District 11-2A (D-I)

SAWolfman

The refs for that game came back to SA weeks later and said we were 10 times better than what we were that game. Our screen defense is a lot better and that is all Groveton has!

Groveton threw the screen a lot against SA because that's what was available. Two weeks later, they were chunking it downfield against tight man coverage. They have three good receivers coming back, including one who looks an awful lot like SA's two guys from 2013. He's big, he's fast, and he's got ups. Groveton/ SA will be fun to watch.

The refs for that game came back to SA weeks later and said we were 10 times better than what we were that game. Our screen defense is a lot better and that is all Groveton has!

That's like saying SA only has 1 play and that's throwing the ball to #25 when he's disguised as the tackle because yall scored 3 times on that. Come on, it was open because we weren't disciplined enough to cover it, as were yall with our screens. A QB doesn't throw for over 4,000 yards (500+ on SA) on only screens. Also, I only remember Groveton scoring once on a screen and it was on 4th down. Where'd the other 6 scores come from? SA isn't the only team in Texas that improves as the season goes on.

That's like saying SA only has 1 play and that's throwing the ball to #25 when he's disguised as the tackle because yall scored 3 times on that. Come on, it was open because we weren't disciplined enough to cover it, as were yall with our screens. A QB doesn't throw for over 4,000 yards (500+ on SA) on only screens. Also, I only remember Groveton scoring once on a screen and it was on 4th down. Where'd the other 6 scores come from? SA isn't the only team in Texas that improves as the season goes on.

I thought we were the only ones.. who knew? I don't really remember specifics...just a ton of screens. Also remember Groveton couldn't run the ball. SA was pretty much a jv team...most all of the skill positions were Sophomores. If I remember correctly KJ had almost 400 yards rushing that game. I need to go look at the stats again!

I thought we were the only ones.. who knew? I don't really remember specifics...just a ton of screens. Also remember Groveton couldn't run the ball. SA was pretty much a jv team...most all of the skill positions were Sophomores. If I remember correctly KJ had almost 400 yards rushing that game. I need to go look at the stats again!

When we played Groveton I believe we sacked them more times in the playoff game than they had been all season , or at least that was what I was told. I know we showed multiple looks up front and brought blitzes from all over the place against them.

When we played Groveton I believe we sacked them more times in the playoff game than they had been all season , or at least that was what I was told. I know we showed multiple looks up front and brought blitzes from all over the place against them.

They can put up all of yardage they wont but they give up the same amount on the other side of the ball! SA had the same problem til the later part of the season!

Somebody in this district gonna have their feelings hurt come playoff time. Carlisle may have graduated 17 srs. but Rocky's a damn good coach and all you guys except maybe SA know what it's like to go play in Rocky's back yard better get ready for a 48 minute street fight.

Red, them boys know they playing murderers row this year in dist. And Rocky's already up in their grill, we got speed and recievers, and good young qbs... It's all in that line tho... Hero or zero... It'll all happen from there. Tale of the tape...

True , glad we got 3 OL back and our Nose Guard and #54 next to him are back up front as well.

• Like 1

San Augustine is LOADED with young athletes. They will be hard to beat over the course of the next few years. I'm not saying they will win this district but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Sa always has atheletes. I see them as being tough to beat on a regular basis. You will definately have to bring it every Friday night.

• 3 months later...

This district gives the Refugio/Shiner district a run for it's money for being the toughest District in all of 2A. Should make for some great Friday nights. We faced San Augustine, Joaquin, & Alto this past season. All were extremely talented teams. San Augustine game came down to a last minute touchdown, Joaquin game was decided by an extra point, and the Alto game was decided on a last second 49 pointer...geez yall were talented. Excited to see how District 11 & 12 unfold. My initial predictions for this district:

1. Alto - It's hard to not pick these guys first. They don't rebuild, just reload. Plus it's not every day you have a freshman QB that rushes for 1,000 yards while backing up a D1 Athlete.

2. San Augustine - Extremely talented and young. QB & RB will be Jr's and they had one of the fastest Jr. High teams I have ever seen. Plus, everyone get's better in year 2 of a new coach.

3. Shelbyville - Losing Burrell is tough, but they have plenty of talent coming back.

4. Joaquin - Very physical team. Did not make the Thursday night trip to Joaquin, but they handled our Jr. High's and JV easily. Young and physical is always a good sign.

5. Price Carlisle - Don't know too much about them. By the looks of MaxPreps their non-district looked extremely easy and it looks that they are graduating a lot.

6. Cushing - God bless your soul.

PC graduated 14 SR off last year squad...it'll be interesting to see who comes in...

SA is gonna have to toughen up. I thought their d-line and linebackers played well but the secondary was soft. I can remember 1 db that was fairly consistent but the rest were pretty poor tacklers.

Considering most of our players were Sophomores they will all toughen up. The one you referred to be decent was our freshmen db. KJ Davis is going to have a heck of a season!

If he has to start a bunch of freshmen, Rocky will get them to play their butts off every week.

Tru, we will have some freakish speed this year all over the field. Literally it will come down to whether rocky can gell some linemen by dist. If he can and I'm betting he can by what I know of those kids, we will be in the mix next year. But if the injury bug bites then we could be in deep poo.. Hell if nothing else It'll be interesting to watch. We got a couple fine qb's that may make some noise too.

Only new ones are you...everyone else know each other from the past 4 years!

Actually, they've been in a district with Alto the past two years. Before that, they were in a district with us, and played Shelbyville in non-district. The only program they don't have a history of facing is SA. But don't think Carlisle is going to be a cakewalk.

Actually, they've been in a district with Alto the past two years. Before that, they were in a district with us, and played Shelbyville in non-district. The only program they don't have a history of facing is SA. But don't think Carlisle is going to be a cakewalk.

I dont think they will be either.