2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

Well that escalated quickly... I just love the rivalry man. Even when the Horns don't win! A&M has a dang good baseball team this year. The road to Omaha will be an exciting one to watch!

I really hope the two meet on Saturday for the basketball tournament. That will be as intense of second round game as I've ever seen.

I have said it many times, but A&M and Texas are each other's true rival. You won't see either team get as high or low over a Tuesday night baseball game against OU or Lsu. Matter of fact, I haven't met many Texas fans that even watch Texas vs OU in anything but football. So IMO the desire to beat each other in not just football, but everything from baseball to beer pong is what makes this a RIVALRY and not just a big game in a sport. The day will come when we see them meet in every sport every year again.

• Like 1

I really hope the two meet on Saturday for the basketball tournament. That will be as intense of second round game as I've ever seen.

I have said it many times, but A&M and Texas are each other's true rival. You won't see either team get as high or low over a Tuesday night baseball game against OU or Lsu. Matter of fact, I haven't met many Texas fans that even watch Texas vs OU in anything but football. So IMO the desire to beat each other in not just football, but everything from baseball to beer pong is what makes this a RIVALRY and not just a big game in a sport. The day will come when we see them meet in every sport every year again.

I hope so too! That will be a fun game to watch.

Couldn't agree more. It really is a special rivalry. I sure hope that day comes soon!

I recall a question I was asked several years ago. Between A&M and OU, which game would you rather win if you could only win one? Without hesitation I chose A&M. It always #### more to lose to the Aggies than any other team, and I'm sure most older Aggies feel the same way.

Remember my Quidditch teams? I just wonder the turnout for A&M vs Texas in that lol...

Well that escalated quickly... I just love the rivalry man. Even when the Horns don't win! A&M has a dang good baseball team this year. The road to Omaha will be an exciting one to watch!

This is exactly why I went off on Lion. It was said in the original post that was wishing the game would come back to all sports.... The win or loss doesn't matter... It's the excitement that game brings.

Now that A&M is "better" than Texas now in football, I couldn't imagine what the sports bar/Buffalo Wild Wings/Dave and Buster's parties would be like out here in DFW.

This is exactly why I went off on Lion. It was said in the original post that was wishing the game would come back to all sports.... The win or loss doesn't matter... It's the excitement that game brings.

Now that A&M is "better" than Texas now in football, I couldn't imagine what the sports bar/Buffalo Wild Wings/Dave and Buster's parties would be like out here in DFW.

Yup... I by no means am an A&M fan, but I respect the school and their strong fan base. Bring both schools together for a game and it makes for a good time.

I can't imagine either! Lol

Pretty much. The atmosphere at Olsen was electric on Tuesday. Especially during the 9th inning (both top and bottom). Felt more like a game 7 than a mid season midweek game. About 8,000 were there and it was packed to the brim.

A&M opens SEC play this weekend at Auburn. More importantly than beating Texas, I want to start off with a series win, preferably a sweep.

Went to the TCU game today. Lupton is nice but smaller than it appears. TCU destroyed WVU. after giving up 2 in the first, the followed with a 1st inning grand slam and kept adding more after that. Horns will have their hands full with this TCU team.

Went to the TCU game today. Lupton is nice but smaller than it appears. TCU destroyed WVU. after giving up 2 in the first, the followed with a 1st inning grand slam and kept adding more after that. Horns will have their hands full with this TCU team.

I don't think the horns will be challenging the big 12 this season.

I also saw Lsu dropped 2 of 3 to Bama in Baton Rouge. I wonder if it's reason for concern or just a fluke weekend.

I don't think the horns will be challenging the big 12 this season.

I also saw Lsu dropped 2 of 3 to Bama in Baton Rouge. I wonder if it's reason for concern or just a fluke weekend.

This is one of the better teams that Bama has fielded in a while. However, LSU should not drop 2 to these guys, especially at home.

#2 Aggies vs #13 Lsu

Big series I doubt either teams enjoys a sweep.

Next week A&M goes to #1 Florida. I really hope A&M wins this series and even sweeps it so we can see a #1 vs #2 next week in Gainesville. IMO those are easily the two most complete teams in the country in terms of talent and depth.

Next week A&M goes to #1 Florida. I really hope A&M wins this series and even sweeps it so we can see a #1 vs #2 next week in Gainesville. IMO those are easily the two most complete teams in the country in terms of talent and depth.

I've been waiting on this one all year. I think these 2 and maybe Louisville are the best teams I've seen this year.

This weeks softball top 25 has TEN sec teams in it... I knew the SEC was improving in softball, but I hadn't realized they had overthrown the PAC 12...

I watch a lot of college softball (I have 2 daughters) and the sec has become very strong in the sport. The sport is becoming very popular in the south in general.

A&M gives up 3 unearned runs and drops game 2 with Lsu 3-2 to even the series. LSU played well and forced A&M into 2 errors with the last one going ahead in the top of the 9th.

I followed this on Twitter. Good game by both teams it seemed.