Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

G-P was picked by DCTF to finish fourth in a district not known for its postseason achievements. Not sure how that actually played out, but I do know G-P lost in the first round to a team that bowed out the next week.

Good luck, Coach.

Gonna be interesting to see how this coach search goes. Already a lil' social media push for a couple homegrown inside candidates, and for a former Yoe assistant/now head coach whose team is on Yoe's schedule this season...

Sometimes it's a strain on the COACHES, dude from Allen is a good example.. And coaches now days are expected to achieve under alot of adverse conditions, titles and all this with a downturn in talent..

Dude from Allen left the for the same reason that all these older Coaches leave. MORE CASH. 5 years of mo money for TRS retirement. I'm sure this is the same reason the Yoe Coach is leaving.

I gotta say, I'd be surprised to learn Fedora walked out on a days-old contract extension at his own proven program for a move that is technically "down." But, stranger things have happened. Here's the thing to remember about Yoe: I got good money says a quarter of Yoe Nation - especially those with country club memberships - has been blowing up the phones of their schoolboard member-of-choice in support of one of the "home"boys already "in the system". Brashear, Magre, or even Bay City coach Flores. IF CISD decides to go with an outside candidate, that same Yoe Nation is gonna essentially "demand" that he keep those "home"boys on staff, and that might be a sticking point.

A couple of things.

1. Rhoades was very important to Cameron and I gave him about as much praise as anyone could. When I said we have talent coming up, I meant that talent should not be the reason we would go downhill.

2. I don't really see how Cameron is a step down from Navasota. Both have been very successful (Navasota more so as of late) and the pay is going to be about equal. Cameron has an excellent weight room and newly renovated field. Cameron is a top 10 winning football program...all time in all classifications. Both are big jobs for most coaches.

3. This job is going to draw a ton of interest. The last go around the people that made the decision obviously made the right one. Rhoades was a great football coach but an even better man. I expect the same qualities to be desired in the next coach. Rhoades had an excellent resume with head coaching experience in 5A (led a team to state) and was a d-coordinator at several top notch larger schools before coming to Cameron. I think the committee will have to consider every candidate that applies and make the appropriate decision based on what they hear from those candidates.

• Like 1