Cowboys Longer Offseason

Doomer

What would you do with the #4 pick?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle it?

• Stay put- Take the best player available
    • Trade Up- Take Goff as your franchise QB
    • Trade Down- Pick up extra picks in a deep draft where you have position problems

I'd let Carr walk. Claiborne has played better but not top 10 pick shutdown CB level. Byron Jones, kid can be a future All Pro at S or CB.

Treadwell and Bryant outside. Williams and Beasley inside. That's a pretty good tough matchup.

I don't see the big Ole Miss DT fitting in here.

No way should they franchise McClain. He's just not that valuable.

And if we are considering Kellen Moore as anything more than a potential backup we are doomed

The Cowboys better be more concerned with a long term starter than who is going to be the back-up ....

Kellen Moore at least took chances down the field which is what gets you wins in todays NFL. Weeden had a great arm and could throw the deep ball but wouldn't do it because he was scared, Cassel will do it but is physically unable to. With salary cap constraints it is what it is, nobody in their right mind would consider cutting Romo. When he is healthy he is a Pro Bowl Qb, and is signed through 2018, you cut him now and you are no better off because he still counts against the cap and who do you have to replace him? Franchise QB's aren't in the free agency pool and even drafting them is an inexact science. Look how many bust there are. Do we need to draft a QB? Duh we should have already but there is no rewind button on drafting.

• Like 1

Exactly, it was his first ever regular season game. At least he isn't afraid to throw the dang pigskin down field.

It's funny listening some others on other forums and they are whining about he can't throw the ball downfield more than 20 yards. They are mad that Cassel is no longer backing up. I am guessing they haven't watched Cassel throw or manage a game this season.

Exactly, it was his first ever regular season game. At least he isn't afraid to throw the dang pigskin down field.

I always liked Kellen Moore when he was in college. I just don't know if his skills translate to the NFL. I hope he pans out as a viable option.

Let's just take Moore one step at a time. Can he play at a capable backup QB level? If he can, does that translate over to being handed the keys to the team? I liked the kid in college. One game in 4 years isn't enough tape to base if he can be a guy or the guy. It's important that the Boys find out if Kellen is a capable backup or not. A middle aged franchise QB with back issues and a weak clavicle is a time bomb waiting to go off. Romo's still capable of putting up the numbers and getting the results for maybe 10 games a season, hopefully 16. Pull a Green Bay and pick a QB in the late rounds, develop him, see if he's a keeper or trade bait. At one time or another they had Brunell, Warner and Hasslebeck backing up Favre. I remember a time it was Aikman, Peete/ Kosar and Garrett. 2 decent backups at one time. Anyway I just want to see what a game plan built around Moore looks like.

How do we know about Kellen Moore yet? Not enough game time to remotely get an educated opinion.

The only thing I didn't like was the three interceptions. You do have to get into a rhythm with the offense, and he didn't start practicing with the first team until this week. I think the next two games will prove if he can make it. I don't have a problem bringing him back for training camp even if he doesn't cut it. I'd get rid of Cassel as soon as possible. He needs to call it quits.

Henry is sneaky fast. He's a more durable McFadden. If it's Cook or Henry there in the 2nd I'd probably take Henry.

I'd rather see him in the first, but trade down to get more picks. We need a durable running back. Gurley was taken with the 10th pick last year, and that's about where I see Henry going. I don't like the attitude of Ezekiel Elliott. If we could get a 1st and a 2nd round pick for the 4th pick in the draft or better I say make the trade. That would make it to where we could get a decent defensive player and a QB.

• Like 1

We need a QB badly, but I think taking it here would be a mistake. You are basically drafting somebody that you may not play for 3-4 years (it all depends on the health of Romo). I just can't pull the trigger that high on somebody you may not use for 3 years.

There isn't any rule that requires a QB drafted in the first round to play immediately. Once upon a time QB's were drafted specifically to tote a clipboard and learn. I don't see any reason why Dallas couldn't draft a QB at the 5 spot and let him sit for a couple of years.

My biggest fear is that Jerry fulfills his two year old wish and drafts Johnny Foosball with the first or second round pick. Or both.

I'm not sure; Manziel bein a Texas boy just might want to play for the Cowboys bad enough to Try to be good... Hell of a gamble on Jerry's part but in light of some of his other pics, the worst that could happen is for Johnny Football to prove everyone Right & let his party life permanently ruin his career, OR he could step up & make everyone eat crow! It Would be interesting...