New Diana Hiring Thread

RETIREDFAN1

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting a current update on the status of New Diana. I am the Athletic Booster President.

As most know New Diana has hired Robbie Coplin as AD/HC.

Coach Coplin has been doing staff reviews. We have has two coaches resign after completing the year.

As of Monday the powerlifting and baseball coaches have been offered non coaching positions in the middle school as teachers for next year.

To date we now have 4 coaching positions unfilled. No announcements of replacements are pending. As this positions are filled we will update.

Very dumb moves with baseball and powerlifting coaches. Great men who did great jobs. That's terrible and pathetic.

I'm sure they are great men and very good coaches. Did either one or both of them apply for the Head Football or AD job?

If they did, then their fate was sealed when they were not hired for that position.

• Like 1

I am posting a current update on the status of New Diana. I am the Athletic Booster President.

As most know New Diana has hired Robbie Coplin as AD/HC.

Coach Coplin has been doing staff reviews. We have has two coaches resign after completing the year.

As of Monday the powerlifting and baseball coaches have been offered non coaching positions in the middle school as teachers for next year.

To date we now have 4 coaching positions unfilled. No announcements of replacements are pending. As this positions are filled we will update.

You wanted "rumors" to stop, in yet you add this to a topic that was 2 pages buried, positives being said about your school, and all the manure you spewed on here, and you post this. NICE!!

The trees tried to tell ya.... BUTTTTT 1. You didn't break the story. 2. You didn't like the whispers. 3. You didn't want people spreading "Rumors".

This guy.... The job board now has about 7 coaching positions. I wish I had the energy to back 3 or 4 pages where I posted such "rumors" that now have come to fruition. Good day sir!

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but were the 2 coaches that were relieved from Coaching Responsibilities the OC and DC? I thought ND had a strong baseball program, why would the coach that is doing a great job be let go? Was the powerlifting coach a football coach also? Or was he let go for other reasons? I have no facts on these coaching issues just simply wondering how the decisions were made on which coaches stayed and which were let go.

This is the age of entitlement, everyone should keep their job, no one should be let go. Good guy or bad, doesn't matter, ND wanted a new AD/HC and he needs his people in place. It is the nature of the job "Coach" no one is unreplaceable. These guys that are leaving probably did not want to do what the new guy wants, so it is their option to leave, it happens every where. Bum Philips said it best " there are two kinds of coaches, them that have been fired and them that are going to be fired, if you stay in the business long enough you will be both". In a small school like ND every coach probably coaches football, on the boys side anyway, so sports are tied together. The new AD/HC will not be fired if baseball loses, but if he does it's his job. He will hire the best baseball coach and Powerlifting coach he can find that will coach Football the way he wants and everyone will be fine. Everyone should think about the kids and make the transition as smooth as possible, give the new guy a chance and you may be happy with the results. Coarse Arm chair Coaches will never be happy unless they have something to ### about.

TreeHugger....you are as stuck on yourself as the person who is behind the debacle that has gone on at ND since November. Seems you must have an inside man...unless you are the inside man. Or just someone with an ax to grind because you weren't the athlete you wanted to be, or your kids, etc. I don't know. As for me, since only some people on here have the right to ask questions, and it is certainly not me, this is my last post. I just asked about the baseball coach yesterday and it got removed and I got warned. Goodbye forever Smoaky as it seems there is bias everywhere.

Wow. So baseball coach is getting reassigned for next year? Hopefully yall dont get angry at me for asking, but, hasnt the baseball team been the most consistent program in diana? Did i read that they are picked to win the district? Also i did see where they ten runned white oak about a week ago.

Very confused

I feel bad for the Baseball Coach! Guy does his job and wins, but because new FB coach wants his guy he has to move on.

You cant say it is what is best for the kids, because evidently this coach has been helping them succeed. Diana should be ashamed for letting this happen to their most successful coach! I will GUARANTEE you the new FB coach already knows who his replacement will be.

• Like 1

Baseball coach is a great guy had 2 boys play for him a couple of years back in the fall. As for now they are currently 2nd at 3-1 in district. And yes baseball has been successful with him there. Diana would be smart to keep him around

Maybe that's why he's not being kept, he's coaching baseball during football season!