District 9-3A (D-II)

t-dub

You might be correct but that's what they said about waskom last year and we all seen how that turned out. Went and watched Arp vs Lone Oak last year in Van and for 2 1/2 quarters was not impressed until they stopped Lone Oak on the 1 yard line and broke their will to play One of those games that the final score did not represent the game. But from the sounds of things they did better the next week against Waskom so could be a dog fight this year.

I anticipate Waskom being picked third again this year. With what Arp showed at the end of the year they will likely be first, then WR. Waskom's rebuild year is this year, in my mind. They will still be very competitive though, I think.

Waskom will be alright on the line but will have to break in a new QB IE Hughes or Carter and a complete set of running backs and receivers. We still have some speedy running backs that seen a little action but I am thinking the defense will be hard to replace what we lost. Losing Amie, Reason, & Keilion on defense will be hard to replace.

1. Waskom- RE-LOADED. Scary good. had 5 kids on the jv that are TALENTED, but were ineligible for this last season.

2. Arp- Great skill kids, but lacking offensive lineman

3. EF- lost a lot, but always seem to find new ones.

4a. West Rusk- lost everything. O line, skill, and not much on the jv or middle school

4b. Beckville is the wildcard. Graduated A LOT

4c. Troup- was young this past year and possibly be fighting for a playoff spot

4d. Harleton- know nothing about them other than lake o' the pines is a dang good fishing lake

• Like 1

1. Waskom- RE-LOADED. Scary good. had 5 kids on the jv that are TALENTED, but were ineligible for this last season.

2. Arp- Great skill kids, but lacking offensive lineman

3. EF- lost a lot, but always seem to find new ones.

4a. West Rusk- lost everything. O line, skill, and not much on the jv or middle school

4b. Beckville is the wildcard. Graduated A LOT

4c. Troup- was young this past year and possibly be fighting for a playoff spot

4d. Harleton- know nothing about them other than lake o' the pines is a dang good fishing lake

Just one small correction Waskom only had two that was ruled ineligible the other 3 played varsity as the UIL ruled them eligible

my bad.

There is a couple of young men to keep your eye on in the future Pacheco and Reeves, they will be very good on varsity next year and played during the playoff run some. Everyone for the most part will be youthful, I think Arp is the team to beat in our new district as they have a lot of returning talent

Just an FYI... West Rusk returns a lot of skill. We were 2 deep at every position this season. Our JV and MS focuses more on learning fundamentals over winning games so the scores do not reflect talent.

I know you lost the big back did you lose the QB also?

Waskom can play coy all they want but still not sleeping on them think they will win this district might not be able to take state but i believe the district is theirs.

Waskom lost all of their skilled position players for the most part and only returns the OL in tack minus the center. We do have some second line players but they saw limited action so it will be a wait and see how they do when the game is on the line. for the most part they came in under the game is are ready won situations last year.

Waskom lost all of their skilled position players for the most part and only returns the OL in tack minus the center. We do have some second line players but they saw limited action so it will be a wait and see how they do when the game is on the line. for the most part they came in under the game is are ready won situations last year.

That may be very true but just not impressed with Arp in any way and everyone is trying to just give them the district. They are very talented team but so undisciplined committing a ton of penalties that kill their drives till they get all that cleaned I can't pick them in a district with the defending state champs

That may be very true but just not impressed with Arp in any way and everyone is trying to just give them the district. They are very talented team but so undisciplined committing a ton of penalties that kill their drives till they get all that cleaned I can't pick them in a district with the defending state champs

Let me add this...not every penalty that is called in football is a legit penalty I saw so many ##### calls this yr its was ridiculous

Let me add this...not every penalty that is called in football is a legit penalty I saw so many ##### calls this yr its was ridiculous

I will agree on that for sure but false start penalties are hard to call bad calls especially with the rolling starts the running backs like to do at Arp.

Just one small correction Waskom only had two that was ruled ineligible the other 3 played varsity as the UIL ruled them eligible

I will correct one thing also, the LB that played JV this fall is still not eligible. Coach Keeling postponed the district hearing and finally never rescheduled it on his eligibility last fall. The district can make him sit 2 years if it is deemed he moved for athletic purposes. That hearing will still have to be held for him to be eligible for varsity competition this fall as the PAP form has never been approved by the district. UL has never ruled on him.

Not trying to stir anything up, but those are the facts as the situation sits today.

I will correct one thing also, the LB that played JV this fall is still not eligible. Coach Keeling postponed the district hearing and finally never rescheduled it on his eligibility last fall. The district can make him sit 2 years if it is deemed he moved for athletic purposes. That hearing will still have to be held for him to be eligible for varsity competition this fall as the PAP form has never been approved by the district. UL has never ruled on him.

Not trying to stir anything up, but those are the facts as the situation sits today.

He also has a brother who is a freshman. If he is not able to play that would be ashame for both of them.