Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Listen.... we can agree to disagree on this issue. In the end......if the firm hired presents certain candidates to the board without doing their due justice (research) then the firm would imo lose all credibility.

If the firm presents certain candidates to the board WHILE doing due justice (don't have any idea what due justice refers to here) then the firm validates their own employment, thus validating their services, thus, ultimately increasing the likelihood they will again be hired.

Can you not see the built in motivation for the firm to do a great job here? They got into this business to make money. Why would they give a hoot in hell about agendas when their's is about making money and the best way to do that is to simply by doing what they are seemingly set up to do.

The town elected the school board to help make the decisions if the school board decides to allow the use of a search firm then that is what they deam is in the best interest of the school. If you don't like the decision then elect an new school board or better yet go out and vote for school board.

ah, Bignasty is like so many other folks out there. He's always got critical questions and "critiques" but offers no answers. He hasn't one time offered up what should have been done or what he himself would do.

He'll never run for school board to get in a position to make change b/c that would validate or invalidate his "critiques" and all his questions and he cannot risk BEING WRONG! This would demand he admit, "I made a mistake" and he's too weak for that. So many are.

It's the American way for the majority of those on the sidelines. They got, "after the fact" questions and are hind sight experts with criticism and complaints, but they never walk to the front of the line, sit in the big chair or ever lead by example in the manner of resolution or answers.

He's simply a critic

We are all critics.... heck your critical of my view. Sure the search firm has it in their best interest to do a good job because it validates the job they were hired to do. Just not a fan of the search firm process.....

Hey the firm may hit a home run with who they send to the supt for consideration. Hope they do in this case

Lots of good coaches on the Search firm......no argument on that fact.

Creasybear...just curiosity but out of the last 10 recommendations your firm has made, how many have been black coaches?

I'm not racist enough to know. Sorry, not wired that way. I only look at the merit of the coaches hired. Couldn't care less what color they were.

Sorry you are so distracted

bignasty ...... I am trying to find actual evidence of an urban legend. Do you have any information about the true identity of the infamous discus thrower from Garrison. Solving this mystery would allow us all to sleep better at night. Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm up for a Match........can do it at the airport on 7 mile Hill. I think I will still fit into my rassling tights..... Might wear a mask to conceal my identity...or protect those from my good looks... :)

Nasty...only problem with that is If either one of you slip would roll all the way down the mountain....and probably make the landscape look like a tornado hit up there!!!...hehehe...either that or slip and tumble thru the flower green house at the bottom of the hill!!!

I'm not racist enough to know. Sorry, not wired that way. I only look at the merit of the coaches hired. Couldn't care less what color they were.

Sorry you are so distracted

Yes, I agree with you. I am just distracted. I am sure you have no idea (means 0). You sound like a color blind guy...this world is truly lucky to have you. However, you seem a bit defensive reading your post.

Just got back on here to see two additional pages of comments on this topic (and some way inappropriate wrestling remarks regarding bignasty)...

Once again, I said originally I did know the details of how the firm works in regards to applicants. I had been told by a few coaches that they tend to use "their" coaches, who are a part of their database.

I have stated many times I hope whoever makes this hire makes the right choice.

I do agree that a school board is elected to make these decisions based on the needs of the district, and it is my opinion that using a firm does not do that. I think in THIS situation that hiring a firm was a copout in case they don't get it right.

I would rather them admit to making a mistake and holding on to that mistake for too many years and acknowledge they need to get this right than to hire a firm to exclude themselves from responsibility.

I have friends on this school board and think that they do a great job. But I do not agree with this decision specifically.

And it must also be mentioned, in regards to those who feel as if search firms do not use "their" coaches, their mission on their own website states that they assist coaches who are wanting to find jobs in Texas. So they do play both sides; helping a school get a coach and helping coaches get jobs.

I would assume that both sides are paying the firm. Schools pay to do a search and coaches pay for help getting a job. Once again I could be wrong, but that is how it appears.