Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Testified For Dennis Alexander Read More: Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Tes

Guest 4to3

Well we really don't know do we, we will just have to see how it plays out in a Civil court and yes all those that ran and hid will have to show up under subpoena in Civil court....now Run & tell Godmother. :P

So tacky. So misguided. And SO wrong..... Now run and tell Daddy in law.

The trees say Thats a good one! Unfortunately for me you're on the .com side. Otherwise this could get real entertaining! The trees did want me to maybe suggest a counselor for you and yours so that maybe y'all might glass house, and quit picking on folks. Might make y'all feel better to lie down on a couch and discuss your thoughts and feelings! Hope this helps!

The trees say Thats a good one! Unfortunately for me you're on the .com side. Otherwise this could get real entertaining! The trees did want me to maybe suggest a counselor for you and yours so that maybe y'all might glass house, and quit picking on folks. Might make y'all feel better to lie down on a couch and discuss your thoughts and feelings! Hope this helps!

Thanks , I took your wise advise and laid back on the couch and spoke with my Counselor............she said to tell you, she hear many Chainsaws in Troup's future. :coolio:

Boss Hogg’s new Troup Railroad Museum. With a special outdoor exhibit celebrating Troup’s carnival festivities since its 1878 founding…… The big word out at the country club is the new sign ordered for coming into town has arrived and is waiting for dry weather to be put up < Welcome to Troup Texas…. HOME of the 1995 Texas 2A STATE Science Champions. > They couldn’t fit The 95 state Biology champions on it….kind of sad they had to flip a coin.

Yep..... yep I heard that's were they are putting in the new Museum.

Here's my 2 cents worth on Troup's latest fiasco. DA got a raw deal from the SB and his fellow coaches, many of which will sit around one day bragging about how they coached with the coaching legend, but will surely leave out the part about how they didn't have his back when he needed them. Coach Greer was the only one with the guts to show up and defend the man, while others hid behind their desks,claiming they couldn't find a sub ! SB didn't like a coach that didn't follow their agenda, so they decide to non-renew him.

If the Admin did tell the baseball coach and others to not show up, shame on them both. That would have been a perfect opportunity to show a lot of kids how to stand up and do the right thing ! Apparently their testimony would have cleared DA, if not, then why were they told not to show ???

As for Greer's job as a coach, it looked to me like he was trying to bring some much needed class and discipline to Troup. He did a fine job with the talent he had. I'm sure there are many districts out there that would be happy to have him. He's the winner here.

Shame on the TISD Board for what they tried to pull. Troup citizens deserve better than that !

Troup will never build winning programs until they stop hiring based on family trees and SB friends.

Get the best available coach regardless of if they went to Troup or not.

Wonder who will be next ?

• Like 2

About fifteen years ago I had a school secretary tell me that she could not get me a sub for my Grandfathers funeral. Right before she had told another teacher that he had a sub so he could make it to the Rangers Opening Day. Meanwhile I was told I would have to get other coaches to cover for me. I told her in no uncertain terms I would not be there the next day and unless they wanted those classes unsupervised then she had better get someone to be there.

About fifteen years ago I had a school secretary tell me that she could not get me a sub for my Grandfathers funeral. Right before she had told another teacher that he had a sub so he could make it to the Rangers Opening Day. Meanwhile I was told I would have to get other coaches to cover for me. I told her in no uncertain terms I would not be there the next day and unless they wanted those classes unsupervised then she had better get someone to be there.

That was before FMLA? Because there may have been a nice lawsuit there for you :D

So can someone from Troup enlighten me on this.....heard Eastman and a school board member by the last name of Whitsell are preparing to purchase a golf course. Could this be why Eastman turned on Dennis? Money will make you do some strange things....Eastman supposedly told several coaches that he doesn't even want to be the athletic director. He just wants to coach golf.

Also saw on school website where the basketball job is now posted...good luck to the next guy. This job would have me ready to check into the state hospital at Rusk.

Here's my 2 cents worth on Troup's latest fiasco. DA got a raw deal from the SB and his fellow coaches, many of which will sit around one day bragging about how they coached with the coaching legend, but will surely leave out the part about how they didn't have his back when he needed them. Coach Greer was the only one with the guts to show up and defend the man, while others hid behind their desks,claiming they couldn't find a sub ! SB didn't like a coach that didn't follow their agenda, so they decide to non-renew him.

If the Admin did tell the baseball coach and others to not show up, shame on them both. That would have been a perfect opportunity to show a lot of kids how to stand up and do the right thing ! Apparently their testimony would have cleared DA, if not, then why were they told not to show ???

As for Greer's job as a coach, it looked to me like he was trying to bring some much needed class and discipline to Troup. He did a fine job with the talent he had. I'm sure there are many districts out there that would be happy to have him. He's the winner here.

Shame on the TISD Board for what they tried to pull. Troup citizens deserve better than that !

Troup will never build winning programs until they stop hiring based on family trees and SB friends.

Get the best available coach regardless of if they went to Troup or not.

Wonder who will be next ?

Right on brother.....the Tennis coach was the main one running around town talking bad about Dennis. Eastman was a no-show at the trial, and the 2 baseball coaches didn't get to tell their story. Tennis coach has a vested interest in the basketball team, as does 2 school board members....I said that to say this...the board, Tennis coach, and Eastman were all against Dennis...there was NO WAY Greer could stay at Troup with everyone knowing he supported DA...they basically had to fire him.

Remember this....Eastman initially said that it didn't go down the way that everyone portrayed it. He then changed his story....maybe because he's financial partners with the father of the accusing kid......who knows.

I would love to hear the story of the Culinary Arts teacher. She played a big role in this and she hated DA.....this isn't the first coach that she ran off in Troup. I hear she likes to play the victim....

You can't deny this is the reason he was non-renewed. He snapped a 30+ game losing streak and had a successful season playing with a bunch of sophomores.

--Mon he testified on behalf of DA

--Wed/Thurs he was told he was being non-renewed

--Friday they offered him a new contract

Winner winner on keeping the pot stirred! Wishful needs a Coke and a smile! Apparently wishful has decided to take the "flip flops" off and stand on the side of the road that was unkind prior to slap gate.

The trees say.............................. get back to tennis class , girls are waiting on ya.

The trees don't talk to In-laws with their heads up in the clouds. Besides, Not much of a tennis fan. Not a fan of listening to ignorant people either. That's why I listen to the Trees. Speaking of, The trees did say little someth'n! Get up off the couch and go help the old man pack up!