New Diana Hiring Thread

RETIREDFAN1

Yes capntmo, that is what I got when I called about it. I did hear some interesting things though about one of the Diana bigwigs having a private meeting Sunday afternoon with the supt about who he wanted. Thought it might go another way until then. I'll be glad to use Coplin come in and get things started for the fall though and wish the coaches and kids at New Diana the best.

Where is Coplin coming from?

Started Working at Marble Falls ISD July 2014 as Co-Offensive coordinator /WR Coach. Prior to his current position at Marble Falls, Coplin spent the previous five years at Lake Travis as the receivers coach. Before that, he was a member of Chad Morris’ staff in Stephenville. In all, Coplin has been a part of five state championship teams.

Started Working at Marble Falls ISD July 2014 as Co-Offensive coordinator /WR Coach. Prior to his current position at Marble Falls, Coplin spent the previous five years at Lake Travis as the receivers coach. Before that, he was a member of Chad Morris’ staff in Stephenville. In all, Coplin has been a part of five state championship teams.

Wow sounds like man that has learned from some really good people. Well if he is the man I wish him the best of luck.

Word on the street is a man wins the AD Head Football job after an 11 member committee, 4 student committee, principal, and a sup chooses the other finalist...... Makes you wonder what went down in a private meeting after church this weekend between a couple parents and the sup.

• Like 1

seriously??? come on people... this was as better hire than ND could have even hoped for. You're telling me that a guy with 5 state titles that WANTS to come to new diana high school of all places is not a blessing? Get outta here with that nonsense. This guy can flat out coach, and he will absolutely give ND it's best chance at righting the ship. His pedigree is second to none, he's a model citizen, a great family man, and is a Christian. Sounds terrible.

• Like 1

I'm telling you... the guy can flat out Coach, and he manages to do this without it being at the expense of character. Your kids will be put to work harder than they thought possible, but they will come out of it better young men for it. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about anyway, helping these young people find themselves and learn to earn their way in life. If that can be achieved, the wins will come.

• Like 2

I don't know if it matters but Waskom was 0-10 and brought in an assistant coach after a long search. He had to rebuild the entire program over and that included waiting to most of the losing attitude graduated from High School. He didn't start off to hot with 3 wins, then 5 and then 7 which he ended up having to forfeit. If this coach is worth his salt and I am hearing he is, given a chance and time to build good things might come New Diana's way. Good luck to New Diana and your new coach.... :)

I don't know who this big wig is....but according to salty1 and tree hugger he has:

1. Single handedly got the coach fired

2. He put the committee together

3. Manipulated an 11 person committee to get his guy to the finals.

4. Directed the school board to turf the field

5. Strong armed the Super to get his guy

6. Convinced the board to hire him

And when the dust all settles, ND has a Chad Morris disciple with 5 State Championships who is a quality person and by all accounts a great coach and a new turf field to boot.

This guy is either John Gotti or needs to run for Presidebt of the United States.

• Like 3

I live in Diana. Had a kid graduate afew years ago. Have a kiddo in middle school. I support our school and our community.

I hope and wish for the best in this AD/coaching hire. This is a great community, and our kids, parents, and supporters deserve the best.

• Like 1

I don't know who this big wig is....but according to salty1 and tree hugger he has:

1. Single handedly got the coach fired

2. He put the committee together

3. Manipulated an 11 person committee to get his guy to the finals.

4. Directed the school board to turf the field

5. Strong armed the Super to get his guy

6. Convinced the board to hire him

And when the dust all settles, ND has a Chad Morris disciple with 5 State Championships who is a quality person and by all accounts a great coach and a new turf field to boot.

This guy is either John Gotti or needs to run for Presidebt of the United States.

Word on the street.... The "Big Wig" that you're referring to wasn't the one in that had the "after church" meeting. Again, I didn't say the Coach selected couldn't coach. Just being told the one selected wasn't the ONE over the 3 months, 11 persons committee, 4 students panel, principal, and the sup.