Oil Belt Classic in Kilgore

Aggie98

Wow Kilgore beat Carthage and Longview by some convincing scores. They must be pretty good or Carthage is overrated

C'mon man. You know how it goes. Pitchers have bad outtings....and lineups can catch fire. Carthage could win by 8 the next go around. A couple of impressive offensive showings though.

• Like 1

Wow Kilgore beat Carthage and Longview by some convincing scores. They must be pretty good or Carthage is overrated

Carthage is not overrated. These pool play tourneys do not mean anything. A coach may try a pitcher out that he may or may not never use come district play. There more like scrimmages any more. I wish they would go back to bracket play where everyone was playing to win a tourney "double elimination" but some will say that would not guarantee every team 3 games.

I prefer the bracket play but that's me.

Carthage is not overrated. These pool play tourneys do not mean anything. A coach may try a pitcher out that he may or may not never use come district play. There more like scrimmages any more. I wish they would go back to bracket play where everyone was playing to win a tourney "double elimination" but some will say that would not guarantee every team 3 games.

I prefer the bracket play but that's me.

Yeah ok.. The teams still show up to win their games.. pretty much scrimmages I guess a highly touted team would say that after getting beat convincingly but hey that's your opinion.

Dang well Kilgore fell off the map against Central Heights losing 10-1

Central Heights has a pretty loaded team and they threw their ace (A&M commit) against Kilgore. Kilgore threw a #4.

Hallsville is not quite as dominant as years past, but still good enough to beat every team in this tournament.

Carthage has a very good team.... they have not thrown their #1 or #2 yet.

Central Heights has a pretty loaded team and they threw their ace (A&M commit) against Kilgore. Kilgore threw a #4.

Hallsville is not quite as dominant as years past, but still good enough to beat every team in this tournament.

Plus Carthage has some key injuries that should be back in time for district.

Who is 1,2,3 in the pitching rotation for Carthage this year?

Tomlin and Blissett have signed to play baseball at Panola College in Carthage next year. I imagine Blissett will be a position player or a DH for the Ponies rather than a pitcher.

Baldree will be a preferred walk-on for the Texas A&M football team.