Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

You were lied to brother. How bout you guys stop making #### up and just call them, email them, or something. I have. THEY DO NOT DO THAT ANY LONGER!!!!! PERIOD

You guys are morons.........you want to believe something so bad so you have a case to cry foul about something that you'll just lie. Makes not sense.

Rusk hired a head hunter to find a coach.

The Head Hunter does not have a MEMBERSHIP OF ANY KIND FOR ANY REASON.

THERE IS NO DATABASE

All the Firm does guys is screen applications sent to them. They do not have "buddies" waiting in the stables ready to be raced.

They simply do what a supt or hiring committee made up of idiots at a local ISD would do. In this case, I can't say they did it any better than the local idiots could have done.

I AGREE - in this particular case - big time waste of money and seemingly time.

BUT - FACTS ARE FACTS - WHICH ARE

1. There is no database

2. There is no membership fee

Call them up or email them and tell them you are a coach, ready to spend $100 for a membership and send your resume. Get back with us and let us know what happened.

You too TNTCoach - #### you so old you should know you can't believe stuff like this.

So you called them and asked...surely they didn't lie to you, a random person calling them asking about having a database or not. They probably wouldn't lie about the fee.

But you think people who have actually know coaches using this firm and were given interviews based one whether or not they paid/paid for their resume to be looked at, whatever, are making stuff up or being lied to...

If you honestly don't think that they recycle/reuse the same coaches, you are in denial. Of course they do. Maybe they don't have an "offical database" they pull up, but there is a definitely a list they start with. They don't just wait to see who applies. Yes, they pull from the applicant list, but they have people they "encourage to apply". No doubt.

And being old doesn't have anything to do with it.

• Like 1

Playing Alto in my opinion is a lose lose situation for Rusk. Win and no one credits you because they're 2 classifications below you. Lose (which is what will happen) and now you've lost to a team 2 classifications below you! Whether it's Alto or not, 2A is 2A and 4A is 4A. Bad move, especially when you're not very good to begin with. It's one thing when the 2A wants to knock off the big dog. It's another thing when the 2A is the big dog. On the bright side, beat Huntington and you're in the playoffs.

JMO...this game was probably made cause it was tough finding another non district game or cause neither one of these teams is a scare of one another so play ball....

Not hard to prove you wrong on this one Creasy.... Go to the Champions Search Firm website.... Click on "Get Started", Accept the terms of subscription and then the very next page explains in clear writing that there is a $100 per year subscription fee for coaches....

And it even states that the subscription fee allows you to complete your profile and gain exposure among schools looking to fill positions.

That is all there for anyone, including you, to go read for yourself.

Obviously you are wrong.

He's saying it says it on there, but they don't make you pay anymore. But any business can get that off their website quickly if that's the case. That or they've just changed the terms in the last few days. Which would mean it was the case when Rusk was hiring.

And surely you are even smart enough to know that a company like Champions has updated their website. They don't just sit there and let their website show bad information.

Exactly

I just hope the Parents and players in Rusk give this coach a chance. I will tell you that he will work hard for the kids and they will in turn play hard for him. He is a good football mind and I truly believe he will improve Rusk Athletics. Some of you guys are beating him down before you ever get to know if he is the right fit. I understand that you guys didn't like the way they went about hiring him, but that isn't his fault. I also understand some of you guys have your favorite that you think should of gotten the job. All I am saying is give him a chance, see what he is about and then if he doesn't pan out, maybe then you can have a grip about the coach. I will tell you that Shepherd tried to keep him and did not want him to leave, that is from the School board on down thru the Supt., parents and players. So maybe just maybe he will make some of you go back on some of the thing that are being said.

It doesn't hurt he is bring District 8-4A Newcomer of the year (football) with him, oh and this kid is a extremely good baseball players also. He will improve both teams he plays on. Keel also has a girl that is in the 8th grade that is a very good softball player as well.

• Like 2

I just hope the Parents and players in Rusk give this coach a chance. I will tell you that he will work hard for the kids and they will in turn play hard for him. He is a good football mind and I truly believe he will improve Rusk Athletics. Some of you guys are beating him down before you ever get to know if he is the right fit. I understand that you guys didn't like the way they went about hiring him, but that isn't his fault. I also understand some of you guys have your favorite that you think should of gotten the job. All I am saying is give him a chance, see what he is about and then if he doesn't pan out, maybe then you can have a grip about the coach. I will tell you that Shepherd tried to keep him and did not want him to leave, that is from the School board on down thru the Supt., parents and players. So maybe just maybe he will make some of you go back on some of the thing that are being said.

It doesn't hurt he is bring District 8-4A Newcomer of the year (football) with him, oh and this kid is a extremely good baseball players also. He will improve both teams he plays on. Keel also has a girl that is in the 8th grade that is a very good softball player as well.

What he said!!

I agree that I was guilty of this problem at first as well.... I got so caught up in the process and feeling that they did not do the best they could do... With that said, the guy is the new coach and Rusk needs for him to do well.... I hope he does well and they get it straight...

My frustration was, and still is, the use of the firm and the waste of money...

I hope Coach Keel can get it fixed...

after watching some highlight of Trey; Rusk made a good hire.

What does the 2 for 1 have to do with the New AD, If I remember correctly the other AD was out the door anyways, so Rusk would of lost those two players not matter who they hired. Apples to Oranges.

Re-assigned or let go, it all ends the same. Do you think he was just going to stay there and teach? Not a chance, being re-assigned in this day and time as the same as being fired.

And my point was to sackem. Why is hiring a guy that has 1 good football player a good hire? Rusk just let go of a guy who had 2 good football players. Paper said the new guy is going to run the same offense and defense Patton and his staff were running and Rusk basically switched one defensive player for another on varsity. Assuming both did/will do the most with what they had/have, how is Rusk getting better?