2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

I've heard that it'll be Jace Vines, a Sophomore who transferred in from TJC.

He's another big question mark for the Ags, although the freshman Ivy showed very well today. SFA always plays us very tough, though, aside from a year or two in recent memory. Should be a good game.

You ever wanna go to a game/tickets, lemme know.

I saw Vines throw at TJC. Big frame kid with good stuff the night I saw him. I still think the Aggies will bludgeon people early while their staff gets experience. At the end of the season, their staff won't be youngsters anymore. Even without Stubblefield, I still like them to go to Omaha.

I saw Vines throw at TJC. Big frame kid with good stuff the night I saw him. I still think the Aggies will bludgeon people early while their staff gets experience. At the end of the season, their staff won't be youngsters anymore. Even without Stubblefield, I still like them to go to Omaha.

I'd like to think so. We have a great staff of relievers who are all seasoned throwers. And so far, a lot of power in the lineup who are smashing extra base hits.

And yeah, last year we lost our two best early in the season/before the season so our Sunday guy was then our Friday guy. All of them rose to the occasion, though. I'd like to think Coach Childress is a big part of that.

LOL... LSU has exactly 2 away games before non-conference starts. 1 vs Lamar in Beaumont and the other at Nicholls St. I think both of these teams stole a game from LSU last season.

That's not uncommon for baseball teams, especially for high-grossing teams like LSU.

Why would LSU play away games against teams who MAY bring 1,000 people to games when they could play at home and bring in the revenue of 9,000-10,000 fans? It's all about money, and LSU maximizes that by playing at home as much as they can.

Well, power 5 isn't a thing in baseball. There are tons of good teams who aren't in "power 5" conferences.

For example, we're going to Pepperdine this weekend. I'm a-okay with that- they're a decent enough team, and just look at their stadium:

Pdine-EddyFieldStadium.jpg

Oh I know there isn't a power 5 in baseball, i just mean the equivalent lol. I don't want to go play 3 games at Dallas baptist, regardless of how good their team is. I would like to see the Ags go play UCLA, USC, Virginia... Those types of teams. I just can't get into the small schools baseball. Even though some of them are damn good with nice facilities.

Oh I know there isn't a power 5 in baseball, i just mean the equivalent lol. I don't want to go play 3 games at Dallas baptist, regardless of how good their team is. I would like to see the Ags go play UCLA, USC, Virginia... Those types of teams. I just can't get into the small schools baseball. Even though some of them are damn good with nice facilities.

I agree here. Plus it's a great reason to visit California in February/March!

Pitching Probables:

SFA: Austin Hagy, Jr., RHP, 0-0, 0.00 ERA

A&M: Jace Vines, So., RHP, 0-0, 0.00 ERA

Hagy is a transfer from Murray State College (OK). Was First Team All-Conference his sophomore season. Ironically, MSC's mascot is the Aggies...This will be his first career start for SFA

In 2015 he went 5-3 with a 3.94 ERA and 57 strikeouts in 80 innings pitched.

Unless it's a power 5 opponent, I don't want to see A&M ever leave blue bell. Like JF said, what's the point?

SFA is on the other end of the spectrum. We have to travel to get decent OOC games. This year we go to UT-Arlington (Played OK-State there), A&M, New Mexico State, DBU, Kansas State, Wichita State, Arkansas-Little Rock, TCU, and Southeast Missouri.

Last year was different with Washington State, Kansas State, and West Virginia coming to Nacogdoches. If we can ever get a big kid facility built and stop playing at the Little League park, I think our schedule and team would be much more respectable...

SFA throwing the ball around and just all around BAD fielding tonight. 12-1 Ags in the 4th. Jacks have 6 errors so far and could have a couple of more if the scorer wanted to ding them. Vines looks like he did the last time I saw him at TJC. Announcer said Kolek gets the ball tomorrow night against Prairie View.

Just got home. Game was cold and wet. Maybe 500 people were there which dwindled to about 300 by the 6th inning.

For SFA, the wheels fell off early. Yes, it was 15-1 at one point and SFA had more earned runs than the Aggies did haha. The third baseman had quite a few errors, he got replaced, then the new guy made a few then HE got pulled. The SFA outfield had a tough tough time judging the ball with the wind screaming in from the north. Tough game.

For the Ags, nothing could go wrong except in the 2nd inning when SFA got 3 hits (their only hits on the night... I don't think any walked). Vines had a great night aside from that inning, and Vinson looked solid too. Also, the hitting was very strong for A&M. It was only SFA making errors. Choruby had 2 hits and 5 RBIs... Several others had 2-3 hits and 2-3 RBIs. Big confidence builder. Prairie View tomorrow should be before A&M's first real test in Malibu.

A&M beat Prairie View 11-0 last night. Have outscored their (albeit weak) opponents 57-7 in their 5 games. Two shutouts and one 1-run game.

LSU lost to Lamar 12-11 last night... Back to what we said about playing away games haha. Cause when something like THIS happens, it's bad.

Lol, didn't lamar beat LSU last season?