Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

Either you're not familiar with Cameron, or you're one of those country club types trying to defend the culture. If you are, don't get so defensive about it - You're not special. It happens everywhere.But don't try to act like it doesn't happen, because we peons may be poor, but we're not as ignorant as you want to think we are.

And don't try to make stuff up to discredit me - Please go back and copy and paste exactly where I said Tommy wasn't a credible coach? (BTW - Great job yourself discrediting at least a couple other homegrown coaches on the staff by saying Tommy's the ONLY one responsible for the defense's success) Tommy can - and WILL - be a VERY successful coach, IF certain people will LET him. If not, then I'M not gonna be the one who makes Cameron look bad. (God forbid callin' it like ya see it be an admirable quality)

I "haven't said one thing that's true"? HA! Deny, deny, deny - It worked for OJ.

I live in Cameron, and have my entire life. There is no such thing as this country club mentality that you speak of

There is a brand new superintendent, and a wonderful school board, and that's who takes care of the hiring. Sure there is plenty of talk in town about who wants who to be hired, but there is no such thing as this mentality you speak of where people within the public share their opinions with those of higher authority, and those opinions have some sort of influence on the decisions made. That concept is something you just completely made up on your own with absolutely zero factual evidence to back it up.

Yes tommy has had help from his wonderful defensive assistants. There is no denying that. Those are assistants that will stay in place so long as he is hired to be the head man. I made that statement to discredit the statements made by those saying that Rhoades ran the ship completely on his own. Because that isn't true at all. Tommy and his defensive assistants ran the defense with no help from Rhoades whatsoever. That's why I made that statement.

Lastly, people are always going to try and be in the ear of the Head Coach, whether it's Tommy, or literally anyone else. It doesn't matter whether you're from Cameron or from Europe, people will try and be in the ear of the Head Coach. Thata just another thing that comes along with the job that is rather simple to handle. Politely listen to what they have to say, and then shrug it off with a laugh when they leave. Pretty simple.

And Lake Travis, Canadian, etc

And Lake Travis, Canadian, etc

Troy Trojans say whoa to all that good talk about in house hires. Some work, some don't. Keep saying it over and over if you are pushing for the in house hire in Cameron and most likely it will come true. Be careful of what you ask for you may get it. Sure is tough being on the Cameron search committee on this hire. Little different than the previous in house hires I have been told. The community is split over this one, folks in Troy, Rockdale, Temple,Franklin and Thorndale all been talking about the Cameron hire. The search committee better be more than 50 per cent right on this one. Could hurt the Cameron football program on participation. As far as a big time offensive coordinator coming into Cameron as a Head Coach it would not be a disaster that some want people to believe. If he can develop QB'S and receivers it would work.

Who could guarantee that anyone who comes to Cameron as a head coach or offensive assistant will have the ability to run the offense and develop QB'S and receivers as Rhoades could. I am sure the Cameron DC ran a adequate defense during the state championship runs, but been told Rhoades offense bailed him out on numerous occasions. That is just good team work. Cameron fans seemed to be interested and watching this hire, best of luck..Even elite programs can hit the bottom quickly if you don't hire a top notch head man. It is not fun being a bottom feeder. Search committee being given high praise by some, let's see if they deliver the top product. I hope this search committee is a diverse make up of the community, they going have to answer some questions on this one any way it goes.

Troy Trojans say whoa to all that good talk about in house hires. Some work, some don't. Keep saying it over and over if you are pushing for the in house hire in Cameron and most likely it will come true. Be careful of what you ask for you may get it. Sure is tough being on the Cameron search committee on this hire. Little different than the previous in house hires I have been told. The community is split over this one, folks in Troy, Rockdale, Temple,Franklin and Thorndale all been talking about the Cameron hire. The search committee better be more than 50 per cent right on this one. Could hurt the Cameron football program on participation. As far as a big time offensive coordinator coming into Cameron as a Head Coach it would not be a disaster that some want people to believe. If he can develop QB'S and receivers it would work.

Who could guarantee that anyone who comes to Cameron as a head coach or offensive assistant will have the ability to run the offense and develop QB'S and receivers as Rhoades could. I am sure the Cameron DC ran a adequate defense during the state championship runs, but been told Rhoades offense bailed him out on numerous occasions. That is just good team work. Cameron fans seemed to be interested and watching this hire, best of luck..Even elite programs can hit the bottom quickly if you don't hire a top notch head man. It is not fun being a bottom feeder. Search committee being given high praise by some, let's see if they deliver the top product. I hope this search committee is a diverse make up of the community, they going have to answer some questions on this one any way it goes.

Rhoades' offense was good. There's no doubt about that. But you know how the saying goes, defense wins championships. I watched every playoff game the past 4 years, and that is certainly the case in Cameron. In 2012, the defense was one of the best Cameron has ever had. Absolutely dominant. In 2013, if it weren't for the defense in that White Oak game, Cameron would've never even played in the championship game. Same goes for 2014 when the defense shut Rockdale down in the second half. You can score as many points as you want, but if you can't stop the opponent from scoring, good luck. Winning in football starts with having a great defense, and that will never change.

Say like Malakoff, China Spring and Brock. It is a team game all teams have to come through to prevail, special, offense and defense,

I am sure both the in house supporters and the out side hire supporters can spin it in their man's direction.

That is why Cameron has that highly qualified search committee looking at applications. The direction of your program is in their hands, who knows they may bring forward a candidate and the board may vote against the recommendation, because the coach does not fit the best interest of the Cameron community and ISD.. What ever that means. I guess that is why you have a diverse group of individuals among the search committee, not just Cameron High graduates.

I guess it could mean a Cameron High School graduate is the only coach that can fit, regardless of all applicants resumes. At least the Rockdale Tigers had not pulled that as of yet. Maybe it is a trend , watch out Tiger fans. Good luck Cameron fan base, I think you may need it.

Ummmm, just exactly how am I "playing victim"?! Please, do explain that one. Weak. AF. Just like the "You're an embarassment to Cameron" snipe. I can't read that without hearing it in a twelve year-old whiny brat voice. Really? I will NEH-VUR cop to being the most mature rascal in the world, but you two sound like pretend schoolyard bullies who just can't get your way.

If you've lived all your life in Cameron and honestly never witnessed any of the "country club" crowd pull a string, then you can file that under "What They Say About Ignorance And Bliss". But don't call ME a liar because I HAVE seen it. And I am FAARRR from the only one.

It's real funny that you say I'm trying to make all of Cameron look bad by referring to the actions and attitudes of a handful of wannabe-elitists in the town. So YOU think that that small group represents the entire town, huh? As I pointed out before - 82+% of CISD students come from poverty-level homes. So I'm pri-tee sure you're a tad off on that one. But you know who would think like that- that if someone dares disparage any of the "upstanding members of the community who dine at Bob's on a regular basis and play golf at the country club on weekdays and are most likely members of the Chamber of Congress, etc", then they are insulting all of Cameron?

Yeah, one of those people.

Like I said - You suuuurrre did get defensive about it. But nope - You don't get to try to blast me as a liar just because I said something you don't like - not to mention try to say I talked trash about Tommy - and expect on any level that you're just gonna slide.

Ummmm, just exactly how am I "playing victim"?! Please, do explain that one. Weak. AF. Just like the "You're an embarassment to Cameron" snipe. I can't read that without hearing it in a twelve year-old whiny brat voice. Really? I will NEH-VUR cop to being the most mature rascal in the world, but you two sound like pretend schoolyard bullies who just can't get your way.

If you've lived all your life in Cameron and honestly never witnessed any of the "country club" crowd pull a string, then you can file that under "What They Say About Ignorance And Bliss". But don't call ME a liar because I HAVE seen it. And I am FAARRR from the only one.

It's real funny that you say I'm trying to make all of Cameron look bad by referring to the actions and attitudes of a handful of wannabe-elitists in the town. So YOU think that that small group represents the entire town, huh? As I pointed out before - 82+% of CISD students come from poverty-level homes. So I'm pri-tee sure you're a tad off on that one. But you know who would think like that- that if someone dares disparage any of the "upstanding members of the community who dine at Bob's on a regular basis and play golf at the country club on weekdays and are most likely members of the Chamber of Congress, etc", then they are insulting all of Cameron?

Yeah, one of those people.

Like I said - You suuuurrre did get defensive about it. But nope - You don't get to try to blast me as a liar just because I said something you don't like - not to mention try to say I talked trash about Tommy - and expect on any level that you're just gonna slide.

LOL. I got defensive? I'll let your post speak for itself. HAHAHAHAHA

WOW! could be a great job see a lot if not all the big names come for this one.

WOW! could be a great job see a lot if not all the big names come for this one.

Heard there were a few big names, but it was the in house DC job all the way. Tough sked ahead for new coach, bunch of talent though. Got to get pass Rockdale Franklin and McGregor Could be playing for 4 spot. Teauge and Malakoff waiting on New Head man. Will get a chance to show some people they were right or they were dead wrong with this selection. Hope for the Coach and his family he is a good one. Pretty tough in Cameron if you lose, just ask the Beaumont /Port Arthur guy.

LOL. I got defensive? I'll let your post speak for itself. HAHAHAHAHA

Who are you, Pee-Wee Herman?! "I know you are but what am I?"

All I said was "It looks like a possibility that these people might be thinking about doing this." YOU'RE the one who went nuts blastin' ME as a "liar" and goin' out of your way to tell other members to not believe a word I say, over sumthin' YOU say doesn't even exist, much less has nothing to do with you if that's true.

So what else you wanna try to put off on me?

• 1 year later...