New Diana Hiring Thread

RETIREDFAN1

Robbie Copeland would be a great hire. He has worked for some good coaches and learned the right way to build a program. He is a strong supporter of all sports and a solid family man. He would lead with a positive attitude and get the kids excited about the process. Good luck to Coach Copeland and ND. We could all learn something from HTaylor. It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong. Investigate and ask questions, it's amazing what you can learn.

I wasn't talking about the race make up of each school. I speak of the athletic ability that is King has that ND doesn't. I am sure he is a great offensive mind, but Jet Sweep with a kid running a 4.5 is totally different than a kid running a 4.9.

No a C.E. King, its a highschool lol

I know that... But if it's who I'm thinking of he once coached at Hawkins or is from there....

I wasn't talking about the race make up of each school. I speak of the athletic ability that is King has that ND doesn't. I am sure he is a great offensive mind, but Jet Sweep with a kid running a 4.5 is totally different than a kid running a 4.9.

Might also be a difference in handing off a a ND running back or a RB that's going to TAMU...

Thats why they call it coaching.... You adapt to your athletes strengths. He will do an awesome job for the community, school district, athletic program, and the kids. He's coached/ coordinated both sides of the ball. He understands kids, and will do just fine relating/coaching "these kids".

Unless you are playing a team full of 4.5's on defense the Jet Sweep is a GREAT play if your fastest guy is 4.9. You are getting the ball in the hands of your fastest skill kid at full speed.

You think it is better tossing that 4.9 kid the ball and he has to get going out of stance?

I am thrilled that they hired someone so now the drama has to at least change topics around here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been kind of quiet on here. They've had it narrowed down to 2 finalists for 2 weeks and no action has been taken? I'm going to have to check with my Diana people to see what is going on. Either the loud people have gotten their way or Diana has dripped the ball. I'll be checking for an update.

I think they're just waiting for the scheduled board meeting next week. And the Supt has been making visits to the finalists' schools for backgrounds.

Does anyone know if either or both of the finalists has any kids in high school that play sports?