Winnsboro Lady Raiders vs. Mt. Vernon Lady Tigers

chevyman

Regional Quarterfinal matchup between these two old rivals. I believe it is slated for 6 pm tuesday night in Daingerfield. I sure hope they have enough seats over there. This should be a great game between two very good teams. The Lady Raiders will have to bring their A game in this one. Thoughts?

Over the years there has been some good games between these two schools, I expect this one to be no different. Both teams do not like one another so this will be a grudge match. Both teams will have to bring their "A" game to beat the other team. Look for this to be a very close game. Should not be more than a 3 point game if both teams play up to their potential.

Good luck to both teams.

Have you ever been in their gym? I have been to one game there and it was a Mount Vernon game. It is a nice gym.

You are right it will not hold all the crowd though.

Wonder what time the doors will open?

Why could we not go back to Gilmer or even Lindale?

Not ever been there. Im sure they will open around 5-530, somewhere around there. It may have been out of our hands on choosing location. Regardless it shouldnt affect the ability to play.

The last time i was in a gym in Daingerfield, i was in 7th grade and the one we played in only had one side of stands and a big wall on the other side. Good thing thats not where we are playing this one lol

Have you ever been in their gym? I have been to one game there and it was a Mount Vernon game. It is a nice gym.

You are right it will not hold all the crowd though.

Wonder what time the doors will open?

Why could we not go back to Gilmer or even Lindale?

Daingerfield needed the money, whereas the other two didn't.

Sounds like a Brad Floyd special since this game is being played in Dfield. No way that place will hold all of the Lady Raider fans

How many you bringing?

I believe this game will come down to the Lady Raiders ability to break the press, and how well they defend #30 in the post. Harmony never made any adjustments to their defense against her. They continued to play behind her resulting in many easy touches on that right block that lead to her getting alot of layups. She also was a monster on the boards so the Lady Raiders will have to improve in that regard and rebound better. I think it should be a great game.

Yes thats a fact, they have a few good shooters and they are even more dangerous when #30 is being successful so in my opinion everything starts with slowing her down. Harmony was also never able to break the press with consistency so the Lady Tigers were able to keep that pressure up leading to alot of turnovers and easy baskets

Well just wasnt the Lady Raiders night tonight. Kudos to the Lady Tigers for a well played ballgame. Their defense was stifling all night. Winny was having a hard time getting the ball in the hole and everytime it appeared they would make a run then MV would answer. The Lady Raiders never quit though and made a valliant comeback at the end only to come up a bit short. Always a tough time when the season ends sooner then expected. Sure loved watching them play this year and look forward to next year as well. Lots of freshman contributing this year bodes well for the next 3 years and i cant wait to see how they do. Good luck to the Lady Tigers

im sure this will offend some, not intended to. WB will not be as good next year possibly. The loss of two excellent seniors will hurt a lot. They will still be very good and maybe better than this year. The next year they should really shine I think. JMO

Not offending at all. Will be extremely hard to replace those 2 in all aspects that they brought to the team. The biggest thing next year will be figuring out how to utilize all of the girls that will be returning. From an offensive perspective, there will be alot of players that will need to become more aggressive in their game and help fill the shoes of the 2 seniors offensive output. Looking forward to watching them play again.

i doubt that. Winnsboro will have a state championship in any sport before the Lions of New Boston. Winnsboro is and has not been known for producting state champions since the Stacy Stephens years.

I really do not think that they care any more.

BRF, i noticed you making the comment over on the other site calling for the coaches head next season if the same thing happens again? I mean really?

I was thinking about what some people in Winnsboro might be thinking not me. I really do not care any more. You need to chill.

FYI: I did not get the last one fired. You need to talk to people that have some influence in Winnsboro that is responsible for that move.