Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

He's on campus today. Not sure if the town he came from has ever made the playoffs. Rusk has always catered to a marionette coach. Oh well, look at who's on the school board and who the superintendent is and it's not hard to see why athletics is a back burner sport.

So when are they going to announce it?

Spring Break is coming up....basically you got a staff running the show who likely have other jobs lined out that really may not care about the production of the kids....shame on Rusk ISD.

Unless......yall are waiting on Monday until the Dennis Alexander hearing is over and you are going after him. That is the only logical explanation for waiting this long.

So when are they going to announce it?

Spring Break is coming up....basically you got a staff running the show who likely have other jobs lined out that really may not care about the production of the kids....shame on Rusk ISD.

Unless......yall are waiting on Monday until the Dennis Alexander hearing is over and you are going after him. That is the only logical explanation for waiting this long.

Special meeting called for Monday nite at 6pm

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?mk=50191726&fn=notice.pdf

He's on campus today. Not sure if the town he came from has ever made the playoffs. Rusk has always catered to a marionette coach. Oh well, look at who's on the school board and who the superintendent is and it's not hard to see why athletics is a back burner sport.

Playing the mascot game on here looks like they were in the playoffs last year 8-3 and 6-5 playoff year before

Making the playoffs is not anything special anymore. Over half the state makes it. What do you do when you get there is what I want to know.

Perhaps the super and the search firm are smarter than the rest of us. I don't blame the board for this one, the buck stops at the top. This coach better work out, or the super may not be long for RISD. This guy didn't hire a hometown boy (which he shouldn't have) and angered that camp. Now he didn't hire the guy that all the football people wanted and angered that camp. The only friends he has left are... Well... I don't know who... Winning cures all, so we will see...

Ultimately while I completely disagree with the hire, it's about the kids. These kids deserve a chance to win and I hope they get it... Rusk needs to continue to support the kids and back them though whoever is coaching.... They have done that through the last 8 years and I'm sure will continue to do so....

I didn't even want to bring up the firm again because I get so mad about it... The super needs to be held accountable for the money wasted on the firm...

Taxpayers in rusk should demand to see if any candidates were considered that did not pay that firm on the coaches side to help find a job.... If they only recommended and interviewed coaches who paid the firm, then this whole thing is even more of a joke

Donald Trump will be recommended to the Board on Monday night. Heard he was in Houston Last night for an interview with Champions Search Firm at University of Houston Last Night. Saw it was on TV as well.....

Haha....He probably owns the search firm!

It doesn't take a search firm to know how many good coaches are available in East Texas....By God if you go after a coach, you've got a huge selection right here in East Texas....if indeed Keel is the pick for the head coach I hope he does well......but I think we can all agree that there are not many coaches better than what's here to offer in East Texas.

Good luck to Rusk....

Making the playoffs is not anything special anymore. Over half the state makes it. What do you do when you get there is what I want to know.

Perhaps the super and the search firm are smarter than the rest of us. I don't blame the board for this one, the buck stops at the top. This coach better work out, or the super may not be long for RISD. This guy didn't hire a hometown boy (which he shouldn't have) and angered that camp. Now he didn't hire the guy that all the football people wanted and angered that camp. The only friends he has left are... Well... I don't know who... Winning cures all, so we will see...

Ultimately while I completely disagree with the hire, it's about the kids. These kids deserve a chance to win and I hope they get it... Rusk needs to continue to support the kids and back them though whoever is coaching.... They have done that through the last 8 years and I'm sure will continue to do so....

You hit the nail on the head. But Rusk just hopes to make the playoffs. I agree with your point. But if you wanna make a deep playoff run you have to go after the coach to get you there. Not a school teacher that just his toes wet.

I think I'm gonna be sick...I know Shepherd made the playoffs this year and last...but one and done both years...

All Rusk has to do is beat one of Huntington, Diboll, or Tatum to make the playoffs and they are fully capable of beating all 3 of those.

In pre-district Malakoff and Madisonville are capable wins and we should beat Alto.