Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Wrong - the board and supt decided to hire the firm. If the hire does not work out - it is the board and the supts fault. Not the firm. Had they not hired the firm, maybe things would have worked out. They can't deflect the blame.

If it works out - they get the credit for going out and hiring a head hunter firm to get them what they wanted and "By golly, it worked Jethro"

If it does not work - they get the blame for not hiring a good head coach THEMSELVES.

Be consistent guys.

Seems like there's lots of interest on the Rusk job. Like several of you have said, the hometown hero story sounds good, doesn't mean it is. Rusk needs to hire the best candidate, not just hire a local boy. My opinion on hiring the search firm, easy scapegoat for the Supt/School board. Someone asked about any hires recommended by Champions Consulting in the area, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is who Jacksonville used when Steve Wells was hired?

• Like 1

I publically am sorry for letting it slip. Can I get the same suspension for more "racist" talk?

well.....since YOU started it, I guess I can give you 3 days if you insist......:p

What's your stance on search firms colmesey?

I wouldn't want my tax dollars paying for one.......
  • Like 1

I am going to be consistent with my view on this Greasy.....

I don't agree with paying a firm to do the hiring or presenting of candidates to a Supt/Board.

Quite Ironic that a founder of the search firm has ties to one of the possible candidates........... networking at it's best going on here......

I am going to be consistent with my view on this Greasy.....

I don't agree with paying a firm to do the hiring or presenting of candidates to a Supt/Board.

Quite Ironic that a founder of the search firm has ties to one of the possible candidates........... networking at it's best going on here......

Well in all honesty in this business networking is what its all about. Most the time its about who you know not what you know.

How would it be any different than someone on the board bringing back hometown hero that he's known for 30 years?

How would it be any different than the supt hiring a former coach he used to coach with or had work for him in the past?

People will endorse what they have confidence in. It's what got us killed with Obama getting RE-elected. Had we had a stronger opponent run that was PROVEN in ways that encouraged us to believe, we would not have had so many people vote him back in the white house.

How would it be any different than you looking for a someone to do some work for you and you asking your dad - "Hey Pops....you know a good plumber? I got some work needs doing and I want it to be right. I need it to be within a specific price range, I need it done in a certain time frame and I need it done at a certain level - do you know a guy that fits THAT description?"

That's what you your board and supt are doing. They set a price range. The classification of your school is a limiting factor for the job. If it's a 1 year or 2 year contract - that too will be a limiting factor. How many coaches can this guy bring? Will he have administrative duties or classroom assignment? What all will this job entail? The board knows and the supt knows. They hand that over to the search firm. I guarantee you, this firm will find candidates or filter through resumes that fit this criteria FASTER and more efficiently than the supt or board. IT'S WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING!!!!! It is NOT what anyone on that school board is qualified to do AT ALL and the supt is not more qualified than the search firm.

I couldn't care less to be honest, I just feel it's healthy to have a back and forth of both sides so we can see if this thing is legit or not.

There was another school in this area just made a hire. Board and Supt made it. They hired a guy that was 5-55 in last 6 years. I promise you, a hiring firm would NEVER do that. It would destroy their credibility.

LOL.....not really nasty. I just think there should be a healthy "back and forth" to see what we all really think is OK and what is not.

You still haven't answered any of my questions asked in my last post.

I think you just wanted to gripe about and said you don't like it just off the cuff and on the surface. I don't think you really have a legitimate reason to NOT like it.

Me??? I could argue your point much better than you, but it would be no fun a'tal simply talking at meself!

I see your logic Creasy...just don't agree with using it in this situation.

Why - please be specific