Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

Just to clarify - Please note that I put the word "down" in quotations, implying that it is only down in size of city and in classification.

I am going to go ahead and say that this has the potential to be a tricky situation for a "homegrown" candidate...

He just had a follow-up surgery to clear out the knee. He has a long, hard rehab ahead, but what I've heard is Blinn and UMHB are only schools right now with interest...

Would be a good pickup for UMHB...he fits the style there well...Go CRU...

I bet he would. LOL

Nothing against YOE but I am imagining that lee has his heights set just a little higher than Cameron, Texas right now.

I hate to tell you but going from Navasota to YOE is not even a lateral move to anyone in the profession.

I agree 100%. The only successful coaches that want to move down in classification are older guys looking for less headaches.

From the outside looking in it would seem curious that Yoe would hire a in house defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience.

The rumour all over Central Texas is the in house hire is a lock, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the Cameron fan base if that happens, especially if they win half their games next season.

How will the school board justify that hire as the top candidate for the job? Guess they are going to pull a Temple Texas.

The superintendent and the school board could go from the penthouse to the outhouse within a year.

Rhoades set the bar high that is for sure.

Staying in house isn't always a bad thing. Look at Gilmer. Sometimes there is no need to rock the boat when things are already going well.

An outside hire means the new coach will usually want to bring a lot of their own coaches in. Staying in house secures that a lot of those current coaches don't leave.

Staying in house isn't always a bad thing. Look at Gilmer. Sometimes there is no need to rock the boat when things are already going well.

An outside hire means the new coach will usually want to bring a lot of their own coaches in. Staying in house secures that a lot of those current coaches don't leave.

Always heard Rhoades was the one and only captain of the Yoe ship. Could take 2 to 3 coaches with him.

Cameron fan base may want to send out a SOS.

Sure Rockdale, Franklin and the McGregor fans will be ok with a in house coordinator hire

Obviously you're not a fan of the DC. Who do you think thet should be going after? Someone with head coaching experience? Or a coordinator from a bigger program? Just curious.

Obviously you're not a fan of the DC. Who do you think thet should be going after? Someone with head coaching experience? Or a coordinator from a bigger program? Just curious.

Do not know the Yoe coordinator, Assume he is a great human being. When the application process ends and finalist list is made public, the Cameron fan base will be able to judge for themselves if their superintendent and elected officials put the best person in the vacant position. I am sure all head coaches and coordinators whom apply, all ask for the same thing, a fair opportunity. Central TX is watching this hire closely. Maybe a Temple TX repeat?

I'm gonna go ahead and say this:

A - Bringing in an outside coach doesn't necessarily mean they'd have to bring in their own staff. Anyone trying to speak intelligently on this topic is overlooking Rhoades' program itself.

B - There are rumors all over this subject, and one of them, indeed, is that at least one prominent and locally-loved assistant is leaving with Rhoades.

C - Honestly, if I was an "in-house" candidate, I would be very wary of my potential promotion being more based on me being more susceptible to agendas and "politics" than would an outside hire.

Jus' sayin'...

Always heard Rhoades was the one and only captain of the Yoe ship. Could take 2 to 3 coaches with him.

Cameron fan base may want to send out a SOS.

Sure Rockdale, Franklin and the McGregor fans will be ok with a in house coordinator hire

Rhoades was THE head coach, no doubt. But the thing that keeps that team in the list of winningest programs statewide is the staff of assistant coaches who are former players who come back to make sure the tradition is defended and upheld. Unlike outsiders, those young men are dedicated to assuring that their legacies are lived up to.

A nobody and not much...

Guess we will find out. So glad Teague stayed in your Malakoff district another two years of going back and forth should be eventful.

Oh that's right your kids go to a private school........guess your beloved Tigers weren't good enough for your kids.