Linden-Kildare AD/HFC

oldhornet

This is one of the rare occasions that I think a hometown hire is only way to create stability. LK needs a guy for the long haul. The drop in classification will make next guy seem like a home run hire.

I usually agree with anything oldhornet posts, and I agree again that stability is something that LK needs. However to assume that the only way to get it is by going with the hometown guy, may be flawed. I think a good way is to hire a young coach that wants to put down roots in the area, then let him rebuild the program from the 6th grade up. Not saying that a, or the, hometown guy is not a good choice, but its not necessarily a slam dunk.

I usually agree with anything oldhornet posts, and I agree again that stability is something that LK needs. However to assume that the only way to get it is by going with the hometown guy, may be flawed. I think a good way is to hire a young coach that wants to put down roots in the area, then let him rebuild the program from the 6th grade up. Not saying that a, or the, hometown guy is not a good choice, but its not necessarily a slam dunk.

I'm not saying a hometown guy is only way to go. LK needs stability more now than ever. This was a top notch east Texas job years ago. In my opinion a hometown guy may be the only kind of guy who can cut it more than a couple years.

I'm not saying a hometown guy is only way to go. LK needs stability more now than ever. This was a top notch east Texas job years ago. In my opinion a hometown guy may be the only kind of guy who can cut it more than a couple years.

For sure not disagreeing with you. Stability is huge and when there is a revolving door at the top, kids can't dig in. And for that matter, I don't blame them.

I think the Woodville OC is the way to go. He is as close to a hometown boy as you can get without the ties that can be used to control. He is primed for that first HC gig and he is a great coach with an outstanding work ethic and the kids and community love him.

He would do a great job and would be a good hire but I think this might be a done deal already with Simmons.

I think the Woodville OC is the way to go. He is as close to a hometown boy as you can get without the ties that can be used to control. He is primed for that first HC gig and he is a great coach with an outstanding work ethic and the kids and community love him.

Hired last nite by DF.