2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

Found this interesting on Twitter

Using the FEB.29th polls

Texas baseball plays 14 of its next 16 and 18 of its first 24 games against a ranked team. After that - no more games against ranked teams.

I know they're coming here for a Tuesday game. I think they're playing Houston in Sugarland at a minor league stadium.

I hope DBU or TCU gets to host a regional this year... I would love a day to just lounge around and watch some solid college baseball outdoors... assuming its not 100 degrees yet...

I love when we host regionals. I usually always watch all of the games, even the ones we don't play in.

I hope DBU or TCU gets to host a regional this year... I would love a day to just lounge around and watch some solid college baseball outdoors... assuming its not 100 degrees yet...

I hope we get to host this year. Pitching this year isn't as good as last years, but we have a solid offense. I will say, beating Texas at home in the regional was a pretty awesome experience!

I know they're coming here for a Tuesday game. I think they're playing Houston in Sugarland at a minor league stadium.

Plan on taking my kid to that one. Great field at Constellation Park, and get to see a pair of quality teams for cheap ($10).

Plan on taking my kid to that one. Great field at Constellation Park, and get to see a pair of quality teams for cheap ($10).

Regular season TCU gen admission seats are $10-15... I may take my older 2 for a few games when conference play starts

That's high... A&M are like $8 for GA and $12 for baseline seats.

It's not too bad... They are a privately funded school and just did some major expansions to the stadium over the past 2-3 years which lead to the price increase.

A&M opens a 3-game series with Yale tonight. George Bush Sr. will be there tomorrow, and will throw out the first pitch.

Looks like Jace Vines is going to throw tonight with Tyler Ivey starting the game tomorrow. It's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

LOL! I see what you did there.

One rough inning but otherwise a very solid pitching performance from A&M. They have some talented arms just need to find a little more consistency from a few of them. Can't complain too much about what we are seeing from them so far.

The bats continue to play well but i really want Birk out of the lineup. He's just got an absolutely awful approach at the plate right now.

This stadium is electric and PACKED after the basketball game where most people just came over. President Bush Sr. Is here and threw out the first pitch... Awesome atmosphere.

One rough inning but otherwise a very solid pitching performance from A&M. They have some talented arms just need to find a little more consistency from a few of them. Can't complain too much about what we are seeing from them so far.

The bats continue to play well but i really want Birk out of the lineup. He's just got an absolutely awful approach at the plate right now.

Birk has been impeccable in the field. He's lower in the lineup and got a few hits last night. He needs to get it going soon.

This stadium is electric and PACKED after the basketball game where most people just came over. President Bush Sr. Is here and threw out the first pitch... Awesome atmosphere.

Birk has been impeccable in the field. He's lower in the lineup and got a few hits last night. He needs to get it going soon.

Birk must have heard me... Played well today.

Two triples... One thing I don't like is that Birk and Gideon seem to be feast and famine when it comes to hits. Wish they could be more consistent like Banks and Moss.

They both are definitely extremely streaky guys... I think they are solid players just frustrates me how good the will look one series and then how lost at the plate they can look on others. They are not consistently "tough outs" like you would like for them to be. Sometimes they completely take themselves right out of the at bat. And sometimes that happens for 5-10 ABs in a row before they look solid again got 5-10 ABs.