Rusk AD search?

Goldmember

Another thing I don't get....what's in it for Keel? Shepherd is his home town. From posts above, they love him there. It's not a step up in classification for him. He has to move his family (5 kids!!). The money probably isn't that much better. He had several All State Athletes in Shepherd to work with. The only All State Athlete in Rusk last year was the previous AD's son. Again, what's in it for Keel?

I can't answer that question as to what is in it for Keel, he will have to answer that. But I will say the money was a lot better, I can promise you that. Shepherd is one of the lowest paying AD jobs in 4A.

I guess all I can say is, I do not think Shepherd ISD would of tried so hard to keep him if there was misconduct on campus. That is not something you should put out there unless you have really good proof. Rumor or not. This is a coach and his reputation that is starting to come into question on a rumor. Like him or not, like how he was hired or not, but do not put things like this out there. Wow at this point I am sure glad my kids don't go to Rusk.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Rusk playing all these smaller schools before district? Most smaller schools only have one sub varsity team and 1 team each of 8th and 7th grade. Rusk will be searching for games for either jv or freshmen team these weeks and the 7th and 8th b' teams. Rusk should be playing Bullard and Palestine instead of Alto and Crockett.

Why is Rusk playing all these smaller schools before district? Most smaller schools only have one sub varsity team and 1 team each of 8th and 7th grade. Rusk will be searching for games for either jv or freshmen team these weeks and the 7th and 8th b' teams. Rusk should be playing Bullard and Palestine instead of Alto and Crockett.

Maybe for a few wins?

• Like 1

I read this post earlier and have been trying to let it go but I just can't. I really like Coach Keel, as I have said on here before, I've known him for a long time. Does that mean that I have always agreed with everything he has done or said, hardly, but before I could bring up his personal life, and broadcast it for all to see, I would need to be real sure that I had no Sin in my life. The problem with people is, we see others sins as worse than ours, fact is, Sin is Sin, so unless I have no Sin in my life, I probably better leave those stones alone.

• Like 1

I read this post earlier and have been trying to let it go but I just can't. I really like Coach Keel, as I have said on here before, I've known him for a long time. Does that mean that I have always agreed with everything he has done or said, hardly, but before I could bring up his personal life, and broadcast it for all to see, I would need to be real sure that I had no Sin in my life. The problem with people is, we see others sins as worse than ours, fact is, Sin is Sin, so unless I have no Sin in my life, I probably better leave those stones alone.

jdb......surprised that Colmes hadn't come on here yet and quoted..."Those without sin cast the first stone"....

Kingfisher, spoken like so many from Shepherd. Is his personal life the business of anyone except Him and his wife? Nope it is not. Do I think Shepherd would have shunned him, no I do not. Do I think some of the town and yourself would of talked behind his back, then kissed his butt if you think it would get your kid or grandkid a leg up, yes I do. Same old Shepherd, everyone's business is your business, but don't put yours out there for everyone to see or you would get butt hurt. You just put things out there that his kids may see, I really hope you are proud of yourself. OH and before you start I am from Shepherd and live there now. Do I or will I agree with everything Chip has said or done, no I do not and will not, but he was a good Coach and he does have a really good family. Until your closets are clean don't try to clean some other persons.

• Like 2

I've corresponded with Kingfisher and 1-2 others on this thread.

Please, regardless of what you know, be aware of what you're posting. I've also spoken with Coach Keel...

I will let this thread continue, but the next person to get too personal is gone. And, regardless of what perfect life you might be living, put yourself in the cross hairs and most of you would melt.

I've made mistakes in my life, I'm damn sure not perfect, but my wife and I just celebrated our 34th Anniversary on Sunday. So, please, show some restraint.

Thank you.

• Like 3