Troup HC

headhunter02

There's a retired coach in Lilbert, TX that is more than ready to take the reigns in Tiger land. Mike Thomas is the name...and getting offensive linemen coached up is the game! Can't stop that I formation that Thomas brings to the table. Once he gets that solid country breakfast and a pot of coffee in him, he's fully capable of taking teams to new heights. Look out Troup. Y'all guys got a great one.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think this job would be toxic for a while. I am not jumping into judgment about what happened and I am not defending anyone. I would think after losing a coach for controversial reasons it would be hard to get someone established.

Its the way things will forever be from here on out. Social media will ruin coaching. Every idiot can post anything after every game, play or timeout and find other idiots to corroborate and/or justify their positions or opinion. Its really bad when the board, supt, and other coaches join in or initiate the "captain hindsite" persona. There are some well known ones in everytown. ANYBODY that can't be a genius after the fact is INFACT an idiot. Yet the bleachers, boards, and facebook are full of geniuses. Combine the hindsight experts with the anonymous allegations posse and you get a very toxic profession. All it takes is one false allegation from one child and you have a three month facebook lynching. Facts be damned, at that point reputations, and in some cases careers are ruined.