Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

All Rusk has to do is beat one of Huntington, Diboll, or Tatum to make the playoffs and they are fully capable of beating all 3 of those.

In pre-district Malakoff and Madisonville are capable wins and we should beat Alto.

If they are fully capable of beating Tatum, then they would be fully capable of beating Jasper. Don't let that 0-10 fool ya.

All Rusk has to do is beat one of Huntington, Diboll, or Tatum to make the playoffs and they are fully capable of beating all 3 of those.

In pre-district Malakoff and Madisonville are capable wins and we should beat Alto.

There's a good chance of y'all getting donkey stomped by Tatum & Alto, and they'll have less talent.

So you are saying that Chip Keel from Shepherd High School is the Lone Finalist?

http://shspiratepride.weebly.com/football.html

Interesting ... considering he's a Shepherd alumni ... must have nobody coming back to exit hometown ... however, I have lived close to both towns and Shepherd is not exactly a progressively-oriented community (so I would prefer Rusk, too) - although San Jacinto County has improved some since Humpy Parker moved along ... everybody I know who is somewhat familiar of this coach have nothing but good things to say about the type of person he is ... and Shepherd, unlike its neighbor Coldsping, does suffer from wild talent swings from year to year ... I know Shepherd is a very closed and frozen community and suffers from more than just the typical small town politics ... Rusk, not sure, but kinda sounds like it from what I'm seeing on this venue .... and surely with an athletic name like Chip, one could assume good vibes .....

And I'm not saying this guy won't do a good job. I don't know him from Adam. I'm just saying it seems like a waste that they needed a search firm for this hire.

Search firms are very useful when admin senses politics on the horizon (or, like more and more these days, Sup's ain't gotta clue about athletic programs ... the term we used in the old days of East Texas coaching was "a milktoast")

I think I'm gonna be sick...I know Shepherd made the playoffs this year and last...but one and done both years...

Also how have the other sports in Shepherd fared under this guy?

You are probably not going to get an answer to that question. They usually don't pay much attention to that when they are hiring. I asked a condidate whowas interviewed by the search firm if they ask him about other sports and he said they never mentioned it.

Greeeeat use of money to pay for the search firm...knocked it out of the park. Wow. If I were a Rusk local I'd be requesting a list of who applied with the open records act.

How can you blame the search firm? They presented the most qualified candidates. Just because the Board won't get Traylor's wife a job or pay Pine Trees coach what he is already making, none of that is the Firms fault. That is District leadership. Sounds like a Rusk problem to me.

• Like 1

In "Theory" and by design, the Search Firm is a great idea. However, as most things in life, the reality of the Search Firm has proven to not be a great idea. I argued early on about this Firm, it's advertised intent and the idea behind what they "sell" as being a great idea. I still believe that. However, as many here were skeptical early on and their skepticism has proven valid, this hiring, of this search firm, was indeed, a huge waste of money. It seemed to even slow the process down.

Someone here should know better than me, but didn't this job open in December? That alone is ridiculous.

Money drives the machine. Some of you guys were skeptical of this firm all along. You were right. It was a waste of time and money based on the final 2 weeks of the process. I also agree with the poster above - Rusk ISD has to own quite a bit of this.

• Like 1

How can you blame the search firm? They presented the most qualified candidates. Just because the Board won't get Traylor's wife a job or pay Pine Trees coach what he is already making, none of that is the Firms fault. That is District leadership. Sounds like a Rusk problem to me.

I'm not "blaming" them. I'm saying a search firm wasn't a necessity. It just used a lot of money. The guy from Shepherd, the PT guy and Traylor would have all been just as interested without a search firm. Just saying that was a lot of money to use to find people who would have applied anyway.

And you're right, it is Rusk's problem if they can't pay enough money or guarantee wives jobs. But again, they didn't need a search firm to find Traylor.

The search firm does however give the superintendent a nice out if this guy doesn't work ou. He can claim he didn't "find him/wasn't his guy" and some of the pressure is taken off him.

The search firm is a complete joke! They're on to their next job, laughing at the fact that they got one of "their boys" another gig at a school he probably shouldn't have gotten. I did see on his last records where he hasn't beaten Crockett, which Rusk hasn't done in the past couple years either. Was knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by Mexia and Fairfield in the past two years. With all that being said, it's not Keel's fault that he was given the job over anyone else so you have to give him a chance. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong and turns that program around.