UIL NRG vs AT&T

gamewatcher63

Par of me says they should rotate it. Part of me says no.

If the SA and Houston areas refuse to show up and support the party like North Texas does..... then so be it. Let it be in Dallas every year.

However... I still think the attendance would have been better last year had we seen more of the mainstays in the title games instead of a bunch of newbie schools that have very small alumni and fan bases because they didn't even exist 10 years ago.

It was a perfect storm for an attendance disaster.

Let Houston have it again... and hope for the Allens, Trinities, and Judsons to get there. I bet attendance would be more in line with what you see in Dallas.

If not.... let Dallas have it permanently.

We're going to complain about this until hell freezes I see.

Rotate the games and make DFW people get off their rear ends and travel just like the rest of the state does. UIL will make revenue regardless of where it's played.

We're going to complain about this until hell freezes I see.

Rotate the games and make DFW people get off their rear ends and travel just lIke the rest of the state does. UIL will make revenue regardless of where it's played.

Obviously not, since the article says there was a net loss...

Obviously not, since the article says there was a net loss...

Net loss compared to AT&T Stadium.

UIL did not "lose" money as you interpreted. They simply didn't get as much. They're definitely not hurting for money.

Revenue would still be made whether it's AT&T, NRG or Alamo. There would be a difference in money...but money non the less. I just hate how it's not about the kids at all, it's ALL about money.

Only thing I don't understand is why NRG would charge that much. It's too much money sucking leaches in this world.

Par of me says they should rotate it. Part of me says no.

If the SA and Houston areas refuse to show up and support the party like North Texas does..... then so be it. Let it be in Dallas every year.

However... I still think the attendance would have been better last year had we seen more of the mainstays in the title games instead of a bunch of newbie schools that have very small alumni and fan bases because they didn't even exist 10 years ago.

It was a perfect storm for an attendance disaster.

Let Houston have it again... and hope for the Allens, Trinities, and Judsons to get there. I bet attendance would be more in line with what you see in Dallas.

If not.... let Dallas have it permanently.

I couldn't disagree more. I love it when schools get there for the first time. If the perennial powerhouse schools make it, that's fine too, but I for one get tired of seeing the same schools there year in and year out ....

I couldn't disagree more. I love it when schools get there for the first time. If the perennial powerhouse schools make it, that's fine too, but I for one get tired of seeing the same schools there year in and year out ....

I partially agree with you. I would love to see some long-suffering programs finally win that elusive title. But it appeared to me having a bunch of newbie schools quelled not only attendance..... but excitement.

I don't mind seeing schools win their first title..... or their first in a long time. But seeing schools that haven't even existed a decade playing for state championships was a big yawn for me..... and apparently the rest of the state.

JMHO.

^ I think we get our priorities mixed up. Should it be about fans like us who love to watch, or the schools that are participating? I'll bet all those "newbie" schools would disagree with you about their enthusiasm. It's shouldn't be about us, it's suppose to be about them and their experience. But back on topic. NRG is nowhere near the attraction that AT&T is and the AlamoDome probably won't be either.

I don't usually agree with Kirk, but who cares if it's the first or tenth time a school plays for the championship. Who cares if the UIL makes money, they threat coaches and schools like we work for them, and they really work for us. Why should the DFW schools have the home field advantage every year. One site for the State games only help the people who are watching for the sake of just watching, they don't really care who wins or loses. In the Old days schools played neutral sites that were best for their fan base. When you play in Dallas or Houston or SA every year it keeps some parents that are less fortunate from attending and watching their kids play in the greatest game of their life. I just wonder how much money each school makes from a State game played in Jerry's world or NGR. Bottom line, the game is for the kids and their family and school, not for all the people that just want to watch. Just like THSCA school not being in Houston for 10 or 12 years, the largest region, with the most coaches is Reg.3, why was it not rotated like it was for 20 something years from Houston to Dallas back to Houston, back to Fort Worth, Money! Indoor facilities are great for the fans and the passing games, but what about the grind it out Wing T, I formation teams. Those teams had to play in all conditions to get to get to the State game, if they win the toss, play where they want.

I'm not quite sure I get your point about the wing T and I formation teams should play where they want. Spread teams endure the same weather conditions as those other schools did as well.

A run base offensive is not effected by weather as much as a passing offense, or thats what my 34 years of coaching has lead me to believe.