2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

Kendall Rogers said that the list for the next Texas head coach is Tim Corbin, Brian O'Connor, Kevin O'Sullivan and Dan McDonnell.

He thinks Texas will hire from those 4 coaches.

He's not one to mess around and definitely is as "in the know" as anyone around the college game.

I'm not sure they even sniff Kevin O'Sullivan or Tim Corbin. Florida and Vandy are powers, in the sec, and are in good recruiting grounds. Both are already national title contenders and are paid fairly well for college baseball coaches. I just don't see the reason for a move. I understand Texas is a historical program, but why leave those situations?

I'm not sure they even sniff Kevin O'Sullivan or Tim Corbin. Florida and Vandy are powers, in the sec, and are in good recruiting grounds. Both are already national title contenders and are paid fairly well for college baseball coaches. I just don't see the reason for a move. I understand Texas is a historical program, but why leave those situations?

I can't even begin to speculate on baseball coaches. I follow Rogers on Twitter and he knows his stuff, so I just posted what he had said.

I was actually thinking the DBU coach.

A&M crushes Florida for 9 runs in the final two innings to win the sec tournament title. That's 36 runs in the last 3 games against 3 top 15 ranked teams. Impressive. Bats are hot at the right time.

Banks!!!!! Need him to continue his hot streak.

A&M deserves the #1 seed IMO. They are the best team on a consistent basis.

Miami is very tough... I can't argue against either honestly. I think A&M is the more talented team, but based of résumé, it's a literal toss up.

I can't even begin to speculate on baseball coaches. I follow Rogers on Twitter and he knows his stuff, so I just posted what he had said.

I was actually thinking the DBU coach.

Heefner is a great coach. He turned down a pretty hefty offer from Baylor last year, but Texas could be a different story. Would hate to see him leave here.

Miami is real good but with what the Aggies did in the conference tournament alone, they should have cemented the #1 seed. With Banks finally coming out of his funk, they just got a whole lot more dangerous.

A&M, Florida, Miss St, Ole Miss, and LSU should all be national seeds. The selection committee might not give the SEC 5 spots but there's a real good chance that we see 4 or 5 SEC teams in Omaha depending on how they seed out.

Felt like A&M got the shaft with only the #4 seed. Finish the season at #1 in multiple polls and then win the obvious toughest conference tournament championship. To be behind Louisville is laughable. But Texas Tech is the weakest of all the national seeds and god willing, that's who A&M will play first in the CWS if they take care of business.

im okay with the 4 seed simply because they gave A&M probably the easiest regional in the tournament as well as probably the best matchup in the supers. The Ags are definitely heavy favorites to make it to Omaha.

What I don't like is the way they seeded the assumed teams in Omaha. Let's say all the teams who are national seeds make it, there are 3 ACC teams on one side and 3 sec teams on the other. Essentially making it a ACC mini tournament and a sec mini tournament and the winner meeting in the final. Of course that's not a guarantee they all make it but the last thing they want is to have say Florida and A&M matching up in the final. Florida and Miami is a much better "matchup" having ACC/SEC.

Yesterday:

Texas A&M 22 - Wake Forest 2 (A&M 2-0)

Sam Houston 7 - Princeton 2 (SHSU 1-1)

Dallas Baptist 8 - Fairfield 5 (1-1)

Texas Tech 4 - New Mexico 3 (TTU 2-0)

Today:

A&M vs. Minnesota/Wake Forest winner

Sam Houston vs. LA-Lafayette/Arizona loser

Dallas Baptist vs. New Mexico

Tech vs. DBU/New Mexico winner

DBU loses game 7 of the Lubbock Regional to Texas Tech. Finished this season with 44 wins and and a conference championship. Pretty impressive considering people were saying before the season it would be a "rebuilding" year! The future keeps getting brighter!

Regionals -> (All are played today)

LSU plays Rice in a winner take all to the Supers

South Carolina Plays UNC-Wilmington

North Carolina St plays Coastal Carolina

Advanced:

East Carolina

Okie St

Texas A&M

Miami

TCU

Florida

Arizona

Louisville

Texas Tech

UC-Santa Barbara (its been a while since we've seen them advance)

Boston College (a shocker)

Miss St

Florida St

Really tough game for A&M last night. They just couldn't hit the ball and keep work the strike zone with their pitchers. 5 of the 8 runs scored where walked batters. That's not going to cut it if they want to advance. They didn't use any of their "quality" bullpen so the Aggies still have the pitching to take the next 2 games, but if the bats stay silent I'm afraid their season will end tonight.

A&M bats fall asleep and the bullpen and defense give up 3 unearned runs on an error and 3 walks in the 7th inning... Really a demoralizing way to end what was a very good season by a very deep and complete team. Hats off to to TCU for keeping the pressure on and scrapping their way to the win.

As far as I know, the SEC is sending 0 schools to Omaha this year. LSU was swept by Coastal Carolina last night ;/

Florida and Florida State play today for the final spot. So at best, SEC will have 1...If they win tonight.