2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

Yeah well... At least they're not throwing their Friday night guy on this Tuesday game, unlike Rice haha And thankfully Dave Yeast won't be umpiring the game.

Yeast? What a terrible name to live with!

Cooper missed all of last season with injury but some thought he'd be a weekend guy and he maybe once conference gets underway.

The bullpen let Texas down at UCLA last weekend but the bats were much better than they have been.

Yeast? What a terrible name to live with!

Cooper missed all of last season with injury but some thought he'd be a weekend guy and he maybe once conference gets underway.

The bullpen let Texas down at UCLA last weekend but the bats were much better than they have been.

Yep. Dave Yeast. The umpire who's literally ejected players after a game for shaking their head at a strike 3 call. The guy who said he'll make what he knows to be the wrong call in order to get back at a coach or player who shows him up. We say that teams who are screwed by him got a Yeast Infection. Banned from doing A&M games haha The worst part is that he coaches young umpires, and it's dangerous to have a guy like that sending his students out to work games.

It seems like A&M's best chance of winning is to somehow get Cooper out with either a high pitch count or a nice rally. He's a stud, but Texas relievers are suspect, so our best chance is to get into the bullpen. Brigham Hill is a decent enough pitcher, but he's been hit kinda hard at times. Hopefully he has his stuff tonight.

What an ending!!! Texas scores 4 in the 9th to tie it and A&M hits a walk off HR in the bottom to win 5-4. Great game! Things got a little chippy between the teams after the HR but overall a very clean game and a great one to watch!

Followed on Twitter after my daughters softball game.

Texas came back to score 4 in the 9th to tie and ATM win it with a HR in the bottom of the 9th. I bet that place is going crazy!

Not sure why Culbreth came in to pitch the 9th. He's our Saturday starter and a lefty vs the ATM righty hitter. Strange move by Augue. Happy to see some fight in the Horns on the diamond. Maybe it will light a fire for them.

What an ending!!! Texas scores 4 in the 9th to tie it and A&M hits a walk off HR in the bottom to win 5-4. Great game! Things got a little chippy between the teams after the HR but overall a very clean game and a great one to watch!

Dang! Didn't hear about the chippy part.

Followed on Twitter after my daughters softball game.

Texas came back to score 4 in the 9th to tie and ATM win it with a HR in the bottom of the 9th. I bet that place is going crazy!

Not sure why Culbreth came in to pitch the 9th. He's our Saturday starter and a lefty vs the ATM righty hitter. Strange move by Augue. Happy to see some fight in the Horns on the diamond. Maybe it will light a fire for them.

Dang! Didn't hear about the chippy part.

It wasn't a big deal... But as you can imagine the entire A&M team was at home plate and the fans were going nuts. Then it appeared like some Ags were throwing the horns down sign and it the stands were absolutely RAINING down SECSECSEC chants lol. It was clear it was a very hostile and emotional end to what was an intense finish. Some Texas players approached the A&M team and then some bickering started. Wasn't nothing major and nobody made any sort of contact with each other, just some friendly rivalry banter! Great to see that fire and passion from both teams in the end.
  • Like 1

Great win, but I'm really worried about our relief pitching. Had trouble closing Yale, Fresno, and now Texas. Hope Hendrix gets his groove back.

Texas brought in a weekend starter in the bottom of the 9th. Strange move.

I thought that was strange too! The pen has been struggling but that can't help their confidence.

Like the fight in our team. Again, worried about relief. As I said before the game, this is just a Tuesday game. I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it though.

I don't think it's necessarily relief, I think it was the relief choices. It should have been Ecker out of the pen the minute Hendrix started struggling. Before he even gave up a run I was mad when Larson came in...

I think our pen is fine, we just are going through a little rough patch. And by rough I mean average not stellar. I mean there are some arms in that pen that would be in 75% of the nations weekend rotation. They are talented guys. I think we've just seen RC do some experimenting with guys in different roles and tried to see what he can get out of certain guys. I'm not too worried.

I thought that was strange too! The pen has been struggling but that can't help their confidence.

He was probably due for a bullpen session today anyway, so what was maybe 15 pitches if he could've worked a quick inning? It was a big game that could've turned his season around in a hurry. Makes some sense.

Texas fans are blasting the Clemens boys, although I didn't think they were all that bad (and one of them sacrificed his body to tie the game). What's the deal with that?

Not sure why the beef there. Kacy has been playing well since he started wearing glasses. Kody has had some trouble in the field at times but he's had timely hits for us at times.

No need for it. One team obviously needs it more but if both were winning it would be great.

Not sure what you mean by that, but okay.

I don't care if one team is better than the other, One of the greatest rivalries in college sports.

Texas needs it obviously because they are currently horrible. Ags don't need it because they don't really gain much and would lose a lot. If and texas starts winning then it would benefit everyone. Losing to a "inferior " by record alone would be bad for the A&M program.

You are an idiot if you think the Horns are horrible. They weren't great by any means, but they weren't a horrible 5-7 team. Especially after beating Baylor, and OU. The only game they got blown out in was TCU. That is not horrible. It was only 2 games less than expectations... so we take A&M expectations into account you won 8. Every Aggie I knew was expecting 10+. Horrible right? Or did you just not meet your expectations.

Hell, LSU had a bad season but was 1 rain cancellation away from yet another 10 win season. Horrible right?

I get sick of your moronic trolling. Better ways to troll UT fans than saying they need a rivalry especially after they come out and say that they enjoyed the atmosphere of the game rather than the win or loss. How often do you see a Texas fan lose to A&M and say "That was great." ? But thats exactly what we had here and you troll them? Get a life troll. Next time I will hammer you harder than Les does Sumlin every year.

Lol neat 2 losing seasons is horrible no matter how downplayed yet I am the dummy . Facts or facts brah. Trolling was not intended on my part just answering the question on a sports forum geez.

They need to beat you so bad for what reason? They already beat A&M in recruiting the past year in football despite having a "horrible" year.... didn't need the Aggies for that. So what other reason does Texas need this game? Please remind me.

They need to beat you so bad for what reason? They already beat A&M in recruiting the past year in football despite having a "horrible" year.... didn't need the Aggies for that. So what other reason does Texas need this game? Please remind me.

Mav we don't have to do this to a good thread. Just delete the post and let's get back to baseball.

Mav we don't have to do this to a good thread. Just delete the post and let's get back to baseball.

We won't ruin it. It's over. He should know better than spit nonsense with no logical reason. If Texas was getting their butt kicked in recruiting in every sport, I could see the reasoning. However, I will not tolerate his trolling in a good thread without him explaining why Texas needs it. I don't expect anyone else to try and justify it for him, we all know he is completely incapable of doing so.

We won't ruin it. It's over. He should know better than spit nonsense with no logical reason. If Texas was getting their butt kicked in recruiting in every sport, I could see the reasoning. However, I will not tolerate his trolling in a good thread without him explaining why Texas needs it. I don't expect anyone else to try and justify it for him, we all know he is completely incapable of doing so.

Well, from an RPI standpoint, Texas definitely benefited from the game last night, although they didn't NEED it. Neither team NEEDS it, but both want it from everyhting I can see.

Well, from an RPI standpoint, Texas definitely benefited from the game last night, although they didn't NEED it. Neither team NEEDS it, but both want it from everyhting I can see.

They didn't exactly NEED A&M for the RPI, that could have been anyone. But i see what you did there ;)