Navasota School Board loses its mind

whousecats

And sometimes "acting like a King" means doing things like going to Church or the wrong Church. I had the nerve to attend the FBC in a town and that rubbed some people the wrong way. They did not like someone "not from there" coming to their Church. I knew an AD who got fired for attending the local Baptist Church instead the Church of Christ. I have known an AD who got fired because he did not go to the Catholic Church. I know a HC who got fired because he was seen in a local cafe with his family and he was wearing a "UT" cap and that ticked off a couple of Board Members because they were Aggies.

And I can give examples of even more stupid crud than that.

For every example you can give me of a HC "acting too big for his britches" I can give you twenty examples of Coaches who got fired because some small town people with small little brains had nothing better to do.

• Like 3

And sometimes "acting like a King" means doing things like going to Church or the wrong Church. I had the nerve to attend the FBC in a town and that rubbed some people the wrong way. They did not like someone "not from there" coming to their Church. I knew an AD who got fired for attending the local Baptist Church instead the Church of Christ. I have known an AD who got fired because he did not go to the Catholic Church. I know a HC who got fired because he was seen in a local cafe with his family and he was wearing a "UT" cap and that ticked off a couple of Board Members because they were Aggies.

For every example you can give me of a HC "acting too big for his britches" I can give you twenty examples of Coaches who got fired because some small town people with small little brains had nothing better to do.

And you must have been on the board of all those firings then!!

And you must have been on the board of all those firings then!!

I would rather be called a Democrat. And if that is your best shot at trying to be witty or insulting, you might want to hop back on your short bus and start licking the window again. You obviously missed a spot or two your first go round.

See you forget something, the undeniable truth is that any ANY small town there are NO secrets.

And I did not come on this thread and make asinine speculations about a good man who is a GREAT Coach and has done a GREAT job for his community.

I would rather be called a Democrat. And if that is your best shot at trying to be witty or insulting, you might want to hop back on your short bus and start licking the window again. You obviously missed a spot or two your first go round.

See you forget something, the undeniable truth is that any ANY small town there are NO secrets.

Tatum kept a pretty good secret...lol

I come from a School Family. My Grandfather was a Coach and Sup for years. My Mom is a retired Teacher. My Dad's dad was on the School Board for years. While he was otherwise an incredible and successful man who i have no doubt is sitting at the Lord's feet right now, I look back at some things he said back in the day that make me cringe now about how they felt absolutely NO guilt at ruining the lives of good Coaches and their families just because someone he grew up with was unhappy about their kid not being QB or not being All District.

• Like 1

Agree and walking around beating your chest.

They kept it for a short time. Everyone in the State of Texas who keeps up with this stuff is laughing at them right now for the way they handled their situation.

The secret was kept very well. Lots of people released the wrong name early yes, but not Tatum people. And it wasn't our board that handled things poorly. I don't think people will be laughing long.

And I did not come on this thread and make asinine speculations about a good man who is a GREAT Coach and has done a GREAT job for his community.

Wo wo wo there William. I would rather be called a Democrat too...because I am one. If you were as wise as you think you are, you would be one too. Hilary or Bernie...two good choices but Hilary is next in line.

Wo wo wo there William. I would rather be called a Democrat too...because I am one. If you were as wise as you think you are, you would be one too. Hilary or Bernie...two good choices but Hilary is next in line.

jdzS63f.gif

most of the Smoaky members reading this post ^

• Like 1

Solomon tells us in Proverbs that a fool is right in his own eyes....He must have had a premonition of you..... :P

• Like 1

Wow slow down I was asking a question but in a statement. For you to know all of that information just sounds kind of skeptical to ME... I could careless if you were or weren't but how you came back with your reply kind of answered it for me a little defensive wouldn't you say???

Wow slow down I was asking a question but in a statement. For you to know all of that information just sounds kind of skeptical to ME... I could careless if you were or weren't but how you came back with your reply kind of answered it for me a little defensive wouldn't you say???

And your the one who obviously knows about short buses Sweet Lips!!!!

• 2 weeks later...