Jeff Traylor to interview for Texas State job

Horns85

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his connections and coaching history, he could very easily get Texas State going in the right direction. No reason with the talent in this state for the Texas State/North Texas/SMU type schools to not be successful and competitive at the non power 5 level.

You said dumb stuff but this one takes the cake. Let's see a low level position in which there wasn't much production vs a Division 1 head coaching job hmmm. .. hard one

That's a laugh coming from the laughing stock of Smoaky.com .... you have about as much credibility as a cucumber ... :P

I think my point is very valid and in no way is a put down of Coach Traylor ...

Hate to see him take a step that far back. I know it's a HC job, but it's a long way back up the ladder to the big schools ... anyway, good luck wherever he coaches. He's done a great job his entire coaching career ....

From special teams coach at Texas to head coach at Texas State is a step back?

Ok.

Texas to Texas State IS a step back ... It's very difficult to climb back up the ladder ...

I agree if he doesn't have success it would be very hard to get back to top tier level. However if he had success he could shoot up the ranks quickly. Personally if it's me I don't leave UT unless it's a great situation where success is quickly possible. Don't know if Texas State fits that's mold

Texas to Texas State IS a step back ... It's very difficult to climb back up the ladder ...

So what if the dude that was there before goes to Texas and becomes an equipment manager?

Step up right?

Step back we can disagree about it till you're blue in the face.

Difficult to get back I can agree with.. Those have nothing to do 28th each other btw.

So what if the dude that was there before goes to Texas and becomes an equipment manager?

Step up right?

Now you are getting ridiculous. I think the path to a HC coaching job at a major college is far easier moving up the ranks if you are already coaching at that level than coming from a smaller school even if you are a HC at that level. Coordinators at the bigger schools are more likely to move up to a HC position at that level than coaches coming from the smaller schools. That's all I'm saying ....

Only in you're own mind is it valid. Lion 2 Kirt 0

In your dreams .... :lol:

For the last time, going from a D1 special teams coach to a D1 head coach is a step up.

Being a difficult road back has nothing at all to do a/ that

Major college vs small college .... all D1s are not equal ...

For the last time, going from a D1 special teams coach to a D1 head coach is a step up.

Being a difficult road back has nothing at all to do a/ that

Who said he wanted to go back up

Traylor may be just looking for a few high paying years to bring his retirement pay up

Spent too many years as the Boss, not used to taking orders.

May be older than you think. but if he starts having fun at this position could stay.