New Diana Hiring Thread

RETIREDFAN1

You sould be ashamed, ND has been going downhill since 2002, and I really do not see much improvement in the near future, I wish the new AD luck but it seems that for some reason this board we have now seems to want ND to be the stepping stone for coaches who want their first AD job instead of hiring a proven AD,

We all know that nobody coaches football during baseball season right?

Apples and oranges. The kids that can help the baseball team out, play baseball. Kids that don't play football, usually are straight baseball. There's always baseball players that should be playing football at this size school. Having fall baseball might entice one to not play football in dreams of playing in the MLB, bad situation to create at a school this size...

Allowing students that just want to play baseball to do so is not "creating a situation"... Making them play football IS... If a kid wants to play multiple sports then let them. If they just want to play one then let them. It's about what's best for the kid.

Maybe that's why he's not being kept, he's coaching baseball during football season!

Not every kid in EAST Texas likes football, hell even some go on to college and pay for there education with academics and baseball. Believe me I know you can't sale 3000 tickets to a baseball game " by a former AD " but if equal opportunity wasn't around half of us wouldn't have jobs. Sometimes if you have a good thing going make some arrangements to KEEP IT going. So far the best thing going at ND for the past several years is Baseball, why take that away if you do not have too.

Apples and oranges. The kids that can help the baseball team out, play baseball. Kids that don't play football, usually are straight baseball. There's always baseball players that should be playing football at this size school. Having fall baseball might entice one to not play football in dreams of playing in the MLB, bad situation to create at a school this size...

I'll bake you a wedding cake if any kid from ND ever sniffs the major leagues. You need to read this:

http://coachingsearch.com/article.aspx?a=Greg-Olsen-blasts-sport-specialization-Were-going-down-a-bad-path#.Vw0RBPICGwU.mailto

Football makes you better in all sports

Kids?

What do you consider a kid?

By the time a "kid" is 15,16 or 17 years old, they are old enough to decide for themselves what they want to do. Specialization at a young age, 7-13 is definitely bad. But who are we to tell a young adult that he is not capable to make a decision on what spots he wants to play? We can advise them that some college coaches prefer to recruit multi sport athletes. We can remind them that is dangerous to spend too much time throwing because it puts a strain on your shoulder and elbow. We can implore them that basketball is a physical game and football will help them be tougher on the court. But ultimately, it is there decision in consultation with their support group (family). Coaches need to quit forcing there concept of an overall athlete on kids. Coach the ones that show up, they are the ones that want to be there so you are better off with the ones that want to play, rather than the ones you force to play. And AD/HFC's please quit destroying other sports programs, just to win a a game or two on the gridiron.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure the new Diana baseball coach is the offense coordinator so I doubt he is sabotaging football. But we are in the business that when a new head man comes in they want to bring coordinators. Everybody knows that it is part of the job.

I guess the ND baseball coach failed to force kids to play Football, therefor he has no job on the current staff. Way to go ND, you had a mess and made it worse by hiring a win at all cost football guy. I am boycotting this football season, at some point this school needs to wake up.

Kids?

What do you consider a kid?

By the time a "kid" is 15,16 or 17 years old, they are old enough to decide for themselves what they want to do. Specialization at a young age, 7-13 is definitely bad. But who are we to tell a young adult that he is not capable to make a decision on what spots he wants to play? We can advise them that some college coaches prefer to recruit multi sport athletes. We can remind them that is dangerous to spend too much time throwing because it puts a strain on your shoulder and elbow. We can implore them that basketball is a physical game and football will help them be tougher on the court. But ultimately, it is there decision in consultation with their support group (family). Coaches need to quit forcing there concept of an overall athlete on kids. Coach the ones that show up, they are the ones that want to be there so you are better off with the ones that want to play, rather than the ones you force to play. And AD/HFC's please quit destroying other sports programs, just to win a a game or two on the gridiron.

Kid, boy, man, hombre, bro, homie...whatever you want to call em...nobody from New Diana is playing in the big leagues; you can take that to the bank

In today's college athletics grand scheme, the more athletic the kid is the better it is for him. I've had recruiter after recruiter tell me that if a kid specializes then he better be a specimen or the next Bryce Harper. They want kids that play multiple sports and not the ones that specialize in 1 and 1 only.

Here are a couple of thoughts...

1. Being a good man doesn't let you keep your job...its a business

2. The new AD obviously has a plan...trust the process and see what the results are in a couple of years

3. Changes needed to be made throughout the entire program

4. Baseball (which is the flag ship sport) hasn't won a district championship in a long time...maybe 4-5 years. 2nd or 3rd place finish in the district and then one and done doesn't constitute a dynasty. In the words of Ricky Bobby "if you aint first, your last"

5. Maybe the new AD doesn't like the baseball coach, maybe he doesn't like the color of his truck, or his dog or his wife...whatever the case may be, its his call.

Glad I'm not a Coach were a district can fire you based on dog, truck, wife. I know your being sarcastic but

Lotta lifes effected when a guy comes in and starts firing everybody. If my daughters had to change schools every few years because of this lifestyle that would be a sad situation.

Oldhornet, in a coaches first year at a school they can be let go for any reason. It's a crazy business that coaches choose to work in. Hope the coach the best in his future employment. This happens all the time. Not saying it is right, but it is the business

Oldhornet, in a coaches first year at a school they can be let go for any reason. It's a crazy business that coaches choose to work in. Hope the coach the best in his future employment. This happens all the time. Not saying it is right, but it is the business

this is true know a guy that the coach told him the kids loved him and he did great job, was all in and committed. Was there volunteering his time when no other coach would and he got the going in a "different direction" answer thought that was funny.