Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Will the search firm be there for the next several years to support the newly selected coach? Or what if the new hire doesn't work out for some reason... will the search firm come in and handle the reassignment or non renewal of the coach? The answer is no. Those duties and responsibilities will fall on the superintendent. This is the number one reason I believe the superintendent should be the one to make the hires in these situations. Just my opinion. I know that some will argue the super is not always qualified... if this applies to your school I would recommend finding a super who is.

Will the search firm be there for the next several years to support the newly selected coach? Or what if the new hire doesn't work out for some reason... will the search firm come in and handle the reassignment or non renewal of the coach? The answer is no. Those duties and responsibilities will fall on the superintendent. This is the number one reason I believe the superintendent should be the one to make the hires in these situations. Just my opinion. I know that some will argue the super is not always qualified... if this applies to your school I would recommend finding a super who is.

The search firm is responsible for culling through the resumes, which I'm sure was well over 100 and deciding on an interview-able list of candidates. They basically narrow the search down into ta small list of candidates that meet the criteria set forth by the Superintendent. Then that small list is given to the Superintendent and he decides who to interview and who ultimately will go before the School Board. The search firm does not have the final say so in any hire.

I understand that. But they do go thru resumes that the board or Supt. will never see. Therefore , some good candidates may never see the interview room.

Just my opinion on the matter. Hey, they hired a search firm. Hope they make the right hire. Hope the homework is done on ALL candidates.

What you just said is that if a Superintendent of educational institutes known as Independent School Districts isn't qualified to search, take aps, interview and place a successful head coach, then we should all get new supts? Well my friend, the majority of the school districts in the state (as in MORE than not) would be looking for new supts every single year. While it's true, thanks to the watered down 4 teams get to go to the playoffs system, that more teams go to the playoffs than not, at least a 1/3 of those aren't even good teams.

The search firm is hired to find the best possible candidates for the Superintendent to interview and hire. The firm does not interview them, they do not hire them. They simply screen and provide the Supt and the Board with a list of however many they want to interview ALONG WITH any the Supt or Board just wants to interview.

In this case, Mr. Davis (Supt) (NOT THE FIRM) will make a recommendation, based on his own interviews and based on what he feels is the best possible

hire. It will then be approved or denied by the school board (NOT THE FIRM).

Did a little research for you guys too, since you all wanted to know so bad. On the firm's website, it says something to the affect of paying $100 to have your resume in their "Database" (for lack of better word). They replied back to me with "We don't do that anymore. If you would like to have your resume looked at and us make suggestions on how to improve it, we will for $25".......and then this next part - "WE ARE NOT A JOB PLACEMENT COMPANY. We are a search firm. We HAVE NO DATABASE of resumes"

So - again, kudos to Rusk ISD for hiring someone more qualified to search, screen and bring to them better applicants than they could have gotten themselves. The ADMIN of Rusk ISD still does the interviewing, recommendation for hire and approval for hire.

Still can't find a flaw in any of this. Sounds like small town hicks not in the loop just wanting to complain.

I understand that. But they do go thru resumes that the board or Supt. will never see. Therefore , some good candidates may never see the interview room.

Just my opinion on the matter. Hey, they hired a search firm. Hope they make the right hire. Hope the homework is done on ALL candidates.

You don't understand. What you are arguing is that if the search firm was NOT hired, then these "some good candidates" would get interviews. Therefore, you are arguing that the supt and school board are more qualified to screen potential AD and head football coaches than a group of Hall of Fame coaches that combine for over 100 years in this specific field AND who have everything from State Championship to Super Bowl Rings AND who combine for almost 1,000 wins.

The ability to do the "homework" is exponentially higher with the firm than it is with 7 people selected by the town of Rusk who none have ever been an AD or head football coach a day of their life.

What you are saying makes no sense...............YET - you'll continue to say it.........LOL

People are strange

Answer this question for me.................If you could pick ANYONE on the planet to comb through resumes and make a hire for a head football coach in Rusk Texas - who would it be?