This Was A Honest To Goodness Real Thing?

Stoney

4 , 6, and 12 from Beaumont and 9 from Lufkin........

^^^^ Ineed everyone to answer THIS question... How many of you ever had a TV Repairman make a house call to fix your TV after normal business hours... Or EVER?????

My grandad did all the tv repairs.......

4 , 6, and 12 from Beaumont and 9 from Lufkin........

My grandad did all the tv repairs.......

We had a man named Pete Williams in Carthage who was a TV repairman, & on Several occasions, my Dad would call him to come replace a vacuum tube in our TV... AT NIGHT! & get it going again... I went to a funeral last month for my favorite High School teacher, Mrs. Betty Bounds, & Mr. Williams preached her funeral; He's 92 years old, & still kicking!😋

^^^^ Ineed everyone to answer THIS question... How many of you ever had a TV Repairman make a house call to fix your TV after normal business hours... Or EVER?????

Ours broke down once, and my dad took it to the shop. It was the old wood grained cabinet that you never see today. It lasted all the way until 1988, and then it was cheaper to buy a new television than to repair the old one. I think they bought that set in 1963.

Oh yeah. You didn't chunk and trash a TV like nowadays. And your list of TV channels depended on the size of your antennae. We could pull in KSLA 12, KLTV 7, NBC 6 was out of Shreveport or maybe Arkansas(?).

We watched ABC on KTBS 3. I would watch Our Gang/Little Rascals on KLTV 7 in the 70's, and for a few other afternoon shows.