Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Schools have been known to interview the local boys out of courtesy, and according to BigNastys riddle there are two local boys left. One being the lion from down south and the other being the Raider. The Traylor full of Buckeyes or the Purpe Bronco seem like two pretty good ones from an outsider's point of view. Rusk passed on a Traylor before, who has since won 3-4 Ships and currently coaching at UT so hopefully they learned something.

Schools have been known to interview the local boys out of courtesy, and according to BigNastys riddle there are two local boys left. One being the lion from down south and the other being the Raider. The Traylor full of Buckeyes or the Purpe Bronco seem like two pretty good ones from an outsider's point of view. Rusk passed on a Traylor before, who has since won 3-4 Ships and currently coaching at UT so hopefully they learned something.

You know what gets you to a "ship"? D1 athletes

Not going to argue the D1 comment, but don't tell me the coach doesn't make a difference. Do you know where the coach that they hired over Traylor is currently working? One is at UT, one just got promoted to AD at Grapeland.

You know, it's funny that you mention that, because Mahaffey and Patton both went to the "ship" before they came to Rusk, which would lead you to believe they are good coaches. You know what they both got in Rusk? Reassigned.

What does the enrollment #'s look like at Rusk going forward because I was told their current freshman class has about 230 in it alone. This could lead to 4a D1 next realignment and Rusk being placed with the likes of Carthage , Kilgore , Chapel Hill , ect. would be demoralizing to say the least.

I just hope for their sake they get a good guy. The sooner the better, whoever they hire needs to get his staff put together and get his off season program going. I'm with Nasty, there's no way Rusk has 230 kids in a class. 200 maybe, but the other classes shouldn't be big enough to make them D1.

Lots of Conception going on after the Super Bowl......atleast that is what the NFL commercial implied Sunday night...... I can attest it wasn't happening at my place of residence...:)

Maybe that is why the enrollment numbers are higher in the 9th grade classes.....lots of football fans in those groups of parents.

• Like 1

Well, Mahaffey won a Championship...not sure about Patton. As far as success in Rusk there is no comparison .... Mahaffey's record dominates Patton's

As far as "success" in Rusk, yes Mahffey's record was much better but he did have a better stable of athletes and a lesser level of competition. There hasn't been a FBS signee since Cody Glenn.