Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Testified For Dennis Alexander Read More: Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Tes

Guest 4to3

Times must be tough at smoaky.com. They are letting children be trashed and families be humiliated. Great Job!!! Welcome to the Smoaky Springer Show.

Once again if you have concerns about how this site is being moderated by us, please email David with your concerns or a interest in joining the moderator team. The thread stays up as long as everyone stays on topic. Nobody's been publicly named on here but the two coaches. No students. No parents.

Once again if you have concerns about how this site is being moderated by us, please email David with your concerns or a interest in joining the moderator team. The thread stays up as long as everyone stays on topic. Nobody's been publicly named on here but the two coaches. No students. No parents.

So if this was about Robert E Lee or John Tyler and I wrote a post saying "the kid that was hit by the coach is the mayors son. You can honestly tell me that the post would not have been pulled. If you say yes your a liar. The fact is this is about a small town that Smoaky has no ties to.....it took the "moderator team" 24 hours to even respond to my post. Great job Guys keep up the good work.

So if this was about Robert E Lee or John Tyler and I wrote a post saying "the kid that was hit by the coach is the mayors son. You can honestly tell me that the post would not have been pulled. If you say yes your a liar. The fact is this is about a small town that Smoaky has no ties to.....it took the "moderator team" 24 hours to even respond to my post. Great job Guys keep up the good work.

They are use to a lot of lifters making a tipping sound on here, so they don't get real excited unless it gets real loud and then they just call a wrecker and tow it out.

Listen I just give information that I have been told from a source within the athletic department. I was told that he wasn't there, but maybe he was. My source says the he didn't remember him being there. But this is all second hand, I wasn't there and I don't think you were either.

Secondly I do know that coach Greer was offered a contract in hopes of making things go away and upon that he promptly resigned effective the end of the year. That is a fact!

With that being said I have said enough on this topic and GOLDMEMBER out!

Offered a contract after being non renewed to make things go away? I think most would understand why he resigned at that point immediately

• Like 1

A mayor's son @ JT? That's a stretch.

Somebody put a Shock collar on JJ after the last thread and now he wont get off the porch .......Muhahahahahah

Nah, JJ is good. I had a good conversation with him in the last thread. It had nothing to do about the argument he was making, it had more to do about the language used. He knows he is good and what happened last time. Maybe he doesnt feel like rehashing the same content on the same subject several weeks later.

Depends on the area. Down here where I coach everyone buys... Conroe/Woodlands area. Of Course the housing market is booming here and you can sell a house in a week.

Most small towns I wouldn't buy because I don't want to get stuck with a house

I love the people that come on threads like these and insinuate that "there is more to the story here than is being told".

So bring it. Do it already, tell us what the "Rest of the story is".

And I fail to see how telling the truth is somehow being bitter. These small town schools and they asinine politics where they think it is ok to ruin peoples lives for their amusement while anyone who goes to Church with the School Board or Superintendent can do anything they want and have a job for life NO MATTER how useless they are as a teacher or Coach.

Whether you like it or not the truth is the truth. And if you think it is ok to ruin a Coach and his families life they you need to be tough enough to face them putting the truth back in YOUR face. What exactly IS the right forum for this sort of thing? The truth is there is NOT. You people want to run good people off for your petty political reasons and you want them to leave and do so quietly so as to not hurt anyones feeling.

I am betting that there are a BUNCH of folks in Troup ISD who are from Troup. Wonderful, beautiful, nothing wrong with that. The question is, when exactly was the last time someone FROM Troup was let go in Troup ISD?

" These small town schools and they asinine politics where they think it is ok to ruin peoples lives for their amusement while anyone who goes to Church with the School Board or Superintendent can do anything they want and have a job for life NO MATTER how useless they are as a teacher or Coach." Amen!

Nobody said that they were not in their right to not renew him. Everyone knows in the profession what a probationary contract is.

What everyone is saying is that is is BS and retaliatory because of him being honest about what happened. It didn;t jive with the witch hunt in Troup against DA, so they fired him. 99.99999999% of the time you are weeks off a excellent evaluation, you get renewed unless you commit a crime etc.

The best interest of the school district is BS in this case as he just told the truth.

But there is no question it is their right to look like morons and inbred idiots throughout this.

If the coach can prove he was wrongfully terminated for testifying, then he should start a grievance process himself with the school and claim "whistleblower" rights. He'll have to do it fast though. Local policy sometimes only gives you 10 days from the time the event happened.

I'm only reporting what I was told by someone within Troup ISD, apparently, Supt. Bird had a follow-up meeting with Coach Greer and offered him a contract renewal. This was after Coach Greer was told his contract wouldn't be renewed.

Coach Greer responded by telling the superintendent he was no longer interested in working within Troup I.S.D.

David Smoak

I would feel the same way. I would not stay where I am not wanted.

+ where the organizational culture is what it is there, you know, the ways the organization conducts its business, treats its employees.

Nah, JJ is good. I had a good conversation with him in the last thread. It had nothing to do about the argument he was making, it had more to do about the language used. He knows he is good and what happened last time. Maybe he doesnt feel like rehashing the same content on the same subject several weeks later.

He is a good guy, and I consider him a friend. Was more less picking at him.