New Diana Hiring Thread

RETIREDFAN1

ND #### on defense and putting turf on the field is a total waste of money. You have a Sup and a board that think if they put turf on the field that will convince the tax payers to pass a bond, that is the last thing you need to do to convince tax payers to pass a bond, why would you put turf on a field when people have to stand up to watch a game because there is no where to sit. If they want a bond passed the first thing you have to do is back off the 25 million dollar bond they tried to pass a couple of years ago. Stay within reason on a bond and get some of the people that has been the community for 30 or 40 years involved and forget about being like Tyler or Longview and present a bond that people can live with.

ND #### on defense and putting turf on the field is a total waste of money. You have a Sup and a board that think if they put turf on the field that will convince the tax payers to pass a bond, that is the last thing you need to do to convince tax payers to pass a bond, why would you put turf on a field when people have to stand up to watch a game because there is no where to sit. If they want a bond passed the first thing you have to do is back off the 25 million dollar bond they tried to pass a couple of years ago. Stay within reason on a bond and get some of the people that has been the community for 30 or 40 years involved and forget about being like Tyler or Longview and present a bond that people can live with. If the people of Diana do not wise up you will be paying taxes to longview anyway in about 4 or 5 years, they are going to annex Diana if we do not incorperate but when you mention this people nearly pass out. Well folks it's coming and faster than you think so get ready. But back to football, it's like Ole Bear always said offense sells tickets and defense wins championships and when you give up 40 and 50 points a game like the Eagles have done the last 4 or 5 years your in deep PooP.

I have been to meetings and listened to the numbers about the field and track. The field needs reconditioned or it is unsafe to play on. There have been muktioke injuries due to holes and divits from overuse. I imagine you are a businessman from your post. Why spend $300-$400 to recondition the field and track just to have to do in again in a few years? Is not not smarter to turf the field for $1 million and not have to do major spending for the uokeep for 10 years. Is not not a more logical financial decision?

The field is used by the football teams, band, baseball, softball, and other grades for free time or pe. It is a cost effective improvement.

I will say I agree on the incorporation.

The defense has not given up 40-50 a game for 4 years. I was at all the games in that span with my kids parricipating. I will say I do not know the numbers exactly but there were 2 playoff years and 1 we missed on points spread. I will agree 3-7 isn't a playoff team but the 3 wins were against the right teams. This year was a different story. Again I was at all but the waskom game. I saw an offense give up the ball many times that the opposing team scored. That's not on the defense. 30+ turnovers with half going for scores is a lot of points. Again the defense is on the sidelines. Special teams scores quit a few. So you can not sum up 4 years of football by 1 year of mosques. It happens to a very yound team. The future is bright and I hope that are more people that start see this and supporting the changes than opposing the opportunities we now have.

Job board lit up??? Since the beginning it was stated that the new AD would bring in 2 coaches. An OC and DC. Both are posted. There is also a 3rd position posted. The rest have been told they will be staying unless they wish to leave. Good luck with the speculation.

It's been a while since I have talked to anyone but this past week I spent a couple of nights there since my kids have been on spring break and we wanted to see old friends. I did hear that maybe they have found a DC in Hector? What does that do to the current baseball guy if he comes? Is he already out? I did hear that a couple of coaches have already turned their stuff in too. Was one of them the baseball coach? I was told the same crowd that wanted the old football coach gone also wanted him gone now. Maybe more meetings with the supt?

Anyone have any word on any other hires or possibilities that might be coning to ND? I would imagine it will be tough to get anyone to come from where he has been due to money and location.

Well I must be seeing things because 2 years ago when they played waskom it was 57 -0 at half time. It could have been 100-0 at the end if Waskom had not pulled the dogs off. As far as the turf goes it would be great, but if people do not have a place to sit what good does the turf do. Nobody is going to what to use New Diana's stadium for the playoffs if it cannot seat more than a 1000 fans. New Diana needs lots of improvements to the School and I will say that the Kids need better class rooms, but for some reason you have a Sup that wants to improve the Adm. Building, He will never get a bond passed until he and the people on this bond issue come back down to earth. New Diana has a long way to go before it gets back to the old New Diana way of being respected on the Football field, they used to beat people 7-0,12-6 14-7 but that wasn't good enough, we wanted to score lots of points and still get beat. Well I would rather win 6-0, 12-6, or 14-7 and be in the playoffs than to score 40 points a game and still get beat. I don"t know who is calling the shots there anymore, but it looks like a couple of board members have a buddy that is running the show and the people on the outside can see this. New Diana is the laughing stock of East Texas right now so Sup and Board members stand tall and proud because it all comes back to you. The pride at New Daina is gone and that is a shame.

Someone posted earlier that some people wanted Diana's baseball coach out? Hasn't the baseball program consistently made the playoffs every year since he has been there? Didnt they just beat 4a Kilgore which from what I know Kilgore isn't a bad 4a school.

The people that want the baseball coach out has issues they need to deal with.

• Like 1

Someone posted earlier that some people wanted Diana's baseball coach out? Hasn't the baseball program consistently made the playoffs every year since he has been there? Didnt they just beat 4a Kilgore which from what I know Kilgore isn't a bad 4a school.

The people that want the baseball coach out has issues they need to deal with.

They haven't played Kilgore, but they did beat Gladewater recently.