garrison job

ibleedorange

With a new Superintendent in place, this job is open to many qualified applicants. It will be interesting to see how much input the board has on this one, since there are different outlooks on the type of AD/HC they are looking for. Football wise the program needs to be reshaped from the ground up teaching fundamentals to some good young classes coming up. This is a good job if given time to rebuild, but not if expected to be great in all sports in two years. Hope the Bulldogs find them a good leader and give him full reins to do it the right way for all programs.

Not sure the program needs to be reshaped from the ground up. They were one play away from beating Crockett and Corrigan this year, both of whom went 3 rounds in the playoffs. So you can almost assume that they were one play away from the third round. They closed the gap tremendously from last year to this year against those schools. Eighth grade only had about 13 boys playing football this year and but JV was a decent team. It is not the football program that need to be reshaped but the culture of the "athletic program as a whole", approximately 40 boys in the athletic period that do not play football and at a school with 220 this is a huge problem to overcome for any coach. Weight room was not a priority under the coach that reaped the benefits of them being a big 2A school the previous realignment and that has been hard to overcome as well. Pretty sure this past season they could not have had more than 4 boys who weighed over 200 lbs. This is not the Garrison of 2003 and the people in the town have a hard time not living in the past. Probably will have 100 applicant like all small jobs do and they will have some good ones to choose from i am sure and hopefully they will choose the right person for the job. Good Luck to the Bulldogs in this search.

Pig, that I agree with, hence using the word "reshape". Getting the number of participants back up, stressing the fundamentals and weight room with the young ones should be a priority. As far as "possibly" going 3 rounds deep, that was not going to happen.

Pig, that I agree with, hence using the word "reshape". Getting the number of participants back up, stressing the fundamentals and weight room with the young ones should be a priority. As far as "possibly" going 3 rounds deep, that was not going to happen.

If you look at Corrigan's path, I think it was a real possibility, heck they scored 70 on their first two round opponents, so I do think if they could have somehow beat Corrigan it could have happened. The Corrigan score was 12-7 I think.

Not trying to argue what is already in the books, but those 70 point games came after getting about four starters back. Garrison has a ton of tradition, and has seen lean years in the past. With a fresh start, I wish the best for all of their programs and whoever is leading the way.

If you want to review princes record as a head coach I would say that is fair IF you throw out Dawson. Jesus couldn't have coached dawson to wins the past several years. Literally the worst collection of Genetic Material athletically that could be assembled.

Prince would be a great choice. Has been part of championships there and elsewhere.

Again, you might check his record as a head coach before jumping on the band wagon. While I will agree that he has had success as a coordinator, he has not had any success as a head coach, so I don't think he is the one. Success as coordinator does not always translate to success as the head coach.

Mike Thomas is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars (6yrs) in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona.

Born: June 4, 1987 (age 28), Bossier City, LA

Mike Thomas is a proven high school football coach in the state of Texas....from his days as OC of the '89 Chapel Hill state championship team, to his days as head coach at Cushing high. A proven winner

Just my opinion but if i were interviewing potential candidates i would be looking for a older coach who isn't here to just put in a few years and move on to the next best opportunity. Coach Bernard's ( who is a good guy ) situation aside the past few coaches have won for a season or two and hit the road. Maybe some of that comes from things the general population of Garrison isn't privy to i don't know but a lot of it is wanting to move up the coaching ranks.