Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Testified For Dennis Alexander Read More: Troup Basketball Coach: I’m Losing My Job Because I Tes

Guest 4to3

Casual observer...probationary teachers which will be a teacher in their 1st thru 3 rd year at a school can be terminated at any time for any reason that states..."In the best interest of the school district"......MOST schools will take the "probationary"tag off of teachers that have 10 or more years of experience after the first year and give them a "tenure" contract which means IF they are to be terminated there is a lengthy process of growth plans and other things......BUT with this guy his first year....Troup is well within their legal rights to terminate....EVEN if they had said to him "you are doing a GREAT JOB....remember.....in the best interest of the school district.....

The trees don't lie! They also say of all the trains that roll through that town..... The DA Express ain't the one you ought to hop on.

And they also say a broken clock is right twice a day. And if you have something to say about Coach Alexander let's hear it. Bring it on. Personally I am betting that he has been a heck of a lot more successful in his career than you have in yours.

I would say that you folks need to stop doing this because of the way that you continue to drag your community through the mud and make yourselves look absolutely mind numbingly totally completely and thoroughly ignorant. But I would be lying if I did. I HOPE you keep it up. Keep dropping insinuations and outright lies and making yourselves so foolish. You are providing a bunch of people a plethora of entertainment.

Making insinuations about Dennis FREAKING Alexander.............wow, just wow.

Casual observer...probationary teachers which will be a teacher in their 1st thru 3 rd year at a school can be terminated at any time for any reason that states..."In the best interest of the school district"......MOST schools will take the "probationary"tag off of teachers that have 10 or more years of experience after the first year and give them a "tenure" contract which means IF they are to be terminated there is a lengthy process of growth plans and other things......BUT with this guy his first year....Troup is well within their legal rights to terminate....EVEN if they had said to him "you are doing a GREAT JOB....remember.....in the best interest of the school district.....

Does that include retaliation by the employer when the employee is engaged in a protected activity, in this case, obeying a subpoena?

Bull Spit. That is a total complete and absolute lie and nothing more than a cheap attempt to besmirch a mans character.

The TRUTH is that Troup ISD is looking like the biggest bunch of clueless morons this side of Navasota. And if you do not like being told that you are covered in mud and smell like manure quit rolling around in pig pens.

This has been a WORLD CLASS example of how petty small town politics can be from the very beginning. I am ECSTATIC that Coach Alexander is fighting this tooth and nail even though he KNOWS that he is done in Troup. MORE Coaches should do this, but it is a sad fact that the School Board and Administrations in these small towns KNOW that a young Coach with his whole career in front of him and a family to worry about will just about always quietly go on down the road no matter how speciously he is being treated.

Let the truth come out. EVERY single bit of it. And some of you folks need to stop trying to assassinate the character of people through innuendo if you have something to say , SAY It and quit beating around the bush like you have some big secret that only you are in possession of.

The TRUTH is the truth. If you cannot handle the truth (yes I know Jack Nicholson blah blah blah) perhaps you should not put yourself in a position to where that if the truth is exposed you will look bad. Personally am curious how some people go through life. It must be REALLY hard to keep the lights off in your home and all the mirrors covered up like you were Hebrew and "Sitting Shiva" so you would not have to look at yourself in the mirror.

After DECADES of trying to help young people reach their potential, to learn positive life lessons that will serve them as good parents, spouses, citizens, while witnessing the so called "leaders" of these communities exhibit behavior that is EXACTLY opposite of what the great majority of coaches teach and model, I am sick of it. And after these communities run off good men and women, they sit next to each other at Church and the cafe and smile and pray with each other and pretend that none of it ever happened and that they are all out for what is "best for the kids".

Makes me want to puke.

Idk but I'm thinking the petty small town boards you spoke of is true in this case, this example. But i also know for a fact that some small town boards look out for the kids.

• Like 1

BCP the pollen has you all flustered! I said listen to the trees..... Not smell them! Take a Benadryl and relax! The trees are talking and you're all stopped up/ not listening!

Well it is that time of the year.

Does that include retaliation by the employer when the employee is engaged in a protected activity, in this case, obeying a subpoena?

All the "employer" has to say is...."In the best interest of the school district".....it could be because you wear Red shoes instead of Brown shoes....If the employee is a probationary employee the district can terminate just because....IF they state in the best interest of the school district....Do I agree with this?????....HEAVENS NO....but have been on THAT side of a contract and was told services no longer needed.....because I was OLD and made almost as much as the head football coach...when you added my "daily" rate.....HC complained that I was making almost as much as him and school was NOT going to raise HIS salary....soooo they got rid of me.....had Excellent teacher evaluations....4's and 5's...No 2's or 1's....and only 3's I received were the ones in section 4 where the highest you could score was a 3

Almost correct. Teachers that meet the 5 of 8 rule when hired at a district must receive a term contract after their first year in the new district. The district can only put those teachers on another probationary contract with mutual agreement.

Yes it is totally within the rights of the district to terminate the contract of a first year employee for any reason they choose.

And if you think that bit of information is somehow relevant to the situation or somehow makes Troup ISD look any better you need to guess again. This makes them look bad for a reason. They look bad. And if throwing out all of these neat little facts is somehow making you feel better about yourself that is wonderful. Because it is not helping you in the court of public opinion whatsoeover, good thing you are getting something out of it.

Yes it is totally within the rights of the district to terminate the contract of a first year employee for any reason they choose.

And if you think that bit of information is somehow relevant to the situation or somehow makes Troup ISD look any better you need to guess again. This makes them look bad for a reason. They look bad. And if throwing out all of these neat little facts is somehow making you feel better about yourself that is wonderful. Because it is not helping you in the court of public opinion whatsoeover, good thing you are getting something out of it.

Billy Clyde....NOT trying to say or do anything here....I think it is a tragic that all of this is happening...I was just saying that the "said" school district is going to claim "in the best interest of the school"...THAT is THEIR scapegoat. Not defending the action....just letting those...NOT like you and me that have been "in the business" for a couple of "centuries" that school districts have their ways of getting rid of those that "upset" their apple carts...

I'm going to defer to you all in the public education field but something tells me new case law precedent might find it's way here. Regardless, the coach was engaged in a protected activity and his employment was terminated for no other reason than the fact he testified. That won't be a hard sell to 6 or 12 either.

Bull Spit. That is a total complete and absolute lie and nothing more than a cheap attempt to besmirch a mans character.

The TRUTH is that Troup ISD is looking like the biggest bunch of clueless morons this side of Navasota. And if you do not like being told that you are covered in mud and smell like manure quit rolling around in pig pens.

This has been a WORLD CLASS example of how petty small town politics can be from the very beginning. I am ECSTATIC that Coach Alexander is fighting this tooth and nail even though he KNOWS that he is done in Troup. MORE Coaches should do this, but it is a sad fact that the School Board and Administrations in these small towns KNOW that a young Coach with his whole career in front of him and a family to worry about will just about always quietly go on down the road no matter how speciously he is being treated.

Let the truth come out. EVERY single bit of it. And some of you folks need to stop trying to assassinate the character of people through innuendo if you have something to say , SAY It and quit beating around the bush like you have some big secret that only you are in possession of.

The TRUTH is the truth. If you cannot handle the truth (yes I know Jack Nicholson blah blah blah) perhaps you should not put yourself in a position to where that if the truth is exposed you will look bad. Personally am curious how some people go through life. It must be REALLY hard to keep the lights off in your home and all the mirrors covered up like you were Hebrew and "Sitting Shiva" so you would not have to look at yourself in the mirror.

After DECADES of trying to help young people reach their potential, to learn positive life lessons that will serve them as good parents, spouses, citizens, while witnessing the so called "leaders" of these communities exhibit behavior that is EXACTLY opposite of what the great majority of coaches teach and model, I am sick of it. And after these communities run off good men and women, they sit next to each other at Church and the cafe and smile and pray with each other and pretend that none of it ever happened and that they are all out for what is "best for the kids".

Makes me want to puke.

Drop the mic Billyclyde! Love it

I'm going to defer to you all in the public education field but something tells me new case law precedent might find it's way here.

"Case law" is irrelevant....the legislature has spelled it out clearly when they passed this law many moons ago......if you are on a probationary contract, they can get rid of you for any reason, or no reason at all.....carry on..... :)

Nobody said that they were not in their right to not renew him. Everyone knows in the profession what a probationary contract is.

What everyone is saying is that is is BS and retaliatory because of him being honest about what happened. It didn;t jive with the witch hunt in Troup against DA, so they fired him. 99.99999999% of the time you are weeks off a excellent evaluation, you get renewed unless you commit a crime etc.

The best interest of the school district is BS in this case as he just told the truth.

But there is no question it is their right to look like morons and inbred idiots throughout this.

• Like 1

Nobody said that they were not in their right to not renew him. Everyone knows in the profession what a probationary contract is.

What everyone is saying is that is is BS and retaliatory because of him being honest about what happened. It didn;t jive with the witch hunt in Troup against DA, so they fired him. 99.99999999% of the time you are weeks off a excellent evaluation, you get renewed unless you commit a crime etc.

The best interest of the school district is BS in this case as he just told the truth.

But there is no question it is their right to look like morons and inbred idiots throughout this.

Understand.....seems there are a few posters on here that think I am "defending TISD" for their actions......NOPE as Billy Clyde has so nicely stated he, as well as I have been in this education business for a LONG time. We sure didn't get into this business for the money....I could have made WAY MORE $$$$$ working for Wal-Mart!!!!....and had that option almost 40 years ago....I "think" I speak for atleast a few...I got in this business to help kids become better students, citizens and mothers and fathers. I have been paid back with things money can't buy.....friendship...respect and seeing the lightbulb finally click!!!!....TISD on the other hand is trying to dim the light....for whatever reason...according to them it's for the kids.....well probably the reasoning is small town politics and low forhead mentality.....

Is it possible that the basketball coach was in the gym during the alleged Dennis Alexander incident?

You did read the news article didn't you? If you didn't maybe you should, if you did, you should probably read it again, but a little slower this time.

You did read the news article didn't you? If you didn't maybe you should, if you did, you should probably read it again, but a little slower this time.

LOL

Amazing. Next we will have someone in the "know" who are on here and implying that the BB Coach was also holding illegal practices DURING the football games.