District 11-2A (D-I)

SAWolfman

This really irks me!!!!! You guys are in a great district and will have a lot to talk about. West Sabines travel will be horrible and we r now in a district that Smoaky.com has little membership so very little football talk will be done this year concerning this district. I will know how the Alto members felt the past couple of years!!!! I HATE NOT BEING IN THE SAME DISTRICT SAN AUGUSTINE!!!!

This really irks me!!!!! You guys are in a great district and will have a lot to talk about. West Sabines travel will be horrible and we r now in a district that Smoaky.com has little membership so very little football talk will be done this year concerning this district. I will know how the Alto members felt the past couple of years!!!! I HATE NOT BEING IN THE SAME DISTRICT SAN AUGUSTINE!!!!

Weird isn't it?

Here's old Trueblue's take on this league. First of all, this ain't for the faint of heart. Just like District 10 last year, there's gonna be a dang good football team sitting at home in November.

1. San Augustine. They were just hitting their stride as last season wound down. They bring back ALL of their skill kids, and those kids can flat out fly. They have to replace a couple of good linemen, but once they put that puzzle together, look out.

2. Alto. They are always strong. I know they graduated one of the best athletes in the state, but I have no doubt there's more coming. It's Alto, after all.

3. Shelbyville. They probably lost the most talent of anyone in the district. Losing Burrell, Land, Metcalf, OR Jenkins would hurt anybody. They lost all four, and then some. But here's the thing: they had a bunch of young kids playing behind them, and everyone in their program got four extra weeks of practice under an excellent coaching staff. That goes a long way in developing players.

4. Joaquin. A couple of huge injuries left my team at home last year. If we can stay healthy, I see us breaking the streak of 5-5 seasons. We bring back a bunch of starters, and have some kids moving up from JV that will fill some holes.

5. Carlisle. Rocky will always have them Indians ready, and they'll win some games that no one expects them to. They could ruin someone's season.

6. Cushing. They graduated the best group they've had in twenty years, and that group couldn't get a W in the old District 10. Not gonna happen in this district either.

As always, the injury bug bite someone hard and cause lots of teeth gnashing.

• Like 1

Here's old Trueblue's take on this league. First of all, this ain't for the faint of heart. Just like District 10 last year, there's gonna be a dang good football team sitting at home in November.

1. San Augustine. They were just hitting their stride as last season wound down. They bring back ALL of their skill kids, and those kids can flat out fly. They have to replace a couple of good linemen, but once they put that puzzle together, look out.

2. Alto. They are always strong. I know they graduated one of the best athletes in the state, but I have no doubt there's more coming. It's Alto, after all.

3. Shelbyville. They probably lost the most talent of anyone in the district. Losing Burrell, Land, Metcalf, OR Jenkins would hurt anybody. They lost all four, and then some. But here's the thing: they had a bunch of young kids playing behind them, and everyone in their program got four extra weeks of practice under an excellent coaching staff. That goes a long way in developing players.

4. Joaquin. A couple of huge injuries left my team at home last year. If we can stay healthy, I see us breaking the streak of 5-5 seasons. We bring back a bunch of starters, and have some kids moving up from JV that will fill some holes.

5. Carlisle. Rocky will always have them Indians ready, and they'll win some games that no one expects them to. They could ruin someone's season.

6. Cushing. They graduated the best group they've had in twenty years, and that group couldn't get a W in the old District 10. Not gonna happen in this district either.

Sounds good , Alto will have a huge ? at QB position and replacing a good Right Tackle , other than that we return 3 OL a couple RB's and top 2 WR's.

On D' we have our Nose Guard back and a DE and 2/4 LB's and 2/4 Secondary. Have couple holes to fill.

Our non-district is killer as I posted it above.

I thin Carlisle graduated a lot but never count out Rocky's crew

This district gives the Refugio/Shiner district a run for it's money for being the toughest District in all of 2A. Should make for some great Friday nights. We faced San Augustine, Joaquin, & Alto this past season. All were extremely talented teams. San Augustine game came down to a last minute touchdown, Joaquin game was decided by an extra point, and the Alto game was decided on a last second 49 pointer...geez yall were talented. Excited to see how District 11 & 12 unfold. My initial predictions for this district:

1. Alto - It's hard to not pick these guys first. They don't rebuild, just reload. Plus it's not every day you have a freshman QB that rushes for 1,000 yards while backing up a D1 Athlete.

2. San Augustine - Extremely talented and young. QB & RB will be Jr's and they had one of the fastest Jr. High teams I have ever seen. Plus, everyone get's better in year 2 of a new coach.

3. Shelbyville - Losing Burrell is tough, but they have plenty of talent coming back.

4. Joaquin - Very physical team. Did not make the Thursday night trip to Joaquin, but they handled our Jr. High's and JV easily. Young and physical is always a good sign.

5. Price Carlisle - Don't know too much about them. By the looks of MaxPreps their non-district looked extremely easy and it looks that they are graduating a lot.

6. Cushing - God bless your soul.

Man what a hard district to play in. There will be lots.of hard hitting and with both alto and sa there will be tons of speed. Its going to be lots of fun on fridays

Yeah Carlisle schedule was easy, starts that way ever year with people that don't play us often... Jus giving a heads up, we may have one of the best rb in the dist this year... Js. And our qb may impress some. If Rocky's line comes together, we'll hold our own. We grad 15 seniors last year. The line is the key tho..