Navasota School Board loses its mind

whousecats

I'm reading his contract doesn't end till 2017. Probably going to give him his extension at the next meeting. Had some other contracts that were up this year to renew first.

The big question will be is the bridge already burnt?

You are right, they could still give him one at the next meeting. But what you're saying is a little off. They didn't just give the others theirs first, and not bring his up. It was on the agenda, one motioned to renew and no one else seconded it. It's not like they can only give a certain number extensions at a time.

I won't be surprised with all the backlash from the community if they approve it at the next meeting, but if I was Fedora and knew I didn't have the full support of the board, I would be looking at other options.

You are right, they could still give him one at the next meeting. But what you're saying is a little off. They didn't just give the others theirs first, and not bring his up. It was on the agenda, one motioned to renew and no one else seconded it. It's not like they can only give a certain number extensions at a time.

I won't be surprised with all the backlash from the community if they approve it at the next meeting, but if I was Fedora and knew I didn't have the full support of the board, I would be looking at other options.

It's hard for a coach to have full support of the board. He needs the majority and the sups. support. Don't know if this is the case in Sota but a lot of times the football coach can act like he is the "king" in town. This rubs some the wrong way. We had it happen here several years back and they sent him packing.