Steph Curry - Modern Day Jordan

ETXfan16

I could never compare him to Jordan, he's great at three pointers, but doesn't have the game Jordan did.

Isn't being the greatest being able to do things and dominate the way Noone has ever done before?

I mean thus guy has a killer shot. He destroys people off the ball. Has great hands, and maybe better vision than Stockton ever had at PG... I am not ready to call him the greatest of all time, but people comparing him to Jordan are comparing 2 completely different play styles... if they want to compare dominance then they can make a case...

Like Mav said, his playing style is different than Jordan's, so the comparison is a hard one to make. I do think that he is becoming the best at his position no doubt (if he isn't already). I have NEVER seen someone shoot the ball like he does. At any position on the floor. It is absolutely incredible.

Think of the pure point guard greats with curry's size... Only recent ones are Nash, who could handle the ball like a globetrotter scripted skit through 4 defenders and Stockton who had the vision of a hawk watching from above. But neither of them were money when it came to creating their own shot. I feel like Steph has their skills and some.

• Like 1

The only thing to compare the two would be successes (NBA titles, scoring titles, MVP's). Other than that, there isn't a lot to compare. Gonna have to go way back to find someone to compare Curry too.

Agreed. The only player I would consider a good comparison to Jordan would be Kobe.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_michael_jordan.htm

The only thing to compare the two would be successes (NBA titles, scoring titles, MVP's). Other than that, there isn't a lot to compare. Gonna have to go way back to find someone to compare Curry too.

Agreed. The only player I would consider a good comparison to Jordan would be Kobe.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_michael_jordan.htm

Kobe couldn't carry Jordan's jock ....

In his prime, Kobe could play some D. I agree he is no Jordan, but the closest we have seen to Jordan's game since Jordan :)

you mean his borderline stalker imitations of MJ? Kobe is good but I wish he would've developed his own game instead of mimicking Jordan his whole career.

you mean his borderline stalker imitations of MJ? Kobe is good but I wish he would've developed his own game instead of mimicking Jordan his whole career.

That's what I meant by comparison. Not stats or anything like that, but playing style. Like you can't put Curry and Jordan together or LeBum and Jordan because they don't have the same game. Kobe ain't no Jordan, but their games are similar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Steph Curry can't be compared to anyone. He's truly the first of his kind.

Does anyone here think he's NOT the greatest shooter of all time? I still have people arguing with me.

Comparable to Maravich...

I like Reggie Miller and that stroke of his. This dude named Bird was also a pretty good shooter I hear...

Comparable to Maravich...

I like Reggie Miller and that stroke of his. This dude named Bird was also a pretty good shooter I hear...

Since you brought it up, I compare him to Bird. They're dunks are very similar, and they can/could both shoot. The NBA adopted the three point line the year that Larry was a rookie, and NBA teams were reluctant to use it as it is today. I think Larry's numbers would have been higher if he had shot it more often.

Steph Curry can't be compared to anyone. He's truly the first of his kind.

Does anyone here think he's NOT the greatest shooter of all time? I still have people arguing with me.

He is no doubt the best shooter in the league (obviously). All time? I'm not sure I want to say that right now... However at the end of his career I truly believe he will be the best shooter of all time.