2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

Opening day was today for most teams. A&M got a win over Hofstra 5-2. Boomer White hit a HR in his first at bat as an Aggie and JB Moss tripled twice. The pitching staff looked really good as well. Good win. We'll see how the rest of the rotation holds up.

LSU came back twice against Cincinnati in extra innings to win the game. Good win for them.

I dont know man, the SEC is stacked this year as they are every year.

Did you see the clip of the LSU catcher last night? Major case of the yips. Had a hard time getting the ball back to the pitcher. He double,triple and quadruple pumped before he could let go of it. Poor guy. I hope he gets it solved.

Nice to see them bounce back. The one thing I've noticed about Texas in baseball is that they usually need some time to get things going. They routinely lose early season games and series to teams that make me scratch my head, but come tournament time, they're usually always competing for a trip to Omaha.

A&M should be really good this year. If they stay healthy they should make it to the CWS.

Our starting rotation is shaky/unknown. We lost Stubblefield, who would've anchored our staff, just before the season....Again. Corbin Martin got the win today and only allowed 3 runs, but he got into some trouble (some would say because the umpires zone got mysteriously small for that one half inning) but at the end of the day, he was able to go 5 innings and get some big strikeouts when he needed them.

Tyler Ivey, a freshman, is expected to start tomorrow. We'll see what he can do. This IS Hofstra (who aren't a bad team, actually... I've been impressed with them until the wheels fell off today) and we'll see much better pitching and hitting in the SEC. Just something to remember. Can't get ahead of ourselves despite the 5 HRs in 2 games with many more extra base hits.

Did you see the clip of the LSU catcher last night? Major case of the yips. Had a hard time getting the ball back to the pitcher. He double,triple and quadruple pumped before he could let go of it. Poor guy. I hope he gets it solved.

I have a hard time watching college baseball until college basketball is over for LSU. Quite frankly, LSU will get a bid unless they completely fall apart in conference play. So the non-conference stuff is really just teams trying to find their groove.

SFA 5 - #7 Oklahoma State 4 (10 innings)

Game was tied 1-1 in the ninth. SFA had bases loaded with nobody out and couldn't score.

Oklahoma State scored 3 in the top of the 10th before SFA ran off 4 straight in the bottom of the inning for the walk-off.

SFA will look to end the weekend 3-1 with a finale against UT-Arlington in a little while. A win would give SFA the classic title.

Rough weekend for #7 OSU as they go 2-2 with losses to SFA and UT-A.

They do. 6:30 in College Station. Any idea who gets the ball for the Aggies?

I've heard that it'll be Jace Vines, a Sophomore who transferred in from TJC.

He's another big question mark for the Ags, although the freshman Ivy showed very well today. SFA always plays us very tough, though, aside from a year or two in recent memory. Should be a good game.

Yup. If I wasn't taking kids to State competition this weekend, I would be there. Always wanted to see Blue Bell. Plus I have a few former students at A&M that like to give me a hard time over SFA.

You ever wanna go to a game/tickets, lemme know.

After what I saw this weekend and depending on what Vines shows us this week, I'm kind of expecting Simmonds back in the pen and one of the younger arms like Hill or Vines step up into a weekend starter. Simmonds just doesn't have ace stuff. He's a Sunday starter/innings eater at best.