I then went to Huntington in 09 with over 30 years of WINNING football experience to help the "NEW" coach build a program....DIDN'T HAPPEN.....MOST of the coaches either had NEVER coached football...or had LIMITED knowledge....didn;t help that we were with Jasper...Carthage...Kirbyville....was a BEAT DOWN....PLUS the coach said to win must play GOOD teams....Athens....Shelbyville...Cleveland....Remember I interviewed with you before you left....GOOD kids just not "football kids"....more worried about hog hunting and camping at the lake....no commitment toward a program.....hope that the current coach who has a RICH football winning tradition can change the mind set.....