Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Hey, Bignasty - how 'bout you & me get a bunch of coaches to send us their money so that we can take the school district's money too and leave 'em with an "also-ran"!? We get the cash going in & coming out and escape with our britches on because we'll leave it in the Superintendents' lap. "It ain't our fault, you hired the guy" will be our motto.....I wonder if they even looked at a single applicant who was not in their database. I know of two guys who applied and didn't get a sniff because they sent their paperwork to the Supt.'s office directly and didn't send it to the Search Firm. Never even got a call......smh

• Like 1

Hey, Bignasty - how 'bout you & me get a bunch of coaches to send us their money so that we can take the school district's money too and leave 'em with an "also-ran"!? We get the cash going in & coming out and escape with our britches on because we'll leave it in the Superintendents' lap. "It ain't our fault, you hired the guy" will be our motto.....I wonder if they even looked at a single applicant who was not in their database. I know of two guys who applied and didn't get a sniff because they sent their paperwork to the Supt.'s office directly and didn't send it to the Search Firm. Never even got a call......smh

I know a finalist who didn't get a call until he paid to be a client of the search firm. What. A. Joke.

There have been quite a few good points made in this thread of late...

First of all - I agree; you cannot blame this coach for how he performs in Rusk. If the guy wasn't "qualified" to take the job and not "qualified" to be successful, we should not be surprised when he is not successful. As a graduate, I hope he can turn it around, but the blame for this falls on the Superintendent. If things go south next season, I hope parents and fans don't sit in the stands and criticize the coach, I hope they go find the superintendent and ask him if he is satisfied with his hire.

Secondly - I am glad CreasyBear has come to his senses that the firm was a waste of money. Not only could they have the top candidates to apply without the firm, I believe there were more candidates better qualified that did not get a look because they are not a part of the database at Champions. Once again, this falls on the superintendent.

Lastly - If what I have heard is true (and I believe that MOST of it is true) it is frustrating that Rusk bent on many things much bigger than the one request they did not fulfill when it came to Traylor. Rusk had a chance to make a statement hire. A chance to show East Texas and the state they were committed to making this program better than ever. I feel instead they made a statement that they will sit in mediocrity and save money. If they go 5-5 the next few years, there is no need to wonder why.

I have spent many years investing in the youth of Rusk and will continue to do so. Many parents have done the same thing, I just wish that there was that same commitment from the head man.

I'm done talking about this (or at least I plan on being done) because I do not want to be perceived as being negative about Rusk athletics. Because my goal here is not to be negative about the athletic program, instead voice my frustration about this process. I have said many times those kids deserve the best opportunity to win, and while I don't always know best, I don't feel as if they are getting the best opportunity to win.

• Like 1

There have been quite a few good points made in this thread of late...

First of all - I agree; you cannot blame this coach for how he performs in Rusk. If the guy wasn't "qualified" to take the job and not "qualified" to be successful, we should not be surprised when he is not successful. As a graduate, I hope he can turn it around, but the blame for this falls on the Superintendent. If things go south next season, I hope parents and fans don't sit in the stands and criticize the coach, I hope they go find the superintendent and ask him if he is satisfied with his hire.

Secondly - I am glad CreasyBear has come to his senses that the firm was a waste of money. Not only could they have the top candidates to apply without the firm, I believe there were more candidates better qualified that did not get a look because they are not a part of the database at Champions. Once again, this falls on the superintendent.

Lastly - If what I have heard is true (and I believe that MOST of it is true) it is frustrating that Rusk bent on many things much bigger than the one request they did not fulfill when it came to Traylor. Rusk had a chance to make a statement hire. A chance to show East Texas and the state they were committed to making this program better than ever. I feel instead they made a statement that they will sit in mediocrity and save money. If they go 5-5 the next few years, there is no need to wonder why.

I have spent many years investing in the youth of Rusk and will continue to do so. Many parents have done the same thing, I just wish that there was that same commitment from the head man.

I'm done talking about this (or at least I plan on being done) because I do not want to be perceived as being negative about Rusk athletics. Because my goal here is not to be negative about the athletic program, instead voice my frustration about this process. I have said many times those kids deserve the best opportunity to win, and while I don't always know best, I don't feel as if they are getting the best opportunity to win.

+1000!

Wabbitt........... we need to put a plan together to do this Search Firm Thing. Of course...... we don't want to be the ordinary search firm. 1. No Hometown Favors ( just because a guy is a hometown boy he automatically gets an interview) 2. We will do research on all applicants and cull out those who cannot teach the young men/women of today morals.

On Coach Keel from Shepherd...... Why is he wanting to leave ? From all I am reading on another site.....Shepherd just lost a good senior class. Thought coaches are hired to develop the talent . Guess he didn't do that good of a job keeping the talent consistently coming season after season. Gilmer.....Lufkin.....Dayton.....coaches there are consistently in playoffs and winning year after year.

On Coach Keel from Shepherd...... Why is he wanting to leave ? From all I am reading on another site.....Shepherd just lost a good senior class. Thought coaches are hired to develop the talent . Guess he didn't do that good of a job keeping the talent consistently coming season after season. Gilmer.....Lufkin.....Dayton.....coaches there are consistently in playoffs and winning year after year.

I have known Coach Keel since he was in HS. He is a hard worker and I believe he will do a good job for Rusk and make the school and town proud. As for Gilmer, Lufkin, and Dayton, Shepherd is no where close to those towns in athletic ability and most likely never will be. With that said, there have been years where Dayton kids couldn't grab their butts with both hands, so I'm not sure they fit that mold either.

As for Coach Keel, he is not perfect, but I'm pretty sure none of us are, except maybe in our Mom's eyes. I believe this. If given the chance, Coach will have the kids strong, and they will play hard. Will everyone love him, probably not, but I'm sure there are those who wouldn't like Traylor either, had he accepted the job.

I agree....but that was 18-20 years ago.... they are doing something correct now my friend...

No doubt they are doing a lot of things right. And Hancock was a Stewart protege, so Rusk could have had a very good coach if they would have gone that route.

But give the ole Potato Chip a chance, maybe he will do great things in Eagle land.

1 - I agree this entire situation could have and should have been handled better

2 - Like the hiring of a hiring firm or not, some of you guys are under the impression that coaches pay to be a part of a database - This is all incorrect and totally fabricated information. There is not database. There is no fee associated with anything related to this firm from coaches for any reason what so ever. They will help you structure your resume for $25 dollars, but that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 - I agree this entire situation could have and should have been handled better

2 - Like the hiring of a hiring firm or not, some of you guys are under the impression that coaches pay to be a part of a database - This is all incorrect and totally fabricated information. There is not database. There is no fee associated with anything related to this firm from coaches for any reason what so ever. They will help you structure your resume for $25 dollars, but that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

All I can say is, there are candidates who did get interviews for this job that DID NOT get called about this job until they joined the firm. If they are lying, then okay, but that is straight from the mouth of coaches involved.

Your information is not true, even according to the Champions website. They ask coaches to "subscribe" to their site and services.

No doubt they are doing a lot of things right. And Hancock was a Stewart protege, so Rusk could have had a very good coach if they would have gone that route.

But give the ole Potato Chip a chance, maybe he will do great things in Eagle land.

Nope.

Please complete the information below to create your account. The email address you use must be a valid email address. Your account credentials will be sent to this email address. The cost is $100/year (annual subscription). You will be directed to the payment page after completing the form.

Straight from site.

All I can say is, there are candidates who did get interviews for this job that DID NOT get called about this job until they joined the firm. If they are lying, then okay, but that is straight from the mouth of coaches involved.

Your information is not true, even according to the Champions website. They ask coaches to "subscribe" to their site and services.

Uniballer, I called them to find out. They specifically said, "Yeah, we don't do that any more. If you want us to take a look at your resume, we'll do that for $25. However, if you are happy with yours, I wouldn't send it in for review"

This is the truth. There is not JOINING or subscribing to anything. Call them yourself.

Please complete the information below to create your account. The email address you use must be a valid email address. Your account credentials will be sent to this email address. The cost is $100/year (annual subscription). You will be directed to the payment page after completing the form.

Straight from site.

You too are correct,,,,,,HOWEVER - CALL THEM AND ASK! EMAIL THEM AND ASK

They did that at one time, have NOT updated their website and NO LONGER DO THIS!!!!

You guys think everything on the internet is fact huh????.......LOL Bonjour!

They did that at one time, have NOT updated their website and NO LONGER DO THIS!!!!

Here is the Question we all want to know..... do they only look at the coaches who pay to be part of the firm?

And just because they tell you that means it's not true? I'm telling you there is a coach who applied for this job who did not get a call until they joined and paid.