Jeff Traylor to interview for Texas State job

Horns85

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was offered more money at Texas to keep him from the OC position at Mizzu.

Taking a D1 HC position is a huge step even if it is Texas State. A lot more than just offense and defense. Not sure if just having one year of college experience is enough to go for it.

But who would have thunk that Gilmer boy comes home to roost...starts a program...does real well & we love him...named the stadium Jeff Traylor Stadium...fullfills boyhood dream of coaching in burnt orange...he will do well whereever he lands...priceless

Step up step down who gives a rip if he wants to apply for the job go for it . I don't think he cares what step it is, he is going to do what he feels is best for him. If he feels like the best thing is to come back to East Texas and drive a dump truck go for it don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

I'm just trying to figure out what body of work Texas state is basing this off of because UT's special teams was pathetic. Great recruiter though

I know for a 100% fact, from first-hand knowledge, that the special teams issues were not Taylor's fault. He urged them to spend more time on special teams, and they simply wouldn't. Can't get better at something if you devote 0 time to it.

Hmmmm....Jake got accepted to the Red McCombs school of business at UT. I don't think he's going anywhere but if he does I wish him the best for success.

Step up step down who gives a rip if he wants to apply for the job go for it . I don't think he cares what step it is, he is going to do what he feels is best for him. If he feels like the best thing is to come back to East Texas and drive a dump truck go for it don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

I think Coach Traylor knows what is best for him and his family.

If he decides to go to TS, and whatever he does, he will do well at, you might be able to get some of those recruits to follow him. Not saying they would be leaving UT for a better school, but would leaving for instant playing time. Wonder if he would be like Chad Morris and hire some high school coaches?

He will go after Surratt.