2016 College Baseball Thread

JohnnyFootball

A&M went into a funk around this time last season if I remember right. Texas had about the same kind of season and won the b12 tourney to get in last year right?

The Texas part is correct. This team looks like it has quit on its legendary coach. They definitely have the talent to turn things around and win the tournament but they don't seem to play with fire unless it's a rivalry.

The Texas part is correct. This team looks like it has quit on its legendary coach. They definitely have the talent to turn things around and win the tournament but they don't seem to play with fire unless it's a rivalry.

I don't get how they beat TCU then struggle with some of the other schools in the conference... TCU is really good, and that's not just me blowing smoke...

A&M went into a funk around this time last season if I remember right. Texas had about the same kind of season and won the b12 tourney to get in last year right?

Yes A&M went through a stretch around the same time last season. I'm not overly concerned. Florida is the best team in college baseball. I would have liked to have won that game 3, but getting swept on the road by them isn't quite as bad as it appears. Losing the midweek game to rice seems rough, but it's more because A&M hasn't lost a midweek game since 2014. I think A&M is still a top 2-3 team talent wise, just gonna have to keep grinding in sec play.

Saw that. And McNeese took down LSU again. Weird Tuesdya night.

The Ags luckily got through with a 10-4 win vs Abilene Christian. Everything looked great until our closer got work and gave up a 3-run home run. He's GOT to get his head on straight. Something is bothering him. I think he's injured (he's looked hurt since one of those Tuesday games a few weeks ago). I hope whatever it is goes away.

A&M goes into Starkville and sweeps a top 5 miss st team. Very good weekend for the bats scoring 30 runs on Miss st is no small feat. After taking a tumble in Florida, the Ags are looking like a very solid top 3 team again.

A&M barely pulled out the series vs Bama who's pitching did them well. We have a series at Arkansas this weekend and #7 Vandy at home next weekend. There's just no easy break for A&M. #13 Ole Miss and #8South Carolina also remain, both of who are ranked (as is Vandy). When you look at it, A&M has to play the #1, #3, #7, #8, #11, and #13 teams in conference with Alabama and Arkansas receiving votes. At the time, the win in the LSU series seemed small, but as LSU plays better and better, it looks bigger.

Nice series win for Texas! Definitely coming around, as they often do late. Remember, all it takes is winning 5 games in the postseason to make the CWS. They definitely could do that.

A&M bounces back from a 9-5 loss in game 1 (and a 5-2 deficit in Game 2 where the starting pitcher was out before the first inning) to win game 2 in 11 innings 11-8, thanks in part to a grand slam by Nick Banks, and win game 3 7-2 thanks to a complete game by Kyle Simmonds to save the depleted bullpen.

Vandy comes to town this weekend in a Thursday-Friday-Saturday series. Gonna be insanely tough.

A&M bounces back from a 9-5 loss in game 1 (and a 5-2 deficit in Game 2 where the starting pitcher was out before the first inning) to win game 2 in 11 innings 11-8, thanks in part to a grand slam by Nick Banks, and win game 3 7-2 thanks to a complete game by Kyle Simmonds to save the depleted bullpen.

Vandy comes to town this weekend in a Thursday-Friday-Saturday series. Gonna be insanely tough.

Pitching continues to be an issue down the stretch for the Ags... Some major control issues over the weekend. Way too many walks.

I do think this team is a great team though. They really never give up and just keep grinding despite struggled early and no game is ever out of their reach with that offense. I hope they can stay strong and host a super. This team, specifically the pitching, has been very different on the road than at home.

Pitching continues to be an issue down the stretch for the Ags... Some major control issues over the weekend. Way too many walks.

I do think this team is a great team though. They really never give up and just keep grinding despite struggled early and no game is ever out of their reach with that offense. I hope they can stay strong and host a super. This team, specifically the pitching, has been very different on the road than at home.

I've noticed that our pitching issues are mainly on the road (save Kyle Simmonds this weekend, of course). At Auburn, at Florida, and at Arkansas were all disasters. Even at Miss State wasn't stellar pitching, but the bats scored 10 in each game. However, I also noticed that in all of those series, save Mississippi State, there has been something that's messed with our pitching. It was rain causing double headers against Auburn and Arkansas and then it was Vines getting sick and messing with the rotation against Florida. Just goes to show that we NEED to host a super regional. I don't want our team going on the road for a Super because our pitching is super suspect on the road.

It WAS nice to see that the bullpen could get us 32 outs in a game.

Huge top 5 series starts tonight with #2 A&M hosting #5 Vanderbilt. Tickets are sold out for all the games, but I'm lucky enough to have a pair for all three!

Vanderbilt's pitching are insanely tough and A&M is having issues with the rotation because a game was pushed back last weekend and this weekend the series is moved up, so some are on short rest and whatnot. Hoping we can take game 1 throwing by committee, but against their pitching, it'll be rough.

Huge top 5 series starts tonight with #2 A&M hosting #5 Vanderbilt. Tickets are sold out for all the games, but I'm lucky enough to have a pair for all three!

Vanderbilt's pitching are insanely tough and A&M is having issues with the rotation because a game was pushed back last weekend and this weekend the series is moved up, so some are on short rest and whatnot. Hoping we can take game 1 throwing by committee, but against their pitching, it'll be rough.

I'm jealous. Should be beautiful in CS this weekend too!

Looks like Larkins is up first. Good choice in my book.

I wanted to see Kilkenny, but after thinking about it I think id rather have him coming out of the pen in a game we need him for. Just waiting on the day Hendrix gets back to normal, if possible this season.

He's a fine hurler. But he's mostly played in Tuesday kinda games this year. This is a whole different animal. And plus, he's going against one of the best pitchers in the country. Hopefully he can get us through the 5th.