Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

I heard that Rusk is using a search firm.....has this EVER worked out good for a school? Any word as far as who are front runners?

Rusk is an interesting place......IF they are using a search firm.....one of two things is going on...1. They are trying to get away from the "good ol boy system....this is them trying to get away from the old school system of "WE can hire better than the search firm...PLUS we "hear that Billy Bob" would do a good job"......2. They are trying to get someone that will "take them to the next level" and they want a "scapegoat" IF/WHEN that doesn't happen...just my take on this....SEARCH firms are expensive and when the taxpayers of Rusk find out they are using $$$$ on that and not on education of the children....might not be a pretty sight....

Rusk is an interesting place......IF they are using a search firm.....one of two things is going on...1. They are trying to get away from the "good ol boy system....this is them trying to get away from the old school system of "WE can hire better than the search firm...PLUS we "hear that Billy Bob" would do a good job"......2. They are trying to get someone that will "take them to the next level" and they want a "scapegoat" IF/WHEN that doesn't happen...just my take on this....SEARCH firms are expensive and when the taxpayers of Rusk find out they are using $$$$ on that and not on education of the children....might not be a pretty sight....

The people of Rusk already know that they are using a search firm and I'm not sure they are upset about the money as much as worried that a search firm has their "pool" that they always recycle and will not get someone who can come in and fix what is going on there. I agree that unless the search firm comes in and spends time talking to people and analyzes the situation that it is a waste.

I also agree that it gives everyone an "out" when it doesn't work out. I think Rusk is hoping they get a "big name" instead of a good coach. I would be willing to bet that the names the firm presents are recycled guys who have not had success at other places.

As a Rusk graduate, I hope that they nail this hire. They need to nail this hire before the program becomes a complete joke.

Just my two cents as someone who does not live there anymore.

The people of Rusk already know that they are using a search firm and I'm not sure they are upset about the money as much as worried that a search firm has their "pool" that they always recycle and will not get someone who can come in and fix what is going on there. I agree that unless the search firm comes in and spends time talking to people and analyzes the situation that it is a waste.

I also agree that it gives everyone an "out" when it doesn't work out. I think Rusk is hoping they get a "big name" instead of a good coach. I would be willing to bet that the names the firm presents are recycled guys who have not had success at other places.

As a Rusk graduate, I hope that they nail this hire. They need to nail this hire before the program becomes a complete joke.

Just my two cents as someone who does not live there anymore.

Uni....you are correct in the "pool"...problem with the "pool" is the same problem that Timpson got into with the "big city" boy going to DEEP EAST TEXAS....culture is WAY different...you wish there were some Doug Jordans....Larry Upshaws...or Bill McClunneys (29-20-1) in the mix but sadly probably not for Rusk...even a younger Coach Cavaness who was a "crusty cuss" would do....LOL

Playing Alto in my opinion is a lose lose situation for Rusk. Win and no one credits you because they're 2 classifications below you. Lose (which is what will happen) and now you've lost to a team 2 classifications below you! Whether it's Alto or not, 2A is 2A and 4A is 4A. Bad move, especially when you're not very good to begin with. It's one thing when the 2A wants to knock off the big dog. It's another thing when the 2A is the big dog. On the bright side, beat Huntington and you're in the playoffs.