Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

As Uniballer stated, there are rumors swirling all over this place. From the ones I have heard, Rusk is going to be very, very disappointed. There were some great names in the hat when this thing got kicked off, doesnt sound like that's the case anymore. My sources tell me they're down to two, but I've heard a different two every time. Unfortunately, I don't see the Traylor being unhitched in Rusk for a very poor reason.

As Uniballer stated, there are rumors swirling all over this place. From the ones I have heard, Rusk is going to be very, very disappointed. There were some great names in the hat when this thing got kicked off, doesnt sound like that's the case anymore. My sources tell me they're down to two, but I've heard a different two every time. Unfortunately, I don't see the Traylor being unhitched in Rusk for a very poor reason.

You're exactly right...a very poor reason!! Let the process drag on.

Yeah, Rusk ISD's got some "splainin'" to do unless this goes in another direction (in my best Ricky Ricardo voice). If they really want a quality coach with a good track record as a program builder, they will have to accomodate and make adjustments. I just don't think the "powers that be" are willing to do that. So, they will get stuck with someone they may regret later on. Maybe they'll open it back up and try to give their 3rd & 4th choices a shot. Unfortunately for Rusk, that really sends up a red flag to those coaches.

This whole thing sounds like a cluster and handled fairly poorly. Its a shame this has taken this long to come to a conclusion. Unfortunately this is the common trend when it comes to hiring a coach school officials take to long. It is refreshing to watch a school that knows what they want and go get it no wasted time or energy. hopefully this come to a close soon.

Yeah, Rusk ISD's got some "splainin'" to do unless this goes in another direction (in my best Ricky Ricardo voice). If they really want a quality coach with a good track record as a program builder, they will have to accomodate and make adjustments. I just don't think the "powers that be" are willing to do that. So, they will get stuck with someone they may regret later on. Maybe they'll open it back up and try to give their 3rd & 4th choices a shot. Unfortunately for Rusk, that really sends up a red flag to those coaches.

I totally agree, while it will send off major red flags...it's still worth a try at this point to reach back out to the 3rd and 4th options. Hopefully, they told them nothing is set in stone so we may be reaching back out to you then again probably not.

Had a friend yesterday remind me what the definition of insanity was... Repeatedly doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

The kids in Rusk and the parents in Rusk deserve better than what is going on right now... Do I know everything going on behind the scenes? Of course not... But I am fairly well connected and know enough to know that Rusk could have a quality head coach but is not going to get the guy they wanted for stupid reasons...

If I was making the decision for Rusk, it would have been made a long time ago, and I have not hidden my thoughts from anyone... IF you REALLY want a winning program, not just football, but all sports, then go out and find someone who knows what it takes to win... Find a guy that has been a part of a successful program and do whatever it takes to get him...

I'm disappointed to know that they had that opportunity but have decided to settle on another option because they don't have to compromise what "we've always done"....

Well, what you've always done recently is lose... So if you have been losing, and you won't make a commitment to fixing it, guess what you will continue to do...

Oh, and by the way, you notice CreasyBear and his search firm have not been on this thread in a while... It's because they took the money from the school, then took the money from coaches who wanted the job, and then ran... And all Rusk will be left with is a mediocre coach...

Rant over.

• Like 1

Well dang....who did they have in mind? Who gets this job now? Was PT Coach really an option? Would be dumb not to bring him in with his Lake Travis offense....worked out well for PT this year.

Was Traylor an option? Would be dumb not to bring him in with his Gilmer offense and the way he has assisted in running that program.

Sounds like a mess.....good think I have Allstate insurance because this is MAYHEM!!!

• Like 1

Well dang....who did they have in mind? Who gets this job now? Was PT Coach really an option? Would be dumb not to bring him in with his Lake Travis offense....worked out well for PT this year.

Was Traylor an option? Would be dumb not to bring him in with his Gilmer offense and the way he has assisted in running that program.

Sounds like a mess.....good think I have Allstate insurance because this is MAYHEM!!!

Isn't hard to find the answers to most of your questions. I am not at liberty to post anything like that because I do not KNOW for sure, but there is a lot of rumors that are all aligned.

POSITION: Campus Athletic Coordinator - Head Football Coach LOCATION: Taylor High START DATE: 2015-2016 School Year JOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 02/24/2016 CLOSING DATE: 03/08/2016

What impact, if any, does this posting on the Alief ISD website have on Rusk?

Dear Rusk ISD....you get what you pay for...if we want a quality program we have to spend the money...

chances are you are not gonna luck into another Larry Upshaw...with the kids we have coming up get

us a quality coach otherwise we will be the same old win 2 games a season...go to Gilmer and pay the guy..

give his wife a job and let him bring his own people....or start over...Pirate dude is not the answer and no it is not Pine Tree.

• Like 2

Plus, it's way too early to tell a coach we can't find a spot for his wife. The school year isn't even over yet but teachers come and go every year. The school board shoud not accept that as an answer, that we can't find a job for a good coach's wife. If so, they need to be addressing the issue of who makes that decision....

• Like 1