Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Treehugger...whats your definition of "BIG THangs"?

And mooncity...do you know his current status at his current school?

I'm just trying to figure out why a coach at a larger school in the Greater Houston area, making over $98k a year would leave...especially if everything is going good and he's doing "BIG THangs"...hometown boy or not.

I have said it numerous times over the last month or so, Rusk has to get this hire right. They cannot afford to mess this thing up again.

As far as wanting to bring back the "hometown boy", also remember Rusk chose to use a search firm, which negates to some degree the sentiment of the Rusk alums. Truth be told, since they are using a firm, the people of Rusk have so say. The board could decide to bring this guy in and interview them after the fact, but the firm may not even care if the guy is from Rusk or not.

This is turning into a classic situation of people not knowing what is going on behind the scenes. Just let it play out.

And this topic must be important if the legend StillWatchin has made an appearance!!!!

• Like 1

I have said it numerous times over the last month or so, Rusk has to get this hire right. They cannot afford to mess this thing up again.

As far as wanting to bring back the "hometown boy", also remember Rusk chose to use a search firm, which negates to some degree the sentiment of the Rusk alums. Truth be told, since they are using a firm, the people of Rusk have so say. The board could decide to bring this guy in and interview them after the fact, but the firm may not even care if the guy is from Rusk or not.

This is turning into a classic situation of people not knowing what is going on behind the scenes. Just let it play out.

And this topic must be important if the legend StillWatchin has made an appearance!!!!

Hahaha, just living by the name...."StillWatchin"

Stillwatchin...all I know about his present school where he is HFC/Campus Coordinator is that they have been successful in football

during his time there...also there is a connection between him and one of the search firm dudes...and yes the alums will have some

influence in the final decision.

Stillwatchin...all I know about his present school where he is HFC/Campus Coordinator is that they have been successful in football

during his time there...also there is a connection between him and one of the search firm dudes...and yes the alums will have some

influence in the final decision.

I'm not so sure that the alums have ANY say in this situation. The superintendent (not an alum) hired the firm to do the search and the firm will recommend the three or so names to the board for interviews. Yes, the board has the power to ask others to be interviewed, but I'm not so sure that will happen.

I have not spoken to a single board member about this, but I would be willing to bet the superintendent is going to rely on the firm. That is just my guess, nothing factual.

I know a few of the board members and think they will do what they can do make the right hire.

Meanwhile, has anyone thought about the fact that if a potential coach is not a part of the firm's database that they may not be in the running? This whole search firm issue has gotten me thinking about how these firms work, and quite honestly, I'm not sure it brings you the best candidate, but brings you the best candidate that pays the firm to be a part of their database. Someone may tell me I'm wrong about that, but that is from the info I have received.

Either way, as a Rusk alum, I don't care who they hire as long as it is the right person.

Ouch, did the Interim AD make this decision? He scheduled a game two classes below him with a high probability that Rusk loses. Maybe a good decision for the travel budget, but not for the new Head Coach.

Rusk should be able to beat Alto they lost their D1 stud and from what I've heard they may be a little down next year plus Rusk has their Quarterback returning.

I will say if this matchup had happened the last two years Alto would have more than likely won pretty big.

Have been quiet for awhile...have read what has been said....know that back in the 80-90's Alto JV would play Rusk JV at OLD student field in Alto and it WAS A 3 RING CIRCUS...not on the field but in the stands and sidelines.....there were better blind side blocks among the fans than on the field....don't think times have changed much between the two towns....I believe that it's a lose lose----lose lose on BOTH SIDES....Rusk winning or losing.....OR Alto winning or losing.....Rusk winning against a 2A NOT a Poll climber...LOSE..WOW....what a downer....Alto beating a so-so to weak Rusk not a poll climber for them....LOSE to Rusk....bad for the towns relationships....just my "feeble" take on this situation

Have been quiet for awhile...have read what has been said....know that back in the 80-90's Alto JV would play Rusk JV at OLD student field in Alto and it WAS A 3 RING CIRCUS...not on the field but in the stands and sidelines.....there were better blind side blocks among the fans than on the field....don't think times have changed much between the two towns....I believe that it's a lose lose----lose lose on BOTH SIDES....Rusk winning or losing.....OR Alto winning or losing.....Rusk winning against a 2A NOT a Poll climber...LOSE..WOW....what a downer....Alto beating a so-so to weak Rusk not a poll climber for them....LOSE to Rusk....bad for the towns relationships....just my "feeble" take on this situation

I and many others agree. Maybe our fans can keep it civil.

In 1980 Alto was favored big...Rusk won a close game by 3 points at Musick Field in downtown Rusk..wild crowd that night...

In 1981 Rusk was favored big but lost big at Student Field in Alto...ugly scene on the field..fights and such..crowd was very wild...

Worth mentioning is this...Rusk coach Rick Largent had the eagles do all their pre-game warmups in Rusk..then bussed to Alto

right before the coin flip..this was Coach Largents last season in Rusk and 1981 is the last time the schools played each other in football..In 1982 Louis Caveness was the Rusk coach and he had

25 seniors that season...won the district Championship with a 33-8 win at Crockett...I still say a game with Alto is a no win for Rusk

In 1980 Alto was favored big...Rusk won a close game by 3 points at Musick Field in downtown Rusk..wild crowd that night...

In 1981 Rusk was favored big but lost big at Student Field in Alto...ugly scene on the field..fights and such..crowd was very wild...

Worth mentioning is this...Rusk coach Rick Largent had the eagles do all their pre-game warmups in Rusk..then bussed to Alto

right before the coin flip..this was Coach Largents last season in Rusk and 1981 is the last time the schools played each other in football..In 1982 Louis Caveness was the Rusk coach and he had

25 seniors that season...won the district Championship with a 33-8 win at Crockett...I still say a game with Alto is a no win for Rusk

Moon.....old Muscik Field was a "unique" field.....I do know that when Alto JV played them in 86(?)...had so many fights at Student Field among fans that Cherokee Sheriff Deputies carted 4-5 off for fighting....those two teams playing...you have uncles playing nephews and LOTS of cousins playing cousins.....Skinner/Green/Mitchell/Thacker/Johnson/Whitaker/Morgans/Sessions/Arrington/Glenn/Carter and their kinfolks...ALL COUSINS...enough for a WOW!!! family "reunion/encounter".....NO WIN FOR EITHER!!!!!