Nevada Community Open

supermaroon

Long as whoever gets it is black thats all you care about right bama?

LOL that seems to be his mind set on any job. And nope I have not applied for any of these jobs I'm not even a certified teacher bud got a year left then that would be awesome to be a head coach coming out of college.

Long as whoever gets it is black thats all you care about right bama?

That isnt all I care about but I do agree that there is a serious shortage of black head coaches.

LOL that seems to be his mind set on any job. And nope I have not applied for any of these jobs I'm not even a certified teacher bud got a year left then that would be awesome to be a head coach coming out of college.

Try to do your student teaching with Kerry Strong. That will take you wherever you want to go.

Usually not good when both coordinators go for it. There are always exceptions, but it usually just divides the staff and administration and they go in a different direction.

Well the OC was relieved of his duty prior to the HC leaving, so I am sure the OC really don't have a shot.

Well the OC was relieved of his duty prior to the HC leaving, so I am sure the OC really don't have a shot.

Talked with a guy that went to school at Community and he said there is a lot more to that story then was released to the public so don't count him out just yet. Does anyone know if any outside candidates applied and when they plan on starting interviews?

• 2 weeks later...

That isnt all I care about but I do agree that there is a serious shortage of black head coaches.

Try to do your student teaching with Kerry Strong. That will take you wherever you want to go.

Man I would be very careful doing anything with Kerry Strong. Might take you places you never dreamed of going.

I think we've come a long way with the hiring of minority coaches in this state period....is it perfect? Not in the least.....but 10 years ago it was rare for a black HC to be anywhere but the inner city and unless it was El Paso or the Valley Hispanic coaches had a hard time getting jobs...this subject came up at a coaches clinic recently and after researching I found that now there are over 100 head coaches in the state of Texas that are black...I was told 10 years ago there were less than 50...

• 2 weeks later...